Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Purrington - signed for Ross County (p23)

Comments

• Options
    Will stay in League One, unlike most of the players we've released 
  • Options
    Now only Forster-Caskey left at the club who was part of the 18 man squad at Wembley.
    Its like an Agatha Christie novel, and then there were none.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Headline misleading, thanks for your efforts Ben..
  • Options
    Yes, title needs amending.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Think he was keen to stay 
  • Options
    So we now need four first team full backs, unless anyone in the academy is ready to step up.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    So we now need four first team full backs, unless anyone in the academy is ready to step up.
    I think we will get three and use Clare.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    echo all that has been said, Ben always gave 100% ..  all the best in the future, EXCEPT against us ((:>)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Bower looks good but probably too early.
    At centre back I reckon one of Bakrin and Ness will be around the first team squad. Ness is 22 and Bakrin looks as good as Elerewe.

• Options
    How far off is Asiimwe? 
  • Options
    A good honest pro and not the worst left back we’ve ever had. Didn’t fit in with Jackson’s 3-5-2 inflexible formation but we do have some good young left backs coming through the academy so I can see why we’d be letting him go. Wish him all the best for the future 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    I think we will get three and use Roddy.

• Options
    I'd have kept him but the new manager obviously want's his own players and you can't blame him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember we don't need to rebuild every summer now we have TS....

4 fullbacks and 3 centre backs needed, not to mention at least 1 striker, a winger and probably 2 central midfielders, before we think about selling anyone and replacing them
  • Options
    I don't mind BP departing, as long as it's a decision Garner was involved with
  • Options
    I think DJ will be the new left back partly because he defends a lot better than he attacks 
    he doesn’t have any tricks to beat people and his crossing isn’t very good either 
  • Options
    Disappointed to see him go, thought he was decent enough.

Good luck Ben.
  • Options
    I think DJ will be the new left back partly because he defends a lot better than he attacks 
    he doesn’t have any tricks to beat people and his crossing isn’t very good either 
    Oh God no.

And apart from the points contained in the rest of your sentence he's a really good player.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    It looks like we are having a squad reset but recent evidence suggests we will start the season too light, rather than be fully equipped with strength in depth.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Remember we don't need to rebuild every summer now we have TS....

4 fullbacks and 3 centre backs needed, not to mention at least 1 striker, a winger and probably 2 central midfielders, before we think about selling anyone and replacing them
    We do need all of that as a minimum, yet we only have 5 or 6 squad places left at the moment.  I still expect a few out goings.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I don't mind BP departing, as long as it's a decision Garner was involved with
    Agreed, but no reason to suspect he wasn't. A case of having waited to see what the new man thinks before reaching a decision.

Good luck Ben - you served us well.