Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BREAKING NEWS - ROLAND AND BOWYER FAIL TO REACH CONTRACT AGREEMENT

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    5Live just put Bowyer in the frame for the Derby job as ‘by all accounts he left Charlton this morning’. 
    He hasn’t though. 
    Statements like that piss me off. It’s not the full picture at all and just dismissed as a run of the mill managerial change. 
  • Options
    I just can’t see how bowyer can work for him after that statement 
    This is the key thing. 

If it’s a short term deal, it means he is close to going.
  • Options
    I honestly think Roland thought that implying Bowyer's greed would mitigate the reaction. He is opening a very dangerous box for a few hundred grand - and he will lose far more than that as a result of this unless somebody close to him slaps him in the face and gets him to come to his senses before tomorrow.

Despite the insult of that statement, if Roland gave Bowyer a fair offer, I think he would stay for us. But it has to be a fair offer. What the bloke did was a miracle FFS!
  • Options
    RD is utterly deranged - there is no other explanation. How can you deal with this arrogant turd?
  • Options

If true, I suspect something will be done. Bowyer to sign a slightly improved deal, to be the bigger man, fans behind him even more, and a foot in the door when new owners come on board. Lee's agent I would hope will mainly focus on negotiating a suitable break clause, e.g. allowing Bowyer to leave if an alternative offer comes in, club not sold, etc. Pushing for a market rate salary with the current owner is a non starter. Buying time until there's a new owner / offer elsewhere does seem achievable.
    Would that be being the bigger man, or just an admiral that Duchâtelet has ‘won’... 
    duchatelet has been clear in that he won’t offer more than he wants to pay so the only person likely to be coming down is bowyer 
  • Options

How i read this……

First the statement put up on club o/s......not seen anything like it before.

No one can understand WHY Roland has done what he has done to this club since he became owner in JAN 2014.

If players start to leave Charlton Athletic in the next few weeks with Roland still owner of this club it can only spiral downwards.

My hope is that this is under instructions from NEW OWNERS OF CLUB but i would not count on that.

Bowyer and his management team have work wonders on this club since taking over in march 2018.

All deserve better treatment than what has been given.

Roland just sell the club...…..not the management and the players down the river.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope Lee landed one on the deranged old fucker when he walked out on his foul presence!
  • Options
    If Bowyer ends up signing tomorrow, it has to only be because he knows Roland will be off soon. Maybe Lee would rather take the temporary low wages and stay at the club he truly has a passion for than walk away, knowing a new owner would give would be more likely to give him a pay raise. Given the statement today, he'd be a bigger man than I if he legitimately works something out in the morning. I'm quite confused by everything today and agree there is something mentally wrong with Roland to make a statement like that. Bowyer may yet outsmart him. Let's see
  • Options
    RD doesn't need LB as RD couldn't care-a-less about CAFC in the long run, he just wants to sell the club for his price and what happens on the field in the meantime is immaterial to him.
    How much LB wants CAFC we don't know and that will be the crux of the continuing negotiations this week. I guess RD is also talking to interested parties to buy the club as now is the optimum time to sell, that will diminish as the new season progresses and the team start failing due to a lack of current investment by the owner.
    As supporters all we can do is put pressure on RD, but I know not how, and show any prospective owner that we support the team not the regime.
  • Options
    If Lee stays working on peanuts and then the new owners decide to replace him I’ll be fuming.

we could get 0 point and lose 6-0 every week, Bowyer has earned a long contract regardless.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Rossman92 said:
    If Bowyer ends up signing tomorrow, it has to only be because he knows Roland will be off soon. Maybe Lee would rather take the temporary low wages and stay at the club he truly has a passion for than walk away, knowing a new owner would give would be more likely to give him a pay raise. Given the statement today, he'd be a bigger man than I if he legitimately works something out in the morning. I'm quite confused by everything today and agree there is something mentally wrong with Roland to make a statement like that. Bowyer may yet outsmart him. Let's see
    I bloody hope you’re right. Has the prospective new owner said: ‘Take RD’s deal while I sort buying the club, then I’ll give you a new contract in a week or so.’? Or am i dreaming @Airman Brown ?
  • Options
    Lee deserves a decent job, salary and owner.
  • Options
    Bollox! What a day.
    That statement on our official site is not just embarrassing it is confusing. He must of been drunk,angry or both when writing that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My daughter is absolutely distraught after I’ve just come in and told her what’s happened 
  • Options
    I just can’t see how bowyer can work for him after that statement 
    Exactly.  RD has made it impossible for him to stay and retain his credibility.  And I'm thinking that was intentional.  
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    I bloody hope you’re right. Has the prospective new owner said: ‘Take RD’s deal while I sort buying the club, then I’ll give you a new contract in a week or so.’? Or am i dreaming @Airman Brown ?

The more likely thing is Lee walks in and gives Roland the ol' Kieron Dyer
  • Options
     Roland the Generous  is paying for a tuk tuk  to pick up Lee and take him to Belgium tomorrow. He should be there by Friday 
  • Options
    We could always try this, although section 1 part 2 is a worry!

https://www.wikihow.com/Put-a-Curse-on-Someone
  • Options
    Anger and disappointment at this news of course. The manner in which it has been done though has left me stunned. We all know RD’s approach to things is not normal but for an owner to do this is staggering. Totally unnecessary and totally classless. 

I’m desperate for Bowyer the be here next season. My hope, like others have mentioned, is that Bowyer gets an offer more deserving of his tenure so far and then renegotiates once the sale goes through.
  • Options
    Anger and disappointment at this news of course. The manner in which it has been done though has left me stunned. We all know RD’s approach to things is not normal but for an owner to do this is staggering. Totally unnecessary and totally classless. 

I’m desperate for Bowyer the be here next season. My hope, like others have mentioned, is that Bowyer gets an offer more deserving of his tenure so far and then renegotiates once the sale goes through.
    I think Lee has to go after the way he has been treated - he deserves better.
  • Options
    I don’t doubt Rich Cawley is well intentioned but you have to question his contacts as on Friday he told us talks are progressing well and then today we get another Roland rant. What would we have got if talks were progressing badly I wonder. Now Cawley says Bowyer and Roland are going to talk tomorrow. I’m taking that with a very large pinch of salt.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!