Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BREAKING NEWS - ROLAND AND BOWYER FAIL TO REACH CONTRACT AGREEMENT

Comments

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Imagine this Statement was an attempt from Roland to get a reaction from Lee where he accepts what he's given to prove him wrong
    Sounds a real possibility. Good luck intimidating Lee Bowyer though.
  • Options
    I think that this deplorable and hugely disrespectful statement from Duchatelet is all about him showing what a big man he is.

He has come out with a lot of garbage in the last five years, but his latest effort takes the biscuit and plumbs new depths of ineptitude. The guy clearly lacks any self-control and must genuinely get off on foisting despair on Charlton supporters.

Unless a takeover is imminent - which I am quite sure it is not - I’m afraid that we’ve reached the end of the road with Lee Bowyer, who - to adopt Duchatelet’s own words - has done “a magnificent job”.

Incidentally, if - as someone suggested on CL - Lee was on £100K last season, then Duchatelet’s one year offer of “approximately three times that” was doubtless under £300k. Hardly approaching market rate, is it ?

Concerted and sustained protests against Duchatelet will now doubtless follow, especially on his home turf.
  • Options
    Has the statement been taken down of the website? 
    Probably because it was explained to Roland that he behaves like someone with a death wish.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Imagine this Statement was an attempt from Roland to get a reaction from Lee where he accepts what he's given to prove him wrong
    Hmm not sure... As Muttley says; Bowyer's had a real sense of loyalty to the club since returning

Wonder if Roland is good at reading people (We've seen how he's got Jim White eating out of his hand) and has sensed that in Lee so knows he can push him like he's done today
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    se9addick said:
    If  the agent helps make the manager more money, it may result in the manager to have a more positive attitude towards players proposed by the same agent, a conflict of interest. Obviously, Lee is above such things, but it is nevertheless not a healthy situation. “

Regardless of the last sentence, this is an absolutely outrageous thing to say, can’t believe more haven’t picked up on these words.
    Is it any healthier than some geeky virgin selecting players in his wank stained pajamas?
    Uh, no, not sure I said it was...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    That Will Relf seems a bit of a prat Canters. Surprised you are quoting him ;)
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Hmm not sure... As Muttley says; Bowyer's had a real sense of loyalty to the club since returning

Wonder if Roland is good at reading people (We've seen how he's got Jim White eating out of his hand) and has sensed that in Lee so knows he can push him like he's done today
    I've obviously never met him, but looking from afar my impression of Roland is about as much people skills as Theresa May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where's that Grade A tosser Rubbershoes when you need him?

Probably jerking himself off under a photograph of Roland B)
  • Options
    Really gutted about this. Lee Bowyer has been the best manager
    since Curbishley without doubt. Who else would have been able
    to get class players like Bielik, Cullen, Jonny Williams and Lyle Taylor
    to sign for us?
    Thankyou Lee for bringing back the old Charlton support for the
    playoff semi, the final and loads of away games.
    Choked as was going to get a new season after an absence since
    after Chris Powell left.
    I have looked up Mehmet Dalman on the internet and it 
    says he owns Charlton. Also Daily Mail reported Lee had
    signed a new contract. So is this all fake news.
    Can Duchatelet seriously think a sale is near completion?
    If so surely a new owner would not get rid of Lee after all
    that he has achieved in his time in charge.
    If this is true about Lee leaving I hope Jacko and Jason Euell back him
    up and resign. Complete shambles. After such Euphoria at Wembley
    this is a body blow!

• Options
    Where's that Grade A tosser Rubbershoes when you need him?

Probably jerking himself off under a photograph of Roland B)
    Hiding under the stairs with Burger Boy. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    I seriously wonder whether Roland is in the early stages of some form of dementia having had the misfortune of witnessing it in my own family.

His behaviour is irrational beyond belief.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Bowyer does go,Taylor will follow,no hope of keeping Baur,last years loan signings of which there was a possibility of keeping will not return,so rather than strengthen the team for the championship,it will be weaker,how can this situation possibly convince anyone to buy the club.I do try to see all points of view but this has got me completely and utterly confused.I have always been against boycotting,and as usual bought my season ticket early,for the first time ever,I am having regrets,I feel my loyalty has been thrown back at me,and i have had the piss taken out of me.
  • Options
    Friend of mine texted me who has some links on the club. (Same on I mentioned last week) 

Said they had progressed well last week and both were positive but this statement was completely unexpected. LB wasn’t told it was going to be released and found out via text message it was up - (From a friend) LB apparently raging. 

LB was offered around 4K a week and wanted more (Rightly so)

Again, mini disclaimer I don’t claim to be “ITK” but friend of mine inside the club and well linked. These are the only snippets I get so I pass on.

Seems about right. Matt Hughes of The Times tweeted that Bowyer was offered £200k a year but turned it down. He also adds that Lampard is earning over £2 mill a year at Derby.  Derby also keen in talking to Bowyer if Lampard leaves.
  • Options
    I still can't get over this. The man is a loon. Like others have said, we've gone from ecstasy to despair in a matter of 3 weeks. 

The club is gone with Roland in charge. Completely gone. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Seriously, why is anyone surprised at this? Where have you been these past few years?

The club has been a total shit fest for years. And that's all down to one man.

Wembley was great,  but that was despite everything, not because of it. 3 weeks later and reality seems to be crashing down aroj d the ears for some. I mean, how many more "final straws" do people need?
    I would say it's more incredulity mixed with anger, than outright surprise. We all knew this was a possibility, doesn't mean everyone should just shrug their shoulders about it.
    Who's shrugging their shoulders?

Are you boycotting then?
  • Options
    Friend of mine texted me who has some links on the club. (Same on I mentioned last week) 

Said they had progressed well last week and both were positive but this statement was completely unexpected. LB wasn’t told it was going to be released and found out via text message it was up - (From a friend) LB apparently raging. 

LB was offered around 4K a week and wanted more (Rightly so)

Again, mini disclaimer I don’t claim to be “ITK” but friend of mine inside the club and well linked. These are the only snippets I get so I pass on.

Seems about right. Matt Hughes of The Times tweeted that Bowyer was offered £200k a year but turned it down. He also adds that Lampard is earning over £2 mill a year at Derby.  Derby also keen in talking to Bowyer if Lampard leaves.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Following <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cafc?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#cafc</a>&#39;s extraordinary statement regarding <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bowyer?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Bowyer</a> told the club offered him a one-year contract worth just over £200,000. For context of Championship managerial pay Frank Lampard earns around £2m at Derby, who would speak to Bowyer if Lampard joins Chelsea.</p>&mdash; Matt Hughes (@MattHughesTimes) <a href="">17 June 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Options
    How the feck is Rubbershoes still in employment
  • Options
    What the hell have we done to deserve this owner, thank you Richard Murray.
  • Options
    Obviously not defending the ridiculous offer to Bowyer, but i'm pretty sure Lampard is the exception not the norm for championship managerial pay.

What do the likes of Brentford, QPR and Millwall pay?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!