Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Not taking penalties either.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    When I first saw the lad, I thought he was a buy for next season. I wasn't sure why we paid the money given our small budget. Just shows how spot on our recruitment is. Roland really should be busting a gut to get our management team signed up beyond this season. Maybe he is, but I doubt it and he really needs to. Surely even a prat like Driesen would be advising him to do that!
  • Options
    Looks like he has lost a bit of weight (around the face) already.
  • Options
    He's hungry to make it. I mentioned previously Ian Wright who trod a similar path but, there again, so did the likes of Jamie Vardy and Cyrille Regis.

All hungry to prove those that wrote them off wrong. And that hunger never wains with such characters because they love the game itself whereas many of those that come through the academy system believe they've made it way before they actually do. And very often never do because they are so comfortable with the trappings of their so called "success".
    It's not just Bonne though. The hunger we've got throughout the team is amazing. 
  • Options
    He's hungry to make it. I mentioned previously Ian Wright who trod a similar path but, there again, so did the likes of Jamie Vardy and Cyrille Regis.

All hungry to prove those that wrote them off wrong. And that hunger never wains with such characters because they love the game itself whereas many of those that come through the academy system believe they've made it way before they actually do. And very often never do because they are so comfortable with the trappings of their so called "success".
    It's not just Bonne though. The hunger we've got throughout the team is amazing. 
    Maybe we should chip in so they can get a Maccy D's on the way home from the next away game

Might be best if Bowyer waits on the Coach ;)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    200k bargain.

Steve Gallen strikes again.
    So now he’s playing well he’s a Gallen signing.

Wasn’t long ago Redhenry said he heard Bonne wasn’t a Gallen signing. Others then said they felt that was the case.
    Didn't Gallen say he'd been to watch Bonne numerous times?
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d08d29ceed8a/gallen-on-summer-transfer-plans-and-the-signing-of-macauley-bonne

"Yeah, it’s strange, he doesn’t know me, but I’ve been sitting in the stands watching him. I try to get along to as many clubs in the south east as much as I can, so I’ve been watching him at Colchester and when I had my role at QPR he was playing against our U18s quite a lot."
  • Options
    @RedHenry might confirm otherwise but wonder if signings are usually approved between Gallen / Bowyer

In this instance its maybe been someone like Driesen who has demanded that we sign him

Gallen has then done his due dilligence on the player and approved it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    200k bargain.

Wasn’t long ago Redhenry said he heard Bonne wasn’t a Gallen signing. Others then said they felt that was the case.
    Didn't Gallen say he'd been to watch Bonne numerous times?
    Yeah he did.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    200k bargain.

To be honest i'd always thought he was a Gallen signing. Didn't Bowyer say that Gallen had scouted him for 2 years?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Bowyer also said pre-season that Bonne was a 'project' - and wasn't expecting him to be ready to play regularly for the 1st team this season.

And he's scored goals in a variety of ways, showing a good poacher's instinct.
    5 goals in 6 games says it all.

Bonne has really grabbed his chance.

No question, we have been told Gallen has been watching Bonne for two years. Also great management for Bowyer to say that, takes all the pressure off the player. The management must be delighted with him.
  • Options
    Most of the summer signings have been spot on; jury out on Aneke and Hemed but everyone else has been superb. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Bonne and Taylor could potentially be a very good partnership, hard working and both appear to know where the goal is. 
  • Options
    Bonne and Taylor could potentially be a very good partnership, hard working and both appear to know where the goal is. 
    Let’s be honest, Lyle could play with both Parker and Igor so he’ll be champing at the bit to play with someone that can both link the play and score a goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not only scored 5 in 6 but those 5 have been against Leeds, Bristol city, Fulham, Derby and West Brom; a genuinely incredible start.
    It's amazing that he's one of the hottest strikers in the division at the moment. We'd be struggling a bit without his goals
  • Options
    He is becoming a very very special player!!! 👌
  • Options
    Just found out i am meant to be in Lusaka on business when Zimbabwe play Zambia in WC qualifiers in November.
    I wonder.
  • Options
    Sunderland spent what £4m on Grigg and it's taken him 34 league games to get his first 5 goals
    Excellent point. In League 1 too.
  • Options
    Just found out i am meant to be in Lusaka on business when Zimbabwe play Zambia in WC qualifiers in November.
    I wonder.
    The Victoria Falls Derby ....
  • Options
    I wonder.
    The Victoria Falls Derby ....
    Yep, however the business trip is to Lusaka and then Ndola in the Copper Belt in the North, so Vic falls unfortunately isnt on the itinerary. I would love to go there, so might see if i can get a stopover on my way back to Joburg.