Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• It’s at times like this I like to look at the bigger picture and we are still favourite to stay up even with him gone .

so Conor is going to do a job that I requested of him and that’s to make sure the scum don’t get promoted .
    swansea sit 1 point and 1 place above the filth 
    he will single handedly make sure they don’t get promoted 
    and for that Conor I will be truly grateful .

youll be joining Stern John on my forever grateful list if you complete your task 
  • edited January 2020
    He was bang average anyway... 😉
  • edited January 2020
    Just to confirm he has no power over the recall, however had they given him a choice, I am sure he'd have stayed with us. He would have to agree terms with other sides to go elsewhere.
  • Bubble said:
    Talksport

” He felt like he was leaving Charlton at the time when they needed him most. He was enjoying his football, there.”
    Does he have no say in the matter. He might only be 19 but he is an adult & has a tongue in his head. At that age I changed jobs for more money & better prospects......but the decision was mine. 

Shame we aren't playing Swansea again this season....would love to see Prately kicking him up in the air.

And I hope his family like tracking up & down the M4 every other week. Good job they've abolished the £6 toll charge...😀
    Sorry, I know you're after lols but that's not funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• All that needs to be said Thank you Connor for the fantastic time you gave to us good luck son go and have a great career 

bet we see him again in a red shirt 

Connor needs a break I thought on Saturday he looked 70% the player I first saw and the player I have enjoyed watching 

we move on. 
    Ive thought that since December and rightly so, a lot of weight on young shoulders
  • aliwibble said:
    Bit ironic if he’s being recalled by Chelsea because he’s having the shit kicked out of him and they then loan him to Swansea who were the team primarily that kicked said shit out of him. Just sayin. 
    I thought that was Derby? Swansea had a bit of a go, but Derby should have had two players sent off for fouls on Gallagher, not just the one.

Definitely not Swansea who set out to target Gallagher, I took the time to post on the post-match thread to commend them for not having taking him out in their game plan. Derby did though and Hull at the Valley set out to knobble him. Sad to see him go, it really is, not just for us but for him. He appeared to be really enjoying his time with us from what I saw and he could’ve learnt so much more under Bowyer.
  • Well it now seems clear that this wasn't initiated by the player at all. So who at Chelsea did? I don't think it was Lampard. If he goes from us to another Championship club, how much does that affect Lampard's options for the rest of the season? 0%. 

Chelsea have no less than three technical coaches assigned to their players on loan only! One of them will have had Gallagher assigned to him. Whichever one it is, I hate him. 
  • Well it now seems clear that this wasn't initiated by the player at all. So who at Chelsea did? I don't think it was Lampard. If he goes from us to another Championship club, how much does that affect Lampard's options for the rest of the season? 0%. 

Chelsea have no less than three technical coaches assigned to their players on loan only! One of them will have had Gallagher assigned to him. Whichever one it is, I hate him. 
    I know Eddie Newton has been to see him a couple of times, can’t of course say if it’s his call or not.
  • I think people need to calm down on the Gallagher and Chelsea hating.

Without either of their support, we wouldn't even know his name. They have done us a favour.

They are not a charity and we do not live in a communist society 

If you were Chelsea and you watched that Derby game , you would move Connor to another team for the following footballing reasons 

1. He needs to play with men not boys on his team to develop.

2. CG has been the only player in the last 2 months who has been trying to play triangles and get pass and move going. Because you cant do this on your own, he has gone backwards slightly as trying to to do too much. 

3. If JW and JC had stayed fit he wouldn't be going back. Chelsea need him to learn and , with all due respect, he isn't learning from playing with Deji.

4. If he goes West Brom, Chelsea will get 1-2M just for the loan as it seals them promotion. If he goes Swansea then he gets to play with England youth coach as his manager and Rhian Brewster to thread through balls to.

Whilst I loved watching this kwolity baller play, its not the end of the world. JC and JW coming back will more than compensate. JW fit runs rings round any attacking midfielder, he runs rings around a 19 year old CG.

We need another body in midfield to cover JC but either JW or Otzumer can fill the CG role, which is a creative midfielder.

Good luck Connor, u were mint for us
  • All that needs to be said Thank you Connor for the fantastic time you gave to us good luck son go and have a great career 

Connor needs a break I thought on Saturday he looked 70% the player I first saw and the player I have enjoyed watching 

we move on. 
    Man Utd, Liverpool, Bayern Munich?

we move on. 
     England will do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:
    Talksport

” He felt like he was leaving Charlton at the time when they needed him most. He was enjoying his football, there.”
    Does he have no say in the matter. He might only be 19 but he is an adult & has a tongue in his head. At that age I changed jobs for more money & better prospects......but the decision was mine. 

Shame we aren't playing Swansea again this season....would love to see Prately kicking him up in the air.

And I hope his family like tracking up & down the M4 every other week. Good job they've abolished the £6 toll charge...😀
    I think you need to remember your opening paragraph next time you pan a player for moving for the dough!

we move on. 
    Charlton 100%
  • I think people need to calm down on the Gallagher and Chelsea hating.

Without either of their support, we wouldn't even know his name. They have done us a favour.

If you were Chelsea and you watched that Derby game , you would move Connor to another team for the following footballing reasons 

2. CG has been the only player in the last 2 months who has been trying to play triangles and get pass and move going. Because you cant do this on your own, he has gone backwards slightly as trying to to do too much. 

3. If JW and JC had stayed fit he wouldn't be going back. Chelsea need him to learn and , with all due respect, he isn't learning from playing with Deji.

4. If he goes West Brom, Chelsea will get 1-2M just for the loan as it seals them promotion. If he goes Swansea then he gets to play with England youth coach as his manager and Rhian Brewster to thread through balls to.

Whilst I loved watching this kwolity baller play, its not the end of the world. JC and JW coming back will more than compensate. JW fit runs rings round any attacking midfielder, he runs rings around a 19 year old CG.

We need another body in midfield to cover JC but either JW or Otzumer can fill the CG role, which is a creative midfielder.

I get your points but when they loaned him to us in the summer we had about 14 players total, no budget and had just been beaten to Morris(?) By Fleetwood so they would have known,as would he, that we would likely be shit, lose a lot and that he would be playing with kids yet they still chose us.  Now, because we have been a bit shit and playing with kids and losing a lot they have recalled him... I get he has out performed and now has better teams looking at him but then maybe they should have loaned him to us till Jan and said we will have him back if he is decent.  It is what it is and with our new recruits we will probably pip Swansea at Wembley in the play offs anyway. 😀
    I also see the sense in what you are saying. 

I especially like the last sentence!

Is Marcus Maddison actually a like for like for Connor? If so, well played ESI. Need a striker a CB and a 2003 scott parker and we can still pip Leeds to 2nd! 

COYR
  • edited January 2020
    When we had him a lot of Chelsea fans thought he wasn't going to make it. They are now excited about him. He has done well for himself. The lad seems to me to have a lot of class both on and off the pitch. I think it is a minor mistake by Chelsea as there is every reason he would have improved further as we get our players back and bring new ones in, but because Conor is so good, he will succeed wherever he goes. We have played a part in pushing him up accepting that his talent was always the biggest part. I don't think Cooper is in Bowyer's class but surely they can't do too much damage.

If this was a financial decision, what can you do? If it was a football decision, Chelsea are employing some mugs! 
  • Missed It said:
    I think people need to calm down on the Gallagher and Chelsea hating.

I think you're spot on with this.  Chelsea loaned Gallagher in the expectation that he would play every week and play alongside senior pros who will help him develop his game.  With Charlton's midfield decimated by injury Gallagher has been playing alongside the likes of Doughty, Dempsey, Morgan and Vennings.  No disrespect to those players, Doughty in particular looks an excellent prospect, but there is no denying they are boys that have had to be thrown in to the team before they are truly ready.  Is that what Chelsea signed up for?  They'd want Gallagher playing with experienced players like Pratley, and internationals like Williams and Cullen.  That hasn't been the case recently.  Not winning for 12 weeks in a row is a valuable gut check that Gallagher won't get playing in the Chelsea youth team, but perhaps Chelsea have seen enough.

There's absolutely no doubt that Gallagher has improved by playing at Charlton and teams like Chelsea, West Ham and Arsenal are now very well aware of what a spell at Charlton can do for their players.  I think we should be taking the long view on this.  Our chances of getting more and better loans from Premier League clubs will have improved considering how well the likes of Bielik, Cullen and Gallagher have done.  With a less tight-fisted ownership prepared to make a bigger contribution to loan costs we should be be able to get more top young players in the next few years.

I'm sad to see Gallagher go this early but it's not like Charlton never lost its best players before.  I wish him all the very best. He's a quality player and from his kind words on Charlton, clearly a quality young man too. 
    Yes because I am fairly certain that when we signed him on loan we did not have Williams, Cullen, Field, Leko, Greene, Kayal or Oztumer in the squad.

so we had Pratley, Aneke and the kids.  Unless Chelsea are pulling him because he has not had enough game time with Aneke?

I don't know the timescales of signings in the summer but Charlton must have convinced Chelsea of the squad they expected to have and the worth of Gallagher playing at Charlton, particularly with the reportedly low contribution Charlton were making to Gallagher's wages.  It appears that having seen who has been in the teams in recent weeks Chelsea have reconsidered. 
  • At that time a guarantee he would be starting most games was probably enough.