Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Am I the only one on here who finds it strange that grown men want to wear replica football (or even cricket) shirts? It's even worse when you see them somewhere away from a football game, e.g. on a beach, or Oxford Street.

I know I will be in a very small minority but please someone on here tell me I am not the only one.
  • Options
    Am I the only one on here who finds it strange that grown men want to wear replica football (or even cricket) shirts? It's even worse when you see them somewhere away from a football game, e.g. on a beach, or Oxford Street.

I know I will be in a very small minority but please someone on here tell me I am not the only one.
    I wear mine in the hope that Bowyer will have a squad dilemma and be desperate to pick anyone from the stands to play (Yup we're getting closer and closer to that day being reality) - The day he points at the East Stand exclaiming: "That tall lanky shit looks like he could do a job for us" is the day you'll really wish that you too purchased a replica shirt
    Oh well, if folks are buying them in the hope they might get signed up by Bowyer then I understand completely  :)
  • Options
    I don’t like it on first online look. Looks a bit cheap. Always prefer a collar on the shirt and the sponsor logo doesn’t go well with it. Give two washes before those letters start peeling.

my least favourite Hummel effort so far
    Letters peeling.... a very good nod to the OSCA kit then!
  • Options
    Its decent, prefer the two previous efforts from Hummel however. Still better than anything Nike would've given us. 

Would've bought any of the Hummel kits had RD not been here. Looking forward to the away offering. 
  • Options

Why though?
  • Options
    Farking pin stripes?! I guess that's what happens when kit design is left to 'fan feedback'.....
  • Options

No you’re not, I don’t get it either.

I’ve never liked that tribal thang.
  • Options
    Out of interest do the players have a say on the kit?
  • Options
    Dont like the pin stripes, reminds me of an old Forest kit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I buy them and I play in them as well as attending games in them.

Wouldn't wear one out casually though.. that's a bit too cringe.
  • Options
    Is that stripe around the end of the sleeve both black and white? I like that.
  • Options
    did the original eighties one have like a white/grey stubble all over it that you could pull and and reduce the kit in size , like pulling a thread on a jumper and watching it unravel 

or have I reached Roland’s level of wibbleness and just need to place a couple of pencils up my nose to complete the look
  • Options
    Seriously?
  • Options
    Seriously?
    Point being, did they really approve it!
  • Options
    Some strange people use this forum
    See above.
  • Options
    Seriously?
    Point being, did they really approve it!
    Yeah course, and they also get a say on catering options including the Vegan options. 

And one of Lockyer’s first jobs was to access the pot holes in the car park. Williams is upset he wasn’t asked - this is why he hasn’t decided if he wants to sign up again.
  • Options
    Not such a stupid question.
    Sure I read somewhere that Neville Southall had the yellow(?) Everton keeper kit changed to black as he thought he was too visible to strikers in yellow. Black meant he blended in to crowd a bit more.
  • Options
    Having designed a few playing shirts (not football related by the way), I was happy to allow player's input into the comfort/fabric used, but it was a no-no where the actual design was concerned.
    If they had input into the design, then half would have liked the finished garment, and half would have hated it.
    With no player input, they all would have hated it - which helped with the unity in the dressing room!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm really hoping for Huddersfield's sake this is a joke... surely it can't be real (PaddyPower are known for their publicity stunts).
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    It's on their official site.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    For those complaining that the sponsor doesn't look great on the new shirt (whilst being a great cause), remember the grass isn't always greener....
    Pretty sure there are size restrictions on sponsor logos so considering the company it’s got to be a wind up.
    That's what I was thinking. 

Typical Paddy Power, everyone retweets this giving them lots of publicity...then the real shirt is unveiled!
  • Options
    Not such a stupid question.
    Sure I read somewhere that Neville Southall had the yellow(?) Everton keeper kit changed to black as he thought he was too visible to strikers in yellow. Black meant he blended in to crowd a bit more.
    yeah that and the fact yellow put 3 stone on him just standing there trying to breath in.
  • Options
    I'll be amazed if it isn't a wind up. 
  • Options
    For those complaining that the sponsor doesn't look great on the new shirt (whilst being a great cause), remember the grass isn't always greener....
    That's horrible!! Poor Huddersfield fans!