Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Wembley

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up @stoneroses19
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    I rang the Metropolitan/Spoons at Baker Street this afternoon and the third person I was passed on to said that it had been designated for Sunderland supporters.

Assuming that’s right, I assume that we have The Globe across the road, which opens at 10am ?
    This was my lots original plan, however one of mates has been told both Baker Street pubs are being given to Sunderland. 

We’re now heading to Spoons at Wembley Central instead. 
    My mates will be in JJ Moons...Wembley Central.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if one of the Baker street pubs is allocated Charlton? Did read somewhere that might both be Sunderland.
  • Options
    Can anyone advise on how busy the green man is and if it’s child friendly? On route and should be there by 11?? 
  • Options
    Just to say that, despite being told yesterday that it was designated for Sunderland fans, we arrived at the Metropolitan Bar/Spoons by Baker St station and were admitted with no problems. A good, mixed crowd of Sunderland and Charlton supporters and very relaxed atmosphere.
  • Options
    At  jj moons in kingsbury , good mix of sunderland and Charlton 
  • Options
    In the risk pub with @DA9
  • Options
    JJ Moons Wembley, about 100 or so Charlton at moment. 
  • Options
    Maybe 4-500 in green Man. Hard to tell cos it's so spread out. Great atmosphere though
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    The last time I was at Wembley was '98 so I may be wrong.

I imagine that all of the pubs advertised for the fans will be absolutely heaving.  You would be better off drinking well away from Wembley and tube/train it in later.

London Bridge and the Covent Garden area I would imagine is favourite.
    Surely the whole point is to be boozing amongst other fans, soaking in the occasion? Why anyone would want to drink 35 minutes away in some shite tourist pub is beyond me.

Can always take cans in to the beer garden and fill up a pint glass from your first round if you're worried about not getting served quickly.
    I dunno. It’s not a normal away with a few hundred descending on a pub singing and drinking.  I think we’re going to stick with drinking with our ‘group’ after getting into Waterloo then heading to Wembley.  Not ideal I agree. Anyone know what the prices are like in the ground? And do they take cash? (got surprised by cashless bars at the Oval recently)
    Budweiser for £6 I gather.

I understand getting the atmosphere in a boozer near the ground, but queueing for 20 minutes to pay inflated prices for a beer in a plastic is not ideal.
    In Weatherspoon's Wembley High St. £1.99 pint for most / some beers. Charlton only. Few songs gone round already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    The last time I was at Wembley was '98 so I may be wrong.

I imagine that all of the pubs advertised for the fans will be absolutely heaving.  You would be better off drinking well away from Wembley and tube/train it in later.

London Bridge and the Covent Garden area I would imagine is favourite.
    Surely the whole point is to be boozing amongst other fans, soaking in the occasion? Why anyone would want to drink 35 minutes away in some shite tourist pub is beyond me.

Can always take cans in to the beer garden and fill up a pint glass from your first round if you're worried about not getting served quickly.
    I dunno. It’s not a normal away with a few hundred descending on a pub singing and drinking.  I think we’re going to stick with drinking with our ‘group’ after getting into Waterloo then heading to Wembley.  Not ideal I agree. Anyone know what the prices are like in the ground? And do they take cash? (got surprised by cashless bars at the Oval recently)
    Budweiser for £6 I gather.

I understand getting the atmosphere in a boozer near the ground, but queueing for 20 minutes to pay inflated prices for a beer in a plastic is not ideal.
    In Weatherspoon's Wembley High St. £1.99 pint for most / some beers. Charlton only. Few songs gone round already.
    Just had a chorus of VFR. Surprisingly quick service too
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Just to say that, despite being told yesterday that it was designated for Sunderland fans, we arrived at the Metropolitan Bar/Spoons by Baker St station and were admitted with no problems. A good, mixed crowd of Sunderland and Charlton supporters and very relaxed atmosphere.
    I was told this yesterday and today.

Ignored that as had arranged a few to meet up. Glad I did. Good lads the Sunderland supporters before the game, and even better after. 
  • Options
    Thought the Wembley Wetherspoons was a very decent place for a pre and post match drink, lively enough but not too heaving either that you can't get to the bar
  • Options
    I sorted out a pub outside Finchley Road tube for a few of us, The North Star, spoke to them during the week, opened at 10, beer garden with bar and BBQ, 1 stop to Wembley, got infiltrated by the CL clique though @Henry Irving
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    I sorted out a pub outside Finchley Road tube for a few of us, The North Star, spoke to them during the week, opened at 10, beer garden with bar and BBQ, 1 stop to Wembley, got infiltrated by the CL clique though @Henry Irving
    Was also in the North Star will my family group both b4 and after the game.
  • Options
    In the North Star for 10am. Then the Arch for the game. 
  • Options
    Had a couple in The Corner House....Charlton only 10 mins from our end...after went to Spoons in St Pancras....50/50 split with Sunderland, good banter then down to the Shipwright Arms....90% Charlton some good singing....Wonderwall sang loudly....the anti Millwall one.  Sent Mrs H over to M&S for more beer and wine for the train journey home...got home 12.45am.  Going out to watch the PO Final later...come on The Villa (wife's has family who support them...good people).
  • Options
    is it a drink today? Get some addicks out on blackheath?
  • Options
    London Bridge was great after although they kept closing all the pubs and trying to get rid of the charlton!
  • Options
    Cracking pre-game atmosphere in the Green Man.

Had to buy arm bands and flippers to get to the inside urinal but useful for cleaning my white trainers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    is it a drink today? Get some addicks out on blackheath?
    The Shipwright Arms chucked out around 10.30....police orders according to the land lady....concerning your other post mate.
  • Options
    Thought the Wembley Wetherspoons was a very decent place for a pre and post match drink, lively enough but not too heaving either that you can't get to the bar
    Big thanks to the staff at Wembley Wetherspoons. They were superb pre and post match. Quick service and all friendly ready for a laugh.

Had a great chat with the manager around 8pm and he said we were the friendliest and funniest football fans they’ve had in a long time. He was still over the moon that today will be hosting Villa, as last time Leeds smashed the pub to pieces. 
  • Options
    Christ, how some of you can drink today I don’t know - I’m completely hanging.
  • Options
    Started and finished at Whitehall weatherspoons, decent atmosphere in there without being too busy. 
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    Christ, how some of you can drink today I don’t know - I’m completely hanging.
    Waiting for Mrs H to get ready and we are off out....Po Final in a pub owned by a Sunderland fan (decent bloke who we get on well with)...should be a fun afternoon.
  • Options
    London Bridge was great after although they kept closing all the pubs and trying to get rid of the charlton!
    That’s because Pompey we’re on the way and didn’t want the spanners on the streets.
  • Options
    This. It was a bit weird. There was no trouble. Everyone was Charlton and getting on with each other. Just having a bit if a sing song.
  • Options
    Started at the Fox & Anchor in Smithfield Market at 10:00, booked by @Simonsen of this parish and also with another mate. We enjoyed a solid breakfast of champions and there was a good smattering of Charlton fans enjoying the same. We then meandered up to Kilburn and went into the Black Lion as they opened at noon. More beers were taken and again, a good number of Addicks in this pub and others in the area. Then to the ground, where we were in our seats by 2:30 and met another mate there. Fantastic atmosphere amongst the supporters. Mayhem as the winner went in. After the game, headed back to Maida Vale  and The Warwick Castle. Now in Mountgay mode, where we probably did a bottle between us. Again, other Charlton fans there and all of us chatting together, reminiscing and generally basking in the occasion. A magnificent day. 
  • Options
    This. It was a bit weird. There was no trouble. Everyone was Charlton and getting on with each other. Just having a bit if a sing song.
    The doorman at the Market Porter told me it was because they were under staffed as they hadnt anticipated such a big crowd on a bank holiday Sunday.  
  • Options
    thameside inn run out of beer, well anything lager i settled for a meantime, they had the highlights on which was good.