Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Wembley

Comments

• Options
    Need to actually learn my lesson and not stay in the pub for too long, missed Bielek's goal on Friday and it was the only good moment for about another 110 minutes! I 100% want to get the hassle of getting to Wembley out of the way so i'll probably join the 39k others in The Green Man
    I imagine getting into Wembley will take ages too, with everyone trying to find the right entrance, go through security, find their seat etc

• Options
    Ultimatum said:
    Ultimatum said:
    How do we know which ones we’ve been allocated? 
    Look at the link in the 3rd post. It will surely be the same as for cup final.
    I tweeted Green man last night, they confirmed we have been allocated the pub and they will have food stalls/vans. Leaving Dartford at 9.30ish to get there for opening 😂
    You'll be pretty late then, they've said they're opening at 9am.
    Going to Boxpark instead (ticket dependant). 
  • Options
    Just a quick one chaps - is there a fee to get in The Green Man? Cheers
  • Options
    Just a quick one chaps - is there a fee to get in The Green Man? Cheers
    No
  • Options
    Wheatsheaf opens at 10am Sunday for those having a couple at borough market.
  • Options
    The Police have tweeted theCharlton pubs.

https://twitter.com/mpsfootballunit/status/1130877067313254400?s=21 
  • Options

• Options
    Pringle said:
    Who doesn't like a pissup in a Best Western.  
    The setup the hotels put on isn’t to sniggered at was in holiday in for England was class, they did steins and was serving was good, long as the weather is good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.facebook.com/thearchwembley/

Not sure why The Arch is shown as temporarily closed, as on its Facebook Page it's definitely open!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    JJ Moons (Weatherspoons) Kingsbury is another good shout not on the list.
    You go one stop past Wembley Park, get off Kingsbury (next stop) , turn left out of station and walk for 1 minute.
    It's not the only pub there either.
    Then when you leave the pub for Wembley the tube you need, coming from the North is empty.
  • Options
    You go one stop past Wembley Park, get off Kingsbury (next stop) , turn left out of station and walk for 1 minute.
    Then when you leave the pub for Wembley the tube you need, coming from the North is empty.
    Thats my plan
  • Options
    Anyone that might be wandering around The City, Mick the guvnor of The Grapes, Lime St is opening early doors

Its where we had the last City Addicks he’s a big Charlton fan
  • Options
    Do we know if we’ve got The Globe yet? 
  • Options
    Anyone that might be wandering around The City, Mick the guvnor of The Grapes, Lime St is opening early doors

Any idea what time? Might be a good option can jump on the met line pretty easy after. 
  • Options
    9 I think mate 
  • Options
    Do we know if we’ve got The Globe yet? 
    It was 50/50 for the Checkatrade Sunderland v Pompey.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if pubs at Borough Market are open early Sunday ? If no anyone drinking at London Bridge ?
  • Options
    That's what we done for the last final.
    not a spoons, but an Irish pub then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    holyjo said:
    Does anyone know if pubs at Borough Market are open early Sunday ? If no anyone drinking at London Bridge ?
    Wouldnt say many will be open before 1030 around there on Sunday
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    There will be a few open a 9am, we’re heading there for then 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    holyjo said:
    I guess Barrowboy is one? I didnt think there would be anywhere else open. I might pop in there then as im coming thru that way
  • Options
    See the post about the Grapes by Leadenhall. Charlton supporting landlord is opening at 10.30 am for Charlton fans. 

Just across the bridge. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    holyjo said:
    I guess Barrowboy is one? I didnt think there would be anywhere else open. I might pop in there then as im coming thru that way
    Opening times for pubs in Borough Market area on Sunday.
    Barrowboy & Banker 9am
    Southwark Tavern  10am
    Wheatscheaf           10am
    Market Porter         12 noon
  • Options
    clive said:
    J BLOCK said:
    holyjo said:
    Opening times for pubs in Borough Market area on Sunday.
    Barrowboy & Banker 9am
    Southwark Tavern  10am
    Wheatscheaf           10am
    Market Porter         12 noon
    Cheers for that.
    Meeting a few at London Bridge around 9ish so undecided to head straight to wembley or have some breakfast at Borough now
  • Options
    My plan, breakfast and beer in the spoon in dartford, train to Waterloo and drink in slug and lettuce and meeting up with other then tube to Wembley Central for 2pm
  • Options
    Bunch of grapes is open from 10am aswell I believe next to the shard 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Used to stay in the guest house there when I first started making regular trips to London and The Valley. Reckon I stayed in 12 of their 13 rooms over the years! Was apparently the local for Mitchell & Webb, not that I ever saw them, but was very handy for the long lamented Luminaire which was one my favourite ever gig venues. Quite often touring bands would stay there too if playing the Luminaire. Lovely pub inside but beer choices were pretty poor. The North London Tavern beside Brondesbury was much better for beer.
  • Options

Dead in the city normally though