Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Swansea the destination. At least we don't play against him again this season.

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/1217138857151516673 
  • edited January 2020
    mendonca said:
    I feel your comment is accurate Seth.

Gallagher without Williams/Taylor/Cullen has been assigned to grafting duties, rather than creative. 
    Yes that’s called being a professional footballer and learning to play a man’s game. That was the reason he was loaned out. 
    I agree, he looked jaded in recent weeks and probably needed a rest. But that’s how professional sport, like life, goes sometimes. You have to roll your sleeves up and get on with it. 
    If it was Chelsea’s decision to end the season long loan then I simply don’t get the cap doffing some are doing on here. That’s poor form by Chelsea. 
    If it’s CG wanting out cos it got too tough then perhaps he won’t have the career some of us hope/think he will.
  • Solidgone said:
    He was getting battered as other teams realised how good and influential he is. 
    I don’t think that will change whoever he plays for.
  • Gutted like everyone else. He and many others have been in desperate need of rest and recuperation. We finally got a break with the Fulham game being postponed, so what do we do? bring it forward!
    What sort of a message does such idiocy send to the Chelsea hierarchy wanting to protect their asset against serious injury. I don't know if it played a part in recalling him, but sometimes we don't help ourselves.
  • SamE7 said:
    SamE7 said:
    He is going to Sansea on loan. Just confirmed 
    Are you this person on twitter

Making bullshit up.

Nowhere has it been confirmed, so don't start coming on here with your new accounts saying it's been confirmed when it hasnt
    Bet you feel silly now. Don't mean to say I told you so, but I told you so. Less of the ridicule next time please, not everyone makes rumours up 
    I'll be my first to hold my hands and say you nailed it fella, and I was way off the mark. It's makes no sense to me, and its an absolute kick in the teeth that he is going to another championship club.

Always gave 100% for us and I hope he develops further. 
  • On the plus side, I might start getting some attention from my other half again now that the long haired, good looking, highly talented, rich bastard has gone!
  • RedChaser said:
    At least we know we arent loaded then...... if so we would have matched Swansea's offer.
    But the deal with paying his wages plus a big loan fee could easily come to £1M (guess).
    We may have thought we'd rather buy our own player than spend £1M on someone else's.
    If so that would make sense to me.
    Beat you to it mate 😁😁
    Dead heat mate, luck of the ether, so I've given you both a like 😉.
    Given you one 2.
    See you at Preston 

You are awful but I like you 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• SamE7 said:
    SamE7 said:

Making bullshit up.

Nowhere has it been confirmed, so don't start coming on here with your new accounts saying it's been confirmed when it hasnt
    Bet you feel silly now. Don't mean to say I told you so, but I told you so. Less of the ridicule next time please, not everyone makes rumours up 
    Cmon then what other inside info you got for us Sam? :) 
  • SamE7 said:
    SamE7 said:

Making bullshit up.

Cmon then what other inside info you got for us Sam? :) 
    Nada. I mentioned earlier that I don't get told a lot, and not very often. If ever I hear of anything of interest I will post it though 
  • SamE7 said:
    SamE7 said:

Making bullshit up.

Not needed mate. It's obvious you were right and several others were wrong. Rubbing their noses in it wont make you look any the better.
  • Greenie said:
    Gutted, I’ve just had my barnet done like his!
    Didn’t realise you’d gone for a syrup
  • Shit news. 
    However, got to think how much he helped others in the team to develop. They will have seen his work rate and skill. Inspirational for someone so young. Very hard to replace but have to trust Gallen that he can do it. 

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    I think Chelsea have enough young players for 10 competitive youth teams. They have those that are hopefuls that they loan out to lower league clubs at a subsidised rate to help their development, and they have those that are not far off that they expect money for. I presume Gallagher moved from one category to the other. What would be a bit off, is if Swansea came in and offered to pay his wages etc... and they didn't give us the chance to match that. Maybe they did and we decided not to. There is more to discover here.
  • He’s Gone.
    close the thread. We need to move on.
    Chairman has said deals pending on Twitter in the last couple of hours.
  • CafcSCP said:
    He’s Gone.
    close the thread. We need to move on.
    Chairman has said deals pending on Twitter in the last couple of hours.
    Gotta let people grieve lol
  • He’s been getting batttered by every team we played in the last two months, also Bow could not rest him and it was showing. Looked a better player Saturday when JW and JFC came on.

Chelski are still wankers though!
  • SamE7 said:
    SamE7 said:

Making bullshit up.

I'll be my first to hold my hands and say you nailed it fella, and I was way off the mark. It's makes no sense to me, and its an absolute kick in the teeth that he is going to another championship club.

Always gave 100% for us and I hope he develops further. 
    He would do - he’s Matt Southall.
  • edited January 2020
    Rothko said:
    I'm fascinated by the Why in this whole thing, why have Chelsea done this and what's triggered this, other then a possible lump of cash from Swansea or West Brom 
    I don’t think it is cash related.  My guess is that they wanted him to play on an attacking creative side for his development - not a side fighting relegation where it is more about defense and scrapping attacking opportunities when possible due to the injury situation
    Gallagher is supposed to be learning the game, warts and all. And he was, at Charlton.

It would have stood him in better stead than going off somewhere else where it's a bit part role or a joyride.
  • edited January 2020
    Bubble said:
    Talksport

” He felt like he was leaving Charlton at the time when they needed him most. He was enjoying his football, there.”
    Does he have no say in the matter. He might only be 19 but he is an adult & has a tongue in his head. At that age I changed jobs for more money & better prospects......but the decision was mine. 

Shame we aren't playing Swansea again this season....would love to see Prately kicking him up in the air.

And I hope his family like tracking up & down the M4 every other week. Good job they've abolished the £6 toll charge...😀
  • edited January 2020
    I'm not sure it is in his interests to challenge Chelsea seeing as he plans to play in the first team next season, I would say there is a decent chance of that. It is clear he wanted to stay, but Chelsea employ him.