Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    And yet he can't start against L1 teams.

Because he's not doing what Bowyer wants him to do.

And Wales no doubt have set up the team tonight to accommodate Williams.

I'm not really sure what this means.
    Are you saying an International team playing against England at Wembley would set up their team around one player that can't even start a game against Lincoln. Is he that good that Wales would accommodate that? 
    Or is it because Wales dont have anyone remotely better and can afford to have him in the team because they dont need him to be the one creating / taking chances

Its a bit like when we had Shelvey in League One, his talent was clear but at times was a luxury player we couldn't afford to have in the team
    I know what your saying but Jonjo created and scored goals, we ain't getting that from JW. 
    Exactly... What are we getting from Jonny when he's on the pitch? 
    F all. 
    Which is what has me pondering who is right Bowyer or Giggs.
    I really shouldn't be thinking about this during an England game lol but its so shit with no fans at Wembley 
    I would question who else Wales have that they could use in that role
  • Options
    Sent those two English midfielders to the shop with ease earlier in this game 
  • Options
    Interesting that he's taking corners for Wales, I don't recall him taking then for us  much?
  • Options
    Interesting that he's taking corners for Wales, I don't recall him taking then for us  much?
    He should have taken more. Cullen wasn't so good at them. Anyway we have Maddison now
  • Options
    Levitt now on the pitch... We've had another mention!! 
  • Options
    Now Levitt joins him on the pitch

• Options
    Levitt, Williams and a Large Bloke. For Ampadu, read Watson. Or Pratley ;)
  • Options
    Can someone tell Giggs that Jonnie only does 50 minutes max per game. 
  • Options
    Get Gunter on, I want to see him in action!
  • Options
    JW been one of their best players imo - loads of energy from him. That in League One would be quite something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right u think Jonny has been in the middle of everything for Wales tonight. 

Not how he has to play for us. He seems to have people running ahead of him who he's feeding. So different than how he has to play for us.

Maybe he is not a player for Bow's 
  • Options
    Bowyer being quoted now on his Williams comments
  • Options
    Ooo we even get a Lee Bowyer quote
  • Options
    Williams is looking knacked again after 60 minutes 
  • Options
    Didnt really sound as though Chris Coleman disagreed with the Bowyer quote 
  • Options
    Large hatchet-man dirty play from Levitt. And to think nobody thought he could play that role
  • Options
    Wales miss Tom Lockyer or Ashley Williams, their defence had been awful
  • Options
    They need Gunter in there... :-)
  • Options
    Haha they need to update their notes there over Matt Smith
  • Options
    They need Gunter in there... :-)
    You've got your wish 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    JW been one of their best players imo - loads of energy from him. That in League One would be quite something
    What a load of rubbish. He has been totally ineffective, just like he is at Charlton.
  • Options
    Unless the commentators know something we don’t. Put them in the ITK table  ;)
  • Options
    Right u think Jonny has been in the middle of everything for Wales tonight. 

Not how he has to play for us. He seems to have people running ahead of him who he's feeding. So different than how he has to play for us.

Maybe he is not a player for Bow's 

He need players around him to do the running and movement ahead of him. All playmakers do. Give him those things and he'll look a better player. Not easy to show you're passing ability if no one makes themselves available for a pass,
  • Options
     Lockyer has 12 caps and Wales have never let in more than one goal when he's played
  • Options
    Thanks gonna have nightmares till the window closes now
  • Options
    Thanks gonna have nightmares till the window closes now
    City can keep him and play him in their B team