Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What to do if your tickets don't arrive

Comments

• Options
    I don't understand why they can't just email the tickets and then scan them at the stadium - cinemas seem to manage it.
    Did this very thing when I went to watch FC Edmonton play their opening home game in the Canadian Premier League. A crowd of about 2,000 and a standard of football somewhere below National League standard.
    You wouldn't need to print - can be scanned from your phone.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    el-pietro said:
    I got the same email despite being outside the UK. They originally said all international fans tickets would be available at Wembley but now I'm a little bit concerned.
    Just a blanket e mail surely ?
    They are not going to be posting tickets to Australia and therefore surely not posting outside the UK, if they say they are not.
    Thats probably right and its definitely what I'm hoping but that 2pm limit is just a little bit worrying.
    The 2pm limit is crazy, as others have said it should be 5pm Saturday.

However, rightly or wrongly if I've been told that as I live outside the UK my tickets are to be collected at Wembley.

I would log in to my Charlton a/c and check the address held is abroad.

If it is I would get to Wembley as early as practical to collect my tickets, with proof of my address aboard as shown on the
    Charlton ticket system, together with my passport and proof of purchase.

I wouldn't be ringing the club.

I've had to collect tickets at box offices before, so I don't phone them to ask if I have to collect them, when I've been told I have to collect them.

I do of course understand the anxiety.
  • Options
    Bring back 98 
    Go down the valley and get the tickets might take 6 hours but you'd have a laugh and tickets in hand.

• Options
    el-pietro said:
    el-pietro said:
    I got the same email despite being outside the UK. They originally said all international fans tickets would be available at Wembley but now I'm a little bit concerned.
    They are not going to be posting tickets to Australia and therefore surely not posting outside the UK, if they say they are not.
    Thats probably right and its definitely what I'm hoping but that 2pm limit is just a little bit worrying.

However, rightly or wrongly if I've been told that as I live outside the UK my tickets are to be collected at Wembley.

If it is I would get to Wembley as early as practical to collect my tickets, with proof of my address aboard as shown on the

I've had to collect tickets at box offices before, so I don't phone them to ask if I have to collect them, when I've been told I have to collect them.

You're probably right - it'd be a hell of a lot more convenient to have a printed ticket in my hand though. I;d rather be getting to the ground around 1:30 than 11:30. The jet lag will be enough of a fight as it is.

First world problems I know. But its frustrating to find out today that print at home is an option - just don't know why the decision was made, presumably by the EFL, not to make that available form the start.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    el-pietro said:

You're probably right - it'd be a hell of a lot more convenient to have a printed ticket in my hand though. I;d rather be getting to the ground around 1:30 than 11:30. The jet lag will be enough of a fight as it is.

First world problems I know. But its frustrating to find out today that print at home is an option - just don't know why the decision was made, presumably by the EFL, not to make that available form the start.
    11.30 sounds great. I'll be in a Wembley pub before then :-)
  • Options
    Ordered Saturday arrived today!! 
  • Options
    The message from the club today is just an early attempt to look like this isn't a huge f##k up. I can see stress for thousands of fans and people still queuing to collect tickets at kick off.
    I brought tickets on Monday and fully expect to be at work on Friday with no clue as to whether my tickets arrived. I also expect to that the phone number to be too busy to get through. Then what?
    For Charlton to issue a statement like that they must know that there is a looming PR disaster and this is an attempt to explain that they tried to do what they could. Fact is that they know that thousands won't get their tickets I suspect.
  • Options
    fattmatt said:
    The message from the club today is just an early attempt to look like this isn't a huge f##k up. I can see stress for thousands of fans and people still queuing to collect tickets at kick off.
    I brought tickets on Monday and fully expect to be at work on Friday with no clue as to whether my tickets arrived. I also expect to that the phone number to be too busy to get through. Then what?
    For Charlton to issue a statement like that they must know that there is a looming PR disaster and this is an attempt to explain that they tried to do what they could. Fact is that they know that thousands won't get their tickets I suspect.
    Praps.
  • Options
    fattmatt said:
    With you all the way mate as this has got disaster written all over it.

I'm not clear if the ticket office or a third party is sending out the tickets. Either way they have about 15 - 20,000 letters to send out in a few days. The chances of them all arriving in time is negligible. It's just a question of how many people are going to be disappointed.

Why on earth we couldn't just print at home is beyond me.

Does anyone know if the batch of tickets which were ordered on Monday - which was probably the biggest sale date - have even been sent out yet? If so, and they don't arrive tomorrow, how will I know if they have arrived by 2pm on Friday as I, and everyone in my house, will be out at work on Friday.

What on earth are thousands of people who will probably find themselves in a similar situation going to do? All phone this number saying their tickets haven't arrived? It will be chaos. How on earth will the line cope with this number of callers?

Incidentally, are all the tickets that are on sale today going to be posted out? Good luck to the buyers with that in getting their tickets.

The club has got to do better than this "phone by 2pm" lark. And if someone in some authority is reading this thread, then please put some other arrangements in place to help out those whose tickets don't arrive.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The tickets are in an envelope with an Exeter, Devon PO Box return address.
  • Options
    Surely the email ‘print at home’ option would’ve been simplest from day 1?
    It would for many, but how many fans don't have an e mail address ?
    How many fans don't have a printer ?
    How many fans are angry if they have to use their printer ink ?
    I think that would have caused more problems.

All they need is to have enough people answering the phones, which I have to say is doubtful on the service so far.
    Don't want to be a pain but that is why it's an "option". 

If you like waiting for Mr Postman, don't own a printer/computer/email address and/or can handle the risk that the tickets will be nicked or lost en route thene you probably won't choose that option.

Sorry, just a bit on edge with no tickets and no payment taken from my account close of business Wednesday and the final on Sunday.  Our postman used to be Charlton funny enough.
    Are your tickets going to a UK address by post or to be collected at Wembley as address is outside the UK ?

Thanks for asking. Its a UK address. Hence the Mr Postman comment.

Just worry how 34,000 stamps can be stuck on envelopes in order to arrive for Friday morning across the UK when some fans have only just purchased. Or indeed, why anyone thought that was a good plan.

Hopefully, worrying about nothing.
  • Options

All they need is to have enough people answering the phones, which I have to say is doubtful on the service so far.

If you like waiting for Mr Postman, don't own a printer/computer/email address and/or can handle the risk that the tickets will be nicked or lost en route thene you probably won't choose that option.

Sorry, just a bit on edge with no tickets and no payment taken from my account close of business Wednesday and the final on Sunday.  Our postman used to be Charlton funny enough.
    Are your tickets going to a UK address by post or to be collected at Wembley as address is outside the UK ?

Just worry how 34,000 stamps can be stuck on envelopes in order to arrive for Friday morning across the UK when some fans have only just purchased. Or indeed, why anyone thought that was a good plan.

I hope we are all worrying about nothing. But the logistics of this are huge and I just can't see how it can go without a hitch. Hence the need for a good back-up plan for those it goes wrong for.
  • Options

Relax the days of licking and sticking stamps in a post room are long gone its all about franking machines or pre paid envelopes these days  ;)
  • Options
    I would have been happy to print off my own tickets rather then deal with this nonsense, I hope the phone lines have improved as unless most of us get them tomorrow it will be crazy.

I thought the stress was over when I purchased my tickets on Monday.
  • Options
    So what do you do if your ticket doesn't arrive before Sunday? Can you go to Wembley and show your email confirmation and get your ticket?
  • Options

Envelopes are prepaid 1st class, no stamps required. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Most of them will arrive - the few that don't have a way around it thanks to print at home. I do agree - the helpline has to be extended beyond 2pm though. You can't have people who have not received their tickets missing the boat because they can't get through. 
  • Options
    Rather than have to ring - why not ask fans who have not received their tickets to e-mail their confirmation e-mails to a specific mailbox. All the details are on them so should make it less time consuming for staff too. And nobody will miss out!
  • Options
    Rather than have to ring - why not ask fans who have not received their tickets to e-mail their confirmation e-mails to a specific mailbox. All the details are on them so should make it less time consuming for staff too. And nobody will miss out!
    What a blooming sensible suggestion. That ensures it won't be taken up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I managed to source two tickets through Club Wembley for a Derby friend of mine for their playoff final, the tickets are sent in a PDF. I'm surprised that it's not the same here. 
  • Options
    As I mentioned on another thread...
    My ticket hasn’t arrived and I’m leaving for London first thing tomorrow. Been on the phone using the number shown above and after a 45 minute hold was told to email tickets@cafc.co.uk to explain and ask for a duplicate ticket for collection at Wembley. I’ve done that and received a reply saying that my mail would receive a response within 48 hours.

• Options
    Glovepup said:
    I managed to source two tickets through Club Wembley for a Derby friend of mine for their playoff final, the tickets are sent in a PDF. I'm surprised that it's not the same here. 
    Pretty disorganised fashion?
  • Options
    I’ve received my tickets ordered on Saturday but not Mondays ones yet ....
    has anyone received their Sunday ones ?
    if anyone ordered on Saturday (living in this country) and hasn’t received them either I’d be surprised
  • Options
    Basically, the tickets bought Monday will arrive Friday or Saturday. What an absolute joke!

No time to sort out any issues
  • Options
    I’ve received my tickets ordered on Saturday but not Mondays ones yet ....
    has anyone received their Sunday ones ?
    if anyone ordered on Saturday (living in this country) and hasn’t received them either I’d be surprised
    All tickets ordered over the weekend should have been sent out on Monday, quite clearly this has not happened.

Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    Ordered in two batches Monday morning and they arrived yesterday via post. Ordered more at 5 yesterday these are pick up Wembley box office.
  • Options
    The tickets are in an envelope with an Exeter, Devon PO Box return address.
    The return address is the offices of https://www.ticketzone.co.uk/ so this must be the company handling the clubs ticketing for Wembley.
  • Options
    Our post down here is a tad erratic...sometimes doesn't turn up till after 2pm if those tickets don't come today I think I'll hit the phone line tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Basically, the tickets bought Monday will arrive Friday or Saturday. What an absolute joke!

No time to sort out any issues
    If that is the case, and the club can issue print at home - they have to put in a system that is a bit better than the call before 2pm on Friday one. Sounds like they need to draft in staff on a Saturday and my earlier suggestion makes sense - get people to e-mail their confirmations with membership numbers and make sure every e-mail is resolved.