Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Wembley

Comments

• Options
    Was going to recommend The Thornbury Castle which is a short walk away from Marylebone, but it's shut at weekends!
  • Options
    i think if going wembley head straight there, imo getting to the green man after 12/12.30 you are at risk of not getting in and the last thing you want is to be traipsing around wembley looking for pubs 
  • Options
    redcarter said:
    Mate of mine reckons 'The Crock of Gold' outside Wembley Park tube is good
    Allocated to Sunderland 
    Cross that one off the list then !!!

are there any decent pubs near Marylebone station - I'm thinking about going overground rail from there to Wembley
    JJ Moons.....also as others have mentioned Green Man.
    JJ Moons & The Green Man are in Wembley.
  • Options
    Where will people be drinking after the game...I'd guess it depends on the result?
    Don’t know about you lot, but I’m off to the Windsor, Fenchurch Street, for an Elvis DJ night (no impersonators fyi) 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Where will people be drinking after the game...I'd guess it depends on the result?
    Don’t know about you lot, but I’m off to the Windsor, Fenchurch Street, for an Elvis DJ night (no impersonators fyi) 
    https://www.greatukpubs.co.uk/windsorfenchurchlondon

Looks like its shut, apologies if mentioned further up thread.

A little less conversatiion......
  • Options
    Anywhere around Charing X should have plenty of Charlton in them...if we win.
  • Options
    What's the Princess of Wales like these days...Villiers St.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    https://www.greatukpubs.co.uk/windsorfenchurchlondon

Looks like its shut, apologies if mentioned further up thread.

A little less conversatiion......
    Refurb currently, opening up for Sunday, hired privately 
  • Options
    The family Bowater and some other members of the West Stand Bovril Brigade are meeting in London Bridge (probs the Barrowboy and Banker (big fullers)) at 10/10:30 and grabbing pints/brekkie before heading to Wembley.
  • Options
    i think if going wembley head straight there, imo getting to the green man after 12/12.30 you are at risk of not getting in and the last thing you want is to be traipsing around wembley looking for pubs 
    Why do you think it'll be difficult to get in after that time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thames side inn is open at 11 Sunday 
  • Options
    So basically we know the Green Man will be packed, and also that Boxpark will be packed...........then going by this thread we seem to have people drinking in about 35 other pubs
  • Options
    Breakfast at roast in borough market and then the Warrington hotel in Maida Vale for me.
  • Options
    Breakfast at roast in borough market and then the Warrington hotel in Maida Vale for me.
    Thought about going Roast for breakfast, but it was terrible last time I went. Super slow service and very noisy.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Thought about going Roast for breakfast, but it was terrible last time I went. Super slow service and very noisy.
    The big borough breakfast will see me good till the post match kebab.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Not sure but think I might be barred from there after turning up at about 9pm on the Sat night of the SCP L1 Champion's Day, signed Charlton shirt 'n' all...
  • Options
    Four cans of lager in the queue to print my duplicate tickets, reasonable price but no toilet and you’re stood next to the same people for a while.
  • Options

They filmed bits of Minder and The Sweeney in there.

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Quality interior if I remember rightly....been a long time since I've been in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Quality interior if I remember rightly....been a long time since I've been in there.
    Still the same - the opulent Victorian interior is listed.  Owned by Gordon Ramsay, I think.
  • Options
    Lighterman Kings Cross
  • Options
    I know @Southendaddick mentioned it - but is anyone going here tomorrow morning? And does anyone know what time it will open?  

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/85689/a-pub-option-for-those-in-central-london-on-sunday
  • Options
    Proper Charlton go to the Railway Tavern in West Hampstead- choo choo!
  • Options
    Lighterman Kings Cross
    Is that the gaff on the canal? If so, a cracking place to have a drink.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Proper Charlton drink cans on the train.

• Options
    Grapes will be open at 10.30 @Chizz

Bacon rolls on arrival 

• Options
    Lighterman Kings Cross
    Is that the gaff on the canal? If so, a cracking place to have a drink.
    It is indeed
  • Options
    I rang the Metropolitan/Spoons at Baker Street this afternoon and the third person I was passed on to said that it had been designated for Sunderland supporters.

Assuming that’s right, I assume that we have The Globe across the road, which opens at 10am ?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Blucher said:
    I rang the Metropolitan/Spoons at Baker Street this afternoon and the third person I was passed on to said that it had been designated for Sunderland supporters.

Assuming that’s right, I assume that we have The Globe across the road, which opens at 10am ?
    This was my lots original plan, however one of mates has been told both Baker Street pubs are being given to Sunderland. 

We’re now heading to Spoons at Wembley Central instead.