Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    With regard to bonne - look at Pepe at Arsenal he will come good, just needs time 
  • Options
    Bonne could be a Chris Dickson. Or he could be an Ian Wright (scored 19 goals in his first 80 games when Palace were in the 2nd tier).

Time will tell but Steve Coppell who brought Wright in from non league has always emphasised how raw he was and how long it took to get rid of bad habits.  
     And we've seen Bonne has the will to learn.
  • Options
    Worth remembering that Bonne isn't someone who came up though "parks" and Sunday football into non league. He was in decent academies when he was young (Ipswich and Norwich) and played in L1 for Colchester

If anything he's more like a Joe Pigott, someone who found success when dropping into the National League, and earned a move back up the leagues

The big question is whether he's good enough for the Championship, and only time will tell.
  • Options
    A baby Lyle Taylor. Watch this space.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems like I’m in a bit of a minority but I really like him, fits the mould of being a very good striker with his build and given game time think he’ll be very useful. 
    Glad to have a bit of verification today, give him time and he’ll be even better.
  • Options
    I wasn't sure about Bonne but he did very well today. His hold up play today  was much better and he is very good in the air. He is also a player that gives 100 per cent which is all you can ask.

• Options
    Very intelligent movement for his goal.
  • Options
    Well pleased for him.
  • Options
    Made me laugh when CL members said he's not good enough after just  2 starts in League after the Swansea match.
    He did well coming on at Wigan and good home League debut against Leeds considering we hardly had the ball.
    One indifferent game against Swansea and he's no good.
    Made 1 and scored 1 today.

Of course he is a work in progress but I thought after his first game against Forest Green with some decent service he had a chance as his movement would keep improving and playing with the 1st team would help his timing.

I know many of you love the non scoring type of strikers like Magennis and Parker.
    You must be Joshing.

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Bonne could be a Chris Dickson. Or he could be an Ian Wright (scored 19 goals in his first 80 games when Palace were in the 2nd tier).

Time will tell but Steve Coppell who brought Wright in from non league has always emphasised how raw he was and how long it took to get rid of bad habits.  
    Remember seeing Ian Wright a couple of times after he'd first joined Palace and he was like a Sunday morning forward...with pace. He was all enthusiasm and energy but a 100% headless chicken and didn't fit into any sort of team pattern. But good coaching and no doubt a bucket load of desire, application, bloody mindedness, patience etc and Wright turned into the sort of striker we can only dream of having at Charlton. 

Bonne hasn't necessarily been recruited just for this campaign. It could be that, like Chuks, he might be good to have IF we get relegated. 

Overall,I'm happy with Bonne. He's already made a big contribution to a vital 3 points and has shown that he's got heart.....something which is our bed-rock. It's very early days yet to write him off. 
    On the money we had available to spend, 200k for a geezer from division 5 was a brave decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was poor very poor we are playing him way before we intended too 
    @nth london addick honest question - what do you think about Bonne now?
  • Options
    We are yet to present him with a decent chance to score with his feet.
  • Options
    One of the most raw players I’ve seen in a charlton shirt, especially at this level. He wins a lot in the air but he needs to be more intelligent with his hold up play. Taylor isn’t a unit but he’s clever the way he uses his body. But, the kids scored against Leeds and Fulham in the championship. There is plenty of potential there and I think he could become a very shrewd buy.
  • Options
    Mmmmh Trevor Kandel and our European loan network portrayed rawness!! 
  • Options
    Nowhere near as raw as someone like Chris Dickson was but definitely still needs polishing. His technique may not be up there with some of his teammates yet but he’s competing physically better than I expected, although he isn’t as rapid as I had hoped either. He’s more like a Taylor type but isn’t as streetwise and doesn’t have Taylor’s invention. 

Won’t be keeping Taylor out of the team just yet but is working his nuts off and scoring goals in the meantime. Might make it yet if he listens to Bowyer and Jacko and keeps working like he has been.  
  • Options
    Bonne and Taylor up top will happen eventually.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Will be excited when it happens... those two could create hell for defences

Especially when challenging in the air
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Will be excited when it happens... those two could create hell for defences

Especially when challenging in the air
    Aneke playing just behind them too if we decided to play longer, could be a beastly front 3