Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BREAKING NEWS - ROLAND AND BOWYER FAIL TO REACH CONTRACT AGREEMENT

Comments

• Options
    Be surprised if Jim lets him... Simon Jordan clearly shows JW up as a typical journalist who is a bag of wind and is too afraid to ask big questions in case of losing the sources!!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/josh_harris19/status/1140657379014598657

If that’s too far mods, delete it, but I found it funny.
    Shame you can’t like and lol the same post
  • Options
    I do not believe LB point blank rejected the offer (whatever the offer actually was) to stay at Charlton.

I think the negotiation was continuous...and Bowyer most likely really did not expect this sudden abrupt statement. He was expecting this discussion to at least remain private, normal and respectful.

I just think it's a failed tactical approach from the Rat.

He knows it. 

That's why he has asked Jim White to get him on talksport tomorrow...so he go in for a desperate clumsy thoughtless tackle.
  • Options
    Pretty sure i heard them say on Talksport that Simon Jordan wont be in the studio tomorrow.... it'll be more of the usual bollocks of course.
  • Options
    Pretty sure i heard them say on Talksport that Simon Jordan wont be in the studio tomorrow.... it'll be more of the usual bollocks of course.
    Jordon in on now - so doubt he'll be on tomorrow morning also. 

Huge shame. 

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    I don’t doubt Rich Cawley is well intentioned but you have to question his contacts as on Friday he told us talks are progressing well and then today we get another Roland rant. What would we have got if talks were progressing badly I wonder. Now Cawley says Bowyer and Roland are going to talk tomorrow. I’m taking that with a very large pinch of salt.
    Friday’s quotes came from Bowyer, as did today’s 
    It doesn't matter how many times Airman Brown said Richard Cawley gets his info direct from Lee Bowyer someone will question it Yet again. Thanks Louis for putting the record straight.
    If you could do the same every hour on the hour for the next day maybe the planks can understand

So is Duchatalet holding his contract negotiations with Bowyer live on the Jim White show tomorrow?
  • Options
    Roland or his lackey will be going through this thread to identify posts - individual or conflated (as per his previous practice) -  which he can then read out to Jim White over the phone to demonstrate how beastly we are. 

For tomorrow's meeting, between owner and manager, maybe a change of scene would be productive. Perhaps Lee could invite Roland to continue discussions over a spot of relaxing fishing on one of his (very deep) carp lakes. 
  • Options
    Sky Sports News just run 2 minutes on us. Said Bowyer has gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Think there is more to this than wages. 

Redhenry hinted at it earlier but think Roland and driesen are up to there old tricks of trying to force cheaper players on bowyer. 

Similar to slade and Congo Chris and this is Roland flexing his power. 

• Options
    MarkyE83 said:
      He has hasn't he?
  • Options
    Meanwhile Palace turn down a £50m bid...…….. for one of their players.
  • Options
    MarkyE83 said:
      He has hasn't he?
    Not officially, he’s still in contract until 30/06. 
  • Options
    Will someone wake me up when this bloody nightmare is over..................
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d07a7df422e2/charlton-unable-to-reach-an-agreement-with-lee-bowyer-on-contract-extension

Charlton Athletic have been unable to reach an agreement with manager Lee Bowyer regarding the extension of his contract.

The fact the club is for sale has not helped with finding an agreement. The current owner needs to take into account that a new owner may want to appoint his own manager. However, this concern did not stop the current owner proposing a contract extension of one year to Lee Bowyer, even though the club may be sold in a few weeks. Under those circumstances a multi-year extension would not be good business practice.

In addition, since the club is still losing money, which is one of the reasons why the club has not been sold yet, the focus on reducing costs means that we are extremely limited on payroll increases. 

Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase when he became permanent manager in September. It is six times what he earned when he started as assistant manager in 2017 and 50% more than what any Charlton manager previously had (excluding the Premier League years). This reflects the strong desire we have to continue to have Lee as our manager. But Lee wanted much more.

The owner understands Lee’s point of view, because many Championship clubs pay huge amounts (some pay millions of £ per year) to their manager. It is fair that Lee feels he should be paid like many other Championship managers. That the average Championship club makes a loss of around £15 million per year is not something players should care about. The owners are crazy

This is why we could not come to an agreement. Another element may have influenced as well. Unlike previous contract discussions, Lee wanted an agent to handle it. We reluctantly accepted. However, involving a player agent in a manager’s contract discussion is not healthy. If the agent helps make the manager more money, it may result in the manager to have a more positive attitude towards players proposed by the same agent, a conflict of interest. Obviously, Lee is above such things, but it is nevertheless not a healthy situation. 

The club hasn’t started to look for any other manager in the meantime and does not intend to appoint a permanent manager, since the club is going to be sold. A caretaker manager will be announced in due course and in the meantime the other staff members will continue to prepare the upcoming season for which a lot of good work has been performed already.  

If Lee does change his mind before his contract expires and chooses to continue his good work at Charlton, he is still welcome to stay. 

However our ability to sell the club is the most important thing right now. 

You'd fit right in then Roland. (except you'd be absent) - is this all a tactic about selling the club.
  • Options
    Sky Sports have been running the same report since the statement was published.... SLP plus one other are the only sites that have mentioned the 'talks' tomorrow morning... not convinced the talks will be about a contract though
  • Options
    If Bow and Jacko were to sue I would 100% take their side.
  • Options
    Anger and disappointment at this news of course. The manner in which it has been done though has left me stunned. We all know RD’s approach to things is not normal but for an owner to do this is staggering. Totally unnecessary and totally classless. 

I’m desperate for Bowyer the be here next season. My hope, like others have mentioned, is that Bowyer gets an offer more deserving of his tenure so far and then renegotiates once the sale goes through.
    I think Lee has to go after the way he has been treated - he deserves better.
    I'm afraid I agree.  RD has publicly said thatLB is not worth what he is asking and if he comes back it will be for lower wages than other managers at the same level.
  • Options
    I hope Duchaetelet comes out of the talks with no yellow teeth left!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RD is a classic example of someone who (thinks he) knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
  • Options
    Surely the most shameful, as well as being completely pointless and illogical, moment of Duchatelet's reign of terror. Just when a manager brings some positivity back he turns against him - must be out of blind jealousy. We deserve so much better than the total shambles he has presided over for years.
  • Options
    On what grounds could Jackson sue? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    On what grounds could Jackson sue? 
    Do you think bellendery is more of a criminal than civil issue?
  • Options
    Sky Sports have been running the same report since the statement was published.... SLP plus one other are the only sites that have mentioned the 'talks' tomorrow morning... not convinced the talks will be about a contract though
    Taking it as though the SLP are the only ones doing some proper research - SKY etc. just seem to be taking the statement as your typical Football gospel without thinking about who has written it

Wasnt it mentioned that Bowyer speaks directly with the likes of Rich Cawley which is why the latter is able to get such quick information
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/josh_harris19/status/1140657379014598657

If that’s too far mods, delete it, but I found it funny.
    I proudly retweeted this.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Imagine it will be pretty explosive tomorrow 
    Probably recorded already (no right of reply or phone-line questions). A three minute review of what his statement said and several questions from Jim White seeking confirmation or clarification and "thanks Roland for coming on and being so forthright etc." 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Imagine it will be pretty explosive tomorrow 
    Probably recorded already (no right of reply or phone-line questions). A three minute review of what his statement said and several questions from Jim White seeking confirmation or clarification and "thanks Roland for coming on and being so forthright etc." 
    According to Rich Cawley LB and RD are talking tomorrow morning, so you’d hope they’d do that before the Talksport spot. Something recorded today might be out of date in that case. 
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    McCartney said:
    What can you say. Despise RD, thanks to Lee for giving us a great season. I just feel like a absolute prick for buying a season ticket in the euphoria. 
    Sorry mate, we were all euphoric - you don't deserve to be shat on. 

Not digging you out at all, promise, but I am going to take this opportunity to remind people there's a reason CARD has been consistently opposed to RD regardless of results.  As long as he's at our club there will be no ambition, and this kind of thing will continue to happen. Bow may yet sign, but that statement holds him in a level of contempt that should be reserved for Duchatelet. What Bowyer achieved was against all odds, absolutely in spite of Duchatelet, and surely from the owner's perspective promotion was an unhappy accident. If he doesn't sell now, the Championship will crucify him in more ways than one.

CARD's ability for mass protest is directly proportionate to the size of the mass willing to protest. Its easy to capture moods like now, but keep this feeling close for the days when we might have strung a couple of wins together and we're tempted to optimistically think things might be OK.  They never will be under Duchatelet. Never. 

I urge you to support whatever protests come from CARD and anyone else until the day Duchatelet's finally out of our club for good. 
    Yes Rick I await cards statement 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!