Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BREAKING NEWS - ROLAND AND BOWYER FAIL TO REACH CONTRACT AGREEMENT

Comments

• Options
    If he wants to stay, and believes the takeover is close, it’s easy enough to put a change of control clause in the contract that gives him the option to walk if a new owner arrives. Of course, that also gives him the option to negotiate a new deal once the situation stabilizes. It does mean he’ll probably have to work for short money, but he can control the risk by putting exit clauses in the contract. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Simon Jordan on Talksport now, digging out Roland and empathising with Charlton fans. 
    Bloody hell thought I'd never see the day Jordan came on our side
  • Options
    I’ve kept my own council on these matters as others have already expressed my feelings towards him. But Jesus Christ..... this is playground behaviour by him. I’ve woken up to sky sports reporting this and the first thing I said to my woman was, ‘i want to go to Belgium and get in this mans face. I’m feckin sickened by this, I really am. Gutted beyond words. What a prick. 
  • Options
    At half four today I was absolutely gutted and raging angry on hearing this news but the way the evening has gone, I'm feeling a bit more hopeful that not only will LB stay, but we could actually be getting rid of the crank. It's obvious the bag of shit is just doing it to be spiteful. But If LB does go I can see any deals falling through too and all because of the cranks actions.
  • Options
    The fact RD and Bowyer are apparently meeting again for discussions tomorrow actually fills me with hope that a deal might actually be clinched after all.

Now I've had time to calm down and think, in some ways RD's statement appears to be fully aimed at Bowyer's agent for not being able to reach a deal, this appears to be RD's excuse for a deal not to have happened by now as it's never his fault after all. But if he's negotiating with Bowyer directly I wouldn't be surprised if there's a better offer on the table at the expense of money that would have gone to Bowyer's agent.

I suspect Bowyer was surprised as we were when he saw the OS statement and it might even have been news to him too.

Either way the whole thing is a sham. RD is a disgrace to our club making us a laughing stock and a disgrace to football. Our club has been let down by all the authorities and when we're back on the upwards curve and RD long gone i'd love to see pressure applied on all the authorities to be held to account one way or another.
  • Options
    I don't think they are actually meeting in person. More likely a phone conversation. Red Henry is normally spot on with his inside scoops. We will just have to see how this plays out.
  • Options
    I don’t like being right on this believe me but this is not about money this is not about anything else than being a vindictive bstd who is paying all fans back due to his humiliation 
    Then he needs to know we will keep going until he sells up. He will never win this fight and the sooner he backs down, the better for himself
    His money dictates that he 'wins'.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    sammy391 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Heard better news on the way re title of thread
    Do share 
    Don't shoot the messenger but now staying
      Duchatelet leaving?
    Don’t know
  • Options
    Why would RD care about what Bowyer is earning if he’s close to a sale ? He won’t be paying his wages . 

Perhaps he is still a million miles away from selling the club or the new owners don’t want to pay Bowyer what he’s asking or maybe don’t want him at all ? 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I believe they’ll strike a deal tomorrow. Main reason is that Bowyer’s absolutely loved his time as Charlton manager, and knows that it’s the perfect place for him at the moment. I reckon he’ll compromise, at least until any potential protracted takeover happens. 
    Mr Optimistic. 
    Bowyer surely can’t work for Duchatelet now, the only way he stays at the club is with a takeover surely? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uie2 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Roland has been rattled by the article from the Standard that obviously came from Lee. This is just the lowest of the low under him. 
    What article was that ?
    The 50/50 one yesterday morning
  • Options
    Think bowyer might show some class for the fans and accept deal in a rolling monthly contract.Then he can go when he gets the right offer and I can’t blame him.Don't  think Roland realises you can get compensation when someone comes in for your manager 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I believe they’ll strike a deal tomorrow. Main reason is that Bowyer’s absolutely loved his time as Charlton manager, and knows that it’s the perfect place for him at the moment. I reckon he’ll compromise, at least until any potential protracted takeover happens. 
    Mr Optimistic. 
    Bowyer surely can’t work for Duchatelet now, the only way he stays at the club is with a takeover surely? 
    I'd like to think so but the Belgian has surely pushed Bowyer into a corner and he has to come back fighting.

I imagine there will be a conclusion today.
  • Options
    If I was Bow the first thing I would say would be that before we can even get to discussing a contract I want a full apology I'm the official site. Take back all the lies and ridiculous claims in that laughable statement and then we can restart discussions.
  • Options
    Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase”

I’ve wondered about this part of the statement, is this saying he was offered three times his current salary? If so, why is it worded so strangely (obviously other than the fact it was written by someone who doesn’t speak great English and not checked someone with a decent grasp of the language). 
  • Options
    Bowyer has said he wants to stay. His response to the statement he was bewildered.

Its likely Bowyer will settle for what's on offer, if Cawley & Redhenry are right.

Its unlikely that a takeover is any nearer because RD would be passing over Bowyer talks or at least wouldn't be such an issue to him.

Fans will sigh a relief & accept what has happened as another episode of the madmen and it will string along till the next event, probably over a player we should have kept etc.

In reality the bigger picture will get brushed under the carpet until RD's next rant or load of bollox decision.

I sincerely hope I am wrong about the takeover and that it is happening. 

Mehmet Dalman if only.  

• Options
    If Bowyer goes this has got to be the lowest point as a Charlton supporter since relegation from the Prem. From Wembley to this in three weeks, it hardly seems possible.

• Options

Fans will sigh a relief & accept what has happened

In reality the bigger picture will get brushed under the carpet until RD's next rant or load of bollox decision.
    Exactly , once again the Charlton collective will turn the other cheek.
    lets get behind the boys blah blah blah as  the vinegar strokes on The Helmet are continued 
  • Options

lets get behind the boys blah blah blah as  the vinegar strokes on The Helmet are continued 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase”

I’ve wondered about this part of the statement, is this saying he was offered three times his current salary? If so, why is it worded so strangely (obviously other than the fact it was written by someone who doesn’t speak great English and not checked someone with a decent grasp of the language). 
    Im trying to get my head properly around the figures to get to the six times his assistant manager pay. If he has been offered £225k now, then that’s insinuating he was on £75k last year and £37.5k as an assistant manager.

To put into context, the catering company we franchise the stadium to advertised yesterday for a Charlton Athletic General Manager, salary £55k.

I did check to ensure it didn’t involve picking the team...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny how in Roland’s world an extension to a contract is a period of a year, yet he appointed a ‘permanent’ manager on a 9 month contract.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    sammy391 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Do share 
      Duchatelet leaving?
    Don’t know
    But you know about the talks between Lee and Douchebag ?  Beggars can't be choosers and we are at the last chance Saloon and despite " better news on way" from mystic meg it is the only hope left.
    But without Bowyer either accepting a compromise until a new owner takes over, can there be a deal after the omnishamble statement by the shitweasel ?
  • Options
    In The Helmets world if you ask too much money for something you don’t get a deal , can he work that out 
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    I don't think they are actually meeting in person. More likely a phone conversation. Red Henry is normally spot on with his inside scoops. We will just have to see how this plays out.
    I think it was always going to be a ‘Skype type meeting’ rather than a face to face. 
  • Options
    RD is vindictive but worse still an idiot. He has wiped millions off the value of the club he is trying to sell.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

It was a straight choice between coming out in our numbers and backing Bowyer as he requested and hoping some rich person could see the potential in this south London club or accepting yet again a shit owner had won.
    It was 100% worth it for the fantastic experience of the last few home games and Wembley.
    Only a fool didn't realize the odds were still against a good outcome on both Bowyers contract and the SOC.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Redhenry said:
    sammy391 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Do share 
    So has Roland done a complete about turn in the last six hours or so, I doubt that,  or has Bowyer caved in, which I doubt too. If it has been resolved in the last six hours then WTF was that statement all about?

FFS !!

Surely even an evil Belgian Rat can have a " Aaaaaaargh ! " moment when NOTHING seems to be going his way !

Picture RD, pinny on, tea towel in hand, suddenly throwing a hissy fit as well as a few cups & saucers , stamping his duct taped feet and shouting " I'll thcream and I'll thcream until I'm thick ! "

THIS is the beginning of the end, I tell ye....

He has finally cracked.

Someone remembers reading the Just William books, Fanny?

Or is your real name Violet Elizabeth Bott?   :smile:

I was the role model for that character in my infancy, Oggy.

Allegedly, Mum left me in my pram at the front of M & S whilst she shopped ( as you did in those safer days) so I started thcreaming & thcreaming somewhat alarmingly and everyone in the store parted like the Red Sea to let my poor mother through.

I was only 8 at the time too.... 

:-)
    Get over to Belgium Fanny, stand outside Roland's office and threaten to thcream and thcream until you're thick.

It might just work!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Weren't we all supposed to be morons because we scared away Chris Wilder, who's now had success at Sheff Utd?

And yet here we are with a manager who's had success at Charlton. And Roland's happy to let him walk out the door.

Who's the moron now?
    It's like the way he calls owners in the championship crazy. Not realising that he's trying to sell to someone who wants to be an owner in the championship
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!