Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Wembley

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    J BLOCK said:
    holyjo said:
    Does anyone know if pubs at Borough Market are open early Sunday ? If no anyone drinking at London Bridge ?
    There will be a few open a 9am, we’re heading there for then 
    I guess Barrowboy is one? I didnt think there would be anywhere else open. I might pop in there then as im coming thru that way
    Opening times for pubs in Borough Market area on Sunday.
    Barrowboy & Banker 9am
    Southwark Tavern  10am
    Wheatscheaf           10am
    Market Porter         12 noon
    Cheers for that.
    Meeting a few at London Bridge around 9ish so undecided to head straight to wembley or have some breakfast at Borough now
    Borough market sounds better if they’re opening early 
  • Options
    clive said:
    J BLOCK said:
    holyjo said:
    Does anyone know if pubs at Borough Market are open early Sunday ? If no anyone drinking at London Bridge ?
    I guess Barrowboy is one? I didnt think there would be anywhere else open. I might pop in there then as im coming thru that way
    Barrowboy & Banker 9am
    Southwark Tavern  10am
    Any of those pubs stop ya wearing your colours?
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    clive said:
    J BLOCK said:
    holyjo said:
    Barrowboy & Banker 9am
    Southwark Tavern  10am
    Never have when I’ve been in any of them before and other clubs fans been in. 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Anyone that might be wandering around The City, Mick the guvnor of The Grapes, Lime St is opening early doors

Its where we had the last City Addicks he’s a big Charlton fan
    Dead in the city normally though 
    It normally is but if a Charlton landlord is opening his pub specifically for this game I would expect the atmosphere in there to be good.

the Britannia and the Monument pubs next to Monument also open at 11 on Sunday. 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    clive said:
    J BLOCK said:
    holyjo said:
    Barrowboy & Banker 9am
    Southwark Tavern  10am
    At 9 in the morning on a Sunday? You’ll be fine. I’ll be there with the flag
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Anyone that might be wandering around The City, Mick the guvnor of The Grapes, Lime St is opening early doors

Its where we had the last City Addicks he’s a big Charlton fan
    Dead in the city normally though 
    It normally is but if a Charlton landlord is opening his pub specifically for this game I would expect the atmosphere in there to be good.

the Britannia and the Monument pubs next to Monument also open at 11 on Sunday. 
    I know the Britannia to well lol! I used to work in the office above it and The Grapes I worked opposite lol 
    we used to go to the Britannia for cheap beer then monument when that got too busy and if pushed by the monument crowds move to the fine line which is now Hydrant 
  • Options
    I paid £6.10 for a pint in the Hydrant on marathon day.  So the other 3 are better options. 

• Options
    Wembley is one of the worst places to drink in London, I'd go as far to say North West London as whole is pretty crap for everything.
  • Options
    Where will people be drinking after the game...I'd guess it depends on the result?
  • Options
    Mate of mine reckons 'The Crock of Gold' outside Wembley Park tube is good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Allocated to Sunderland 
  • Options
    redcarter said:
    Allocated to Sunderland 
    You can't imagine too many fans of the losing team (whether them or us) hanging around near the ground after the match!
  • Options
    redcarter said:
    Allocated to Sunderland 
    Cross that one off the list then !!!

are there any decent pubs near Marylebone station - I'm thinking about going overground rail from there to Wembley
  • Options
    Where will people be drinking after the game...I'd guess it depends on the result?

• Options
    redcarter said:
    Allocated to Sunderland 

are there any decent pubs near Marylebone station - I'm thinking about going overground rail from there to Wembley
    Sir John Balcombe....on Balcombe St.....bar inside the station is OK but will be busy.
  • Options
    Thinking of drinking at Baker Street pre game ..... do we know yet which pub is allocated to Charlton yet? Pressume there will be plenty of Charlton there and a good atmosphere and easy enough to get to Wembley?
  • Options
    My lot will be at Baker st , the Metropolitan spoons hopefully or the globe opp. Iv'e just given spoons a call and they haven't been told yet by the Met which fans they will have but she said they normally get the quieter ones. Does this rule us out  :)
  • Options
    Baker street been given to Sunderland I believe
  • Options
    There are two pubs opposite each other one will be Sunderland the other Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are two pubs opposite each other one will be Sunderland the other Charlton
    I hope you're patient with the waiting time to get served.
  • Options
    after the game regardless of result ill be heading back to green man im sure 80,000 trying to leave wembley is going to mean standing for a while so would rather have a pint and for once it isn't going to be too late so not rushing to make last trains etc
  • Options
    Can anyone suggest anywhere decent for breakfast around London bridge, given that we'll be looking to be there by 9am and it's a Sunday?

• Options
    Terry's cafe. Great Suffolk street. Best cafe in London. Open 8 until 3. 
  • Options
    If anyone was thinking going to the Pilot in Greenwich, and then Jubilee up, it's opening at 12, and won't be shifting from that
  • Options
    Anyone not planning a leo sayer and drinking in the stadium concourse? One mate I'm meeting lives near Wembley so it's something we are considering
  • Options
    The Metropolitan weatherspoons opens at 9am , big lovely pub
  • Options
    based on this thread, half the allocated pubs near the ground won't be too busy as everyone seems to be drinking all over the place en route.

last time we drank at Baker St, but with kids in tow this time, the plan is to get to wembley around 12.30 and find somewhere for a few....Green Man potentially

Kids want to get there early and I don't fancy cramming on a tube at 2.15 with them!
  • Options
    redcarter said:
    Allocated to Sunderland 

JJ Moons.....also as others have mentioned Green Man.
  • Options
    I drank in the Volunteer at Baker St with saints fans before their league cup final with Man Utd couple of years back. Better than the other baker st pubs and wasn’t too stressful getting served. Might be worth considering rather than that Globe place or the spoons.