Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• I feel your comment is accurate Seth.

Gallagher without Williams/Taylor/Cullen has been assigned to grafting duties, rather than creative. 
  • Charlton Manager Lee Bowyer said: “I’m disappointed. I didn’t see this coming if I’m honest which makes it harder to take. At the end of the day, though, we have to move on.

“He’s been a credit and a pleasure to work with. He’s come in and put his body on the line every single day. He’s scored us goals and helped us win games. For someone so young, he’s a great talent to work with and I wish him all the best for his future. He’s come in, learnt and he’s going back a better player than we received and that’s what our job is - to improve players.

“I would like to thank Chelsea for loaning us Conor. The most important thing now is that Conor goes on and progresses in his career and we’ve got to move on and try and find a replacement.”

During his time at The Valley, Gallagher received his first call-up to the England U21 squad, scoring in a 3-0 win over Albania and earning four caps in total.

The midfielder added: “I’ve had a great time at Charlton Athletic and I’d like to thank the staff, my teammates and of course the fans. I’ll never forget the excitement of scoring my first goal at The Valley in front of the Covered End.

"I’d like to wish everyone at the club the best of luck for the rest of the season.”

Spot on, Lee.
  • Real shame been unbelievable for us, we will miss his energy and certainly his talent. I bet they loan him elsewhere but to someone we have played twice...
  • Can I be the first to say he was shit, lazy, had an awful attitude and I never wanted him anyway?
  • Proper gutted by this news. Fucking Chelsea, the bastards.
  • Safe to say canters has taken the news badly.
  • He's their player to do with as they please.
    Doesn't soften the disappointment tho.
    I wish Conor no ill, Chelsea on the other hand can get stuffed.  Backsliding graceless bunch of mercenary turds all of em, unless they loan us George Mckechran, the next young star on their production line, if not I hope they all get piles, nits, boils, impetigo, ringworm, tinnitus, ginger boss-eyed children, fail to win another league game all season and Hull dump them out of the cup in humiliating fashion with a Tom Eaves hat-trick.
    Never liked Fat Frank anyway, badge-kissing turncoat wanker. 
    Ginger boss-eyed children😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Am gutted that he’s gone. Surely it made sense that he stayed at a club where he’s fitted in & settled so well & has become a fans’ favourite? 
  • Does the players agent get a cut of the fee the club he’s going to will be paying?
  • se9addick said:
    Chelsea have the right to recall him, but it’s gutting, not least because this was supposed to be an exciting transfer window but we’ve lost (IMO) our best player and there are issues surrounding Taylor and Bowyers contracts. 

Still 17 days to go of the window, which is a long time in January, but we really need some good news. 
    Hangover from Roland is well and truly biting us in the arse.
  • Bit down about this now it's been confirmed as our two best players have both seemingly wanted out for whatever reason (Lyle and Connor). Quite sad. 
  • It might not be good training for any future career at Chelsea (who will generally always be near the top of the table) but playing for a few months at struggling, scrapping side would be beneficial for Conor as an individual and as a player, a great way of building responsibility and leadership on the pitch, rather than being the "talented kid". Sigh.
  • edited January 2020
    Maybe , just maybe they took a look at our training methods, and track record for injuries, and thought get him back before he gets injured!
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn’t blame them at all!
  • mendonca said:
    Bit down about this now it's been confirmed as our two best players have both seemingly wanted out for whatever reason (Lyle and Connor). Quite sad. 
    You may have been right if Gallagher was our player and it was his decision.
  • Just thinking outside the box but I wonder if Alfie Dougherty could play in Connor Gallaghers position definitely has the energy to play there
  • shuffs67 said:
    Just thinking outside the box but I wonder if Alfie Dougherty could play in Connor Gallaghers position definitely has the energy to play there
    His best attribute is taking on full backs and getting crosses in which would be lost. 
  • If Conor Gallagher still wins POTY as predicted then we will be relegated.
    We won't as Bonne wins it for his 18 goals which see Cafc finish in 15th place.
  • shuffs67 said:
    Just thinking outside the box but I wonder if Alfie Dougherty could play in Connor Gallaghers position definitely has the energy to play there
    Alfie's a wide player ........ winger or wing back.

Leave him there. He's doing alright and developing.

• I reckon it Must be partly to do with him reading this message board and about 80% of posters misspelling his first name which, to be very clear is spelt:

Conor

Thannks for the memories though Conor it has been great watching you learn and play at times this season. 
  • Will always have the memory of a great goal against Derby. Conor, you will be missed.  
  • JaShea99 said:
    Can I be the first to say he was shit, lazy, had an awful attitude and I never wanted him anyway?
    Yes you certainly can, and irony is showing its mettle today. 

If I may say he was fantastic until he had to play in the cafc u19 academy side.