Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BREAKING NEWS - ROLAND AND BOWYER FAIL TO REACH CONTRACT AGREEMENT

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Imagine it will be pretty explosive tomorrow 
    Probably recorded already (no right of reply or phone-line questions). A three minute review of what his statement said and several questions from Jim White seeking confirmation or clarification and "thanks Roland for coming on and being so forthright etc." 
    According to Rich Cawley LB and RD are talking tomorrow morning, so you’d hope they’d do that before the Talksport spot. Something recorded today might be out of date in that case. 
     I suspect Bowyers phone conversation will be a short one.
  • Options
    Sky Sports have been running the same report since the statement was published.... SLP plus one other are the only sites that have mentioned the 'talks' tomorrow morning... not convinced the talks will be about a contract though
    Taking it as though the SLP are the only ones doing some proper research - SKY etc. just seem to be taking the statement as your typical Football gospel without thinking about who has written it

Wasnt it mentioned that Bowyer speaks directly with the likes of Rich Cawley which is why the latter is able to get such quick information
    Spot on.... most just re-report other threads. Struggling to see how any progress can be made after today though... 
  • Options
    Time to dust this off again, brought up to date after today’s events:

He couldn’t see what was wrong about buying the club without doing due diligence.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with his player network idea.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with sending players that the manager didn’t want.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with appointing a naive and inexperienced CEO.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with emailing team and tactics suggestions to the manager.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with getting rid of Kermogant and Morrison.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with sacking manager after manager after manager.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with appointing a manager who didn’t have a work permit.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with appointing Karel Fraeye.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with letting Tommy D scout for players and choose transfer targets.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with selling Poyet/Gomez/Cousins/Konsa/Lookman/Grant

He couldn’t see what was wrong with not appointing another CEO

He couldn’t see what was wrong with asking the EFL to buy the club

He couldn’t see what was wrong with calling the fans terrorists.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with not giving a new contract to Lee Bowyer et al before the end of the season.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with posting on the OS about the LB contract situation.

He just doesn’t see what’s wrong with any of it.

And therein lies the problem.

Great list but you forgot - He couldn't see what was wrong with offering Aribo a contract on reduced terms,
  • Options
    Time to dust this off again, brought up to date after today’s events:

He couldn’t see what was wrong about buying the club without doing due diligence.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with his player network idea.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with sending players that the manager didn’t want.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with appointing a naive and inexperienced CEO.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with emailing team and tactics suggestions to the manager.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with getting rid of Kermogant and Morrison.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with sacking manager after manager after manager.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with appointing a manager who didn’t have a work permit.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with appointing Karel Fraeye.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with letting Tommy D scout for players and choose transfer targets.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with selling Poyet/Gomez/Cousins/Konsa/Lookman/Grant

He couldn’t see what was wrong with not appointing another CEO

He couldn’t see what was wrong with asking the EFL to buy the club

He couldn’t see what was wrong with calling the fans terrorists.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with not giving a new contract to Lee Bowyer et al before the end of the season.

He couldn’t see what was wrong with posting on the OS about the LB contract situation.

He just doesn’t see what’s wrong with any of it.

And therein lies the problem.

I think Roland should have gone to SpecSavers then. We'd have been spared the blind badger's actions much sooner.
  • Options
    Suspect it’s heart over head but I still believe Bow will be our manager next season. 
    Then you are all heart then @AFKABartram

• Options
    Suspect it’s heart over head but I still believe Bow will be our manager next season. 
    And let's pray that RD will not be the owner.

• Options
        That's that then!
  • Options
    Interview with Jim White will have nothing to do with Bowyer and will be based entirely on to the FFP agenda that he has. Complete waste of time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Suspect Bowyer is a pawn in the takeover. RDs efforts to get a deal over the line before he joins Derby.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Heard better news on the way re title of thread
    Do share 
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    Remember when Roland first appointed Bowyer as manager it wasn't because he believed that Bowyer would be any good,  but because at that time Bowyer was cheap.I suspect that Bowyer's success has become bitvof an irritant to Roland. Remember he heaped more praise on the Sheffield United manager at the end of the season than he did on Lee Bowyer.
    I wonder if Wilder discussed the Charlton job including his agent?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Do share 
    Pretty please...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
     Roland the Generous  is paying for a tuk tuk  to pick up Lee and take him to Belgium tomorrow. He should be there by Friday 
    Larkfield coach
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    sammy391 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Do share 
    Don't shoot the messenger but now staying
    God I hope you're right 🙏🏻
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Feels like rd is trying to force the buyers or ex directors hands - pay up / agree to a 'headshave' before the manager and players join other clubs. Could also be clearing the decks for dalman and warnock. Alternatively could just be rd continuing to act like a man with no interest in football just following some financial principles that just don't work in football. 
    Or acting like a man who has lost his marbles? It does happen, even to millionaires.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Then you are all heart then @AFKABartram

LB desperately wants to stay, that's obvious. He sees the job as being half done....and i quote 'this thing is unique, and we're gonna go on a journey', well he got that right. We're all still hopeful.... 
  • Options
    I've no idea what's going on, but the sheer randomness and rantiness of the statement makes no sense by itself, especially as Bowyer clearly hadn't given up on the negotiations, and less than an hour later we hear that they'll be talking again tomorrow. It's a very Trumpian way of negotiating.

One thing that might be key is what the future owners want. If all the potential parties want Bowyer to stay, then letting him go (and causing a squad and fan meltdown) goes directly against their interests and desires. Is this a bargaining tool in the sale? Or did one the potential buyers phone Roland up after the statement was published asking him what the **** he was playing at, and get him to phone Bowyer up to restart talks?
  • Options
    If a sale was close this could have happened but I doubt it is as close as Roland tries to make out.
  • Options
    I honestly think the Rat was  devastated when Lee Bower got us promoted and this is his way of getting back after the protests    
  • Options
    I bet it's on a game by game basis.
    Hold up on the protests
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    sammy391 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Do share 
    Don't shoot the messenger but now staying
    Pleaseeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    If Bowyer stays , the lameness of our support will return and we will still have our very own Helmet as an owner 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!