Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Wembley

Comments

• Options
    The last time I was at Wembley was '98 so I may be wrong.

I imagine that all of the pubs advertised for the fans will be absolutely heaving.  You would be better off drinking well away from Wembley and tube/train it in later.

London Bridge and the Covent Garden area I would imagine is favourite.
    Please tell me you will be going.
    You've already missed a never to be forgotten Charlton game. 
    Tickets being sorted tomorrow mate.

Been told to f*** off a lot when I have asked for a ticket!
  • Options
    What's the beer like in the ground? More importantly where will we (hopefully) be celebrating afterwards?
    Budweiser
  • Options
    What's the beer like in the ground? More importantly where will we (hopefully) be celebrating afterwards?
    Beer in Wembley is normally dreadful and circa £6 a pint when I’ve been before 
  • Options
    Black Lion, Kilburn. 
  • Options
    Green man for 10.30/11.00 is my plan 
    Do you know what time they open ?
  • Options
    Meeting all my lot in Baker Street, but waiting to see which pubs are Sunderland/Charlton only. 
  • Options
    Green man for 10.30/11.00 is my plan 
    Do you know what time they open ?
    11 I believe. 
  • Options
    The boxpark place nr the ground is pretty decent. Huge in there. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Croydon said:

I imagine that all of the pubs advertised for the fans will be absolutely heaving.  You would be better off drinking well away from Wembley and tube/train it in later.

Surely the whole point is to be boozing amongst other fans, soaking in the occasion? Why anyone would want to drink 35 minutes away in some shite tourist pub is beyond me.

Can always take cans in to the beer garden and fill up a pint glass from your first round if you're worried about not getting served quickly.
    I dunno. It’s not a normal away with a few hundred descending on a pub singing and drinking.  I think we’re going to stick with drinking with our ‘group’ after getting into Waterloo then heading to Wembley.  Not ideal I agree. Anyone know what the prices are like in the ground? And do they take cash? (got surprised by cashless bars at the Oval recently)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    Croydon said:

Surely the whole point is to be boozing amongst other fans, soaking in the occasion? Why anyone would want to drink 35 minutes away in some shite tourist pub is beyond me.

Can always take cans in to the beer garden and fill up a pint glass from your first round if you're worried about not getting served quickly.
    I dunno. It’s not a normal away with a few hundred descending on a pub singing and drinking.  I think we’re going to stick with drinking with our ‘group’ after getting into Waterloo then heading to Wembley.  Not ideal I agree. Anyone know what the prices are like in the ground? And do they take cash? (got surprised by cashless bars at the Oval recently)
    Budweiser for £6 I gather.

I understand getting the atmosphere in a boozer near the ground, but queueing for 20 minutes to pay inflated prices for a beer in a plastic is not ideal.
  • Options
    1998 we drunk near Finchley Road tube and were the only Charlton fans there..

Whenever I’ve been to Wembley the last few years we’ve drunk at one of the pubs by Great Portland St station.

Its one stop before the carnage that will be Baker St and on the Metropolitan Line so quick to Wembley Park
  • Options
    1998 we drunk near Finchley Road tube and were the only Charlton fans there..

Whenever I’ve been to Wembley the last few years we’ve drunk at one of the pubs by Great Portland St station.

Its one stop before the carnage that will be Baker St and on the Metropolitan Line so quick to Wembley Park
    More enjoyable I would have thought.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Few comments on beer in the ground being budweiser. I can't say it will be the same but the selection at the NFL game I was at last year was very impressive. Few different bars around the concourse with different offerings, I don't remember being blown away by the choice but given it was a stadium there was far more than I expected. Think they had some Camden Brewery beer (which isn't amazing but...) and I think a few other decent beers, possibly some Fuller beers. It helped that I could drink it at my seat though.

It may well be different for football, I've only been once for a football game (England v Ireland friendly) and I cannot remember if we had any beer in the ground that day. Remember Shane Long scoring and winning me my first goal scorer and minute of goal (13) bets though!
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    Few comments on beer in the ground being budweiser. I can't say it will be the same but the selection at the NFL game I was at last year was very impressive. Few different bars around the concourse with different offerings, I don't remember being blown away by the choice but given it was a stadium there was far more than I expected. Think they had some Camden Brewery beer (which isn't amazing but...) and I think a few other decent beers, possibly some Fuller beers. It helped that I could drink it at my seat though.

It may well be different for football, I've only been once for a football game (England v Ireland friendly) and I cannot remember if we had any beer in the ground that day. Remember Shane Long scoring and winning me my first goal scorer and minute of goal (13) bets though!
    You will not be able to bring your drink to the seat.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:

Unless you sick it back up.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:

Yes I realise that. It was a nice bonus at the NFL
  • Options
    Meeting all my lot in Baker Street, but waiting to see which pubs are Sunderland/Charlton only. 
    Obviously it's not at Baker st, but am i right in saying that the Green Man near the ground has been given to us?
  • Options
    Obviously it's not at Baker st, but am i right in saying that the Green Man near the ground has been given to us?
    Yes
  • Options
    Budweiser
    Sooner drink diet coke.....or rum and coke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to the Orient game yesterday. On level 5 there were stalls only selling Budweiser but there were also real ale outlets which understandably had much longer queues. Real ale was OK (didn't recognise the name) and 5.30 a pint. 

• Options
    rananegra said:
    Went to the Orient game yesterday. On level 5 there were stalls only selling Budweiser but there were also real ale outlets which understandably had much longer queues. Real ale was OK (didn't recognise the name) and 5.30 a pint. 

Pints or 500ml bottles of lager
  • Options
    Every pub is going to be rammed in and around Wembley, last time we went in 98 and Ebbsfleet in 2008, we found a nice little pub around the streets near Marylebone station and drank there. Left about 2 to get to the game.
  • Options
    Dishoom breakfast then some drinks in St Pancras/Granary Square I think

Lighterman would be a good one
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Dishoom breakfast then some drinks in St Pancras/Granary Square I think

Lighterman would be a good one
    Kings X area might be full of Sunderland there first train gets in at 11. I might go Oneils for breaky but be away before 10.30
  • Options
    Every pub is going to be rammed in and around Wembley, last time we went in 98 and Ebbsfleet in 2008, we found a nice little pub around the streets near Marylebone station and drank there. Left about 2 to get to the game.
    going to be doing the same myself. getting to Marylebone around half 10. go to the one near the station that opens early (i hope) then heading to another one after midday opening. theres two trains and hour from there to wembley stadium station. 
  • Options
    going to be doing the same myself. getting to Marylebone around half 10. go to the one near the station that opens early (i hope) then heading to another one after midday opening. theres two trains and hour from there to wembley stadium station. 
    That’s the problem with it being a Sunday.  The only one I’ve found near Waterloo (so far) that is open before 12 is the Firestation :-/
  • Options
    Jj moons kingsbury , one stop from Wembley park
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    That’s the problem with it being a Sunday.  The only one I’ve found near Waterloo (so far) that is open before 12 is the Firestation :-/
    it is a pain. i guess you could go to the chain pubs. like all bar one and slug and lettuce near the eye. or the small scotter cafe on lower marsh street could be selling beers. i know they do during the day but not sure about in the morning.