Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• @NLA will be on here soon to tell all to "chill you Pussies" and I think he's right on this occasion. Loan players get recalled, we did it ourselves. Matt Southall desperately needs Lee Bowyer to sign this contract or else not only is his honeymoon over but a meeting with a divorce mediator will be arranged.
    By February, we will know what we have to be competitive in this division. A silver wedding or a quickie divorse. Matt Southall you need to use all your salesman skills to make sure we are stronger and give Steve Gallen the green light to bring in quality.
    And relax.
    big difference. we did it because we needed them to play. We didn't recall Doughty from Bromley and loan him to Dartford. It's non sensical to recall Gallagher and loan him to Swansea or Derby. If it's to a PL side then fair enough.
    I hate Chelsea and you are right about our loan players BUT Conor came to Cafc to progress his Career which it did but the injury crisis has stopped his progress because of the players around him since mid November. Chelsea interests are Gallagher's not Cafc. We can Hate Chelsea but our management can't afford too. Gallen should be checking if any of their 100 loanees or talented young players can replace him to the end of season.
    I'd hope that the first mention of him being recalled by them was swiftly followed by Gallen asking "who can we have as a replacement"

Billy Gilmour plays in midfield and a loan is his next step. Ampadu has hardly featured at Leipzig, so i wonder if they're recalling him, although i expect he'd go to a PL club.
  • What was Wimbledons deal with Purrington on loan to them from Rotherham last season ??

• @NLA will be on here soon to tell all to "chill you Pussies" and I think he's right on this occasion. Loan players get recalled, we did it ourselves. Matt Southall desperately needs Lee Bowyer to sign this contract or else not only is his honeymoon over but a meeting with a divorce mediator will be arranged.
    By February, we will know what we have to be competitive in this division. A silver wedding or a quickie divorse. Matt Southall you need to use all your salesman skills to make sure we are stronger and give Steve Gallen the green light to bring in quality.
    And relax.
    big difference. we did it because we needed them to play. We didn't recall Doughty from Bromley and loan him to Dartford. It's non sensical to recall Gallagher and loan him to Swansea or Derby. If it's to a PL side then fair enough.
    But he is now playing almost exclusively with the players that have been recalled from non league football. We are in the same division but have only won one game in all comps since October for the same reason that we are having to play so many kids. Swansea, on the other hand, are only out of the Play Offs on goal difference.  
  • On official site now. Recalled
  • Balls, gutting :-( 
  • [Expletive deleted]
  • edited January 2020
    @NLA will be on here soon to tell all to "chill you Pussies" and I think he's right on this occasion. Loan players get recalled, we did it ourselves. Matt Southall desperately needs Lee Bowyer to sign this contract or else not only is his honeymoon over but a meeting with a divorce mediator will be arranged.
    And relax.
    But he is now playing almost exclusively with the players that have been recalled from non league football. We are in the same division but have only won one game in all comps since October for the same reason that we are having to play so many kids. Swansea, on the other hand, are only out of the Play Offs on goal difference.  
    Oh, I didnt realise that a loan deal would have a clause in it saying "our player can only play with recognised senior players & if the number of U23's goes above 2 then we have the right to recall him"

Just hope his new deal doesnt have a recall clause that includes playing with a certain amount of Welshmen or having to play with the ex England captain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted as my grandson will be Connor was his favourite player. Was really impressed with his attitude and performances never hid. Thanks for what you gave us Connor and wish you well in the future. Lets hope the transfer window brings us some good news COYR
  • Charlton Manager Lee Bowyer said: “I’m disappointed. I didn’t see this coming if I’m honest which makes it harder to take. At the end of the day, though, we have to move on.

“He’s been a credit and a pleasure to work with. He’s come in and put his body on the line every single day. He’s scored us goals and helped us win games. For someone so young, he’s a great talent to work with and I wish him all the best for his future. He’s come in, learnt and he’s going back a better player than we received and that’s what our job is - to improve players.

“I would like to thank Chelsea for loaning us Conor. The most important thing now is that Conor goes on and progresses in his career and we’ve got to move on and try and find a replacement.”

During his time at The Valley, Gallagher received his first call-up to the England U21 squad, scoring in a 3-0 win over Albania and earning four caps in total.

The midfielder added: “I’ve had a great time at Charlton Athletic and I’d like to thank the staff, my teammates and of course the fans. I’ll never forget the excitement of scoring my first goal at The Valley in front of the Covered End.

"I’d like to wish everyone at the club the best of luck for the rest of the season.”

• edited January 2020
    Absolutely gutted, but I’ll have faith in Gallen to find a replacement. 
    And relax.
    Oh, I didnt realise that a loan deal would have a clause in it saying "our player can only play with recognised senior players & if the number of U23's goes above 2 then we have the right to recall him"

Just hope his new deal doesnt have a recall clause that includes playing with a certain amount of Welshmen or having to play with the ex England captain.
    It doesn’t, it has a clause in it which says the can recall him in January. They have. 
  • Fat Frank's a ****
    Fat Frank's a ****
    Fat Frank's a ****
    Fat Frank's a ****
    Fat Frank's a ****
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    I don't know why some fans think Chelsea recalled Gallagher with no warning.
    Ok they might have.
    What is also possible is they told us a couple of weeks ago that it was being considered.
    I definitely thought Bowyer and Gallen saying we hadn't had a recall call from them as yet, wasn't totally convincing.
    It was always only a phone call away.
    Nope. Gallen said he’d read all the reports of a recall but Chelsea were happy. 
    As @WhenIwasLittleBoy says; could well be that Connor fancied a crack at the Premiership with Norwich/Burnley. 
    We don’t know the full picture but something is off. 

Yes and we also said they can recall him in January but we hadn't had a phone call yet.
    The possibility was definitely there, because we made a point of saying it on more than one occasion.
    Hmmm. I don’t remember anyone saying ‘we hadn’t had a phone call yet’?

Bowyer said CG would be getting a well earned rest as players came back from injury, suggesting he was planning for Gallagher to be part of his plans. 

I thought It was said a couple of times.
    Sage also made a similar comment as me and he's never/rarely wrong.
    Bowyer: ‘I’m disappointed. I didn’t see this coming if I’m honest which makes it harder to take.’
  • edited January 2020
    Maybee they didnt like our worrying list of injuries and are protecting their asset by recalling
  • Sponsored links:

• ChiAddick said:
    I'm clinging onto the lack of official news...
    And less than an hour later...... shit!
  • Charlton do takeovers like Brian Harvey does reversing off his drive 
    I’m still laughing at this 6-minutes later
  • edited January 2020
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    I don't know why some fans think Chelsea recalled Gallagher with no warning.
    Ok they might have.
    What is also possible is they told us a couple of weeks ago that it was being considered.
    I definitely thought Bowyer and Gallen saying we hadn't had a recall call from them as yet, wasn't totally convincing.
    It was always only a phone call away.
    Nope. Gallen said he’d read all the reports of a recall but Chelsea were happy. 
    As @WhenIwasLittleBoy says; could well be that Connor fancied a crack at the Premiership with Norwich/Burnley. 
    We don’t know the full picture but something is off. 

Yes and we also said they can recall him in January but we hadn't had a phone call yet.
    The possibility was definitely there, because we made a point of saying it on more than one occasion.
    Hmmm. I don’t remember anyone saying ‘we hadn’t had a phone call yet’?

Bowyer said CG would be getting a well earned rest as players came back from injury, suggesting he was planning for Gallagher to be part of his plans. 

I thought It was said a couple of times.
    Sage also made a similar comment as me and he's never/rarely wrong.
    Bowyer: ‘I’m disappointed. I didn’t see this coming if I’m honest which makes it harder to take.’
    It's just my opinion I may be wrong.
    I put a link to the press conference on here at 2.27pm.
    Like I said, what Bowyer and Gallen said and what they may have been told could be different.
    Have a listen to it and see if you feel they came across as 100% confident & happy he was staying. 32m 30 secs.
    I think they suspected the worse and were hoping for the best.
  • I always preferred Gerrard to Lampard anyway
    But Gerrard stole Aribo.
  • I always preferred Gerrard to Lampard anyway
    Nah Paul Scholes!!... he got wasted thanks to those two
  • Time to find an alternative POTY vote. Dillon Phillips for me. 
  • It's one eyed to get upset at either Conor or Chelsea.

They/we loan out attacking players hoping they will be getting assists and goals, building up their confidence and potential value. That had stopped happening, and our style of play has become quite direct pretty much bypassing midfield interplay.

Our injury record is either a terrible coincidence or negligent mismanagement. Who was next?

Yeah... for Chelsea and Conor it makes sense completely. And let's face it, as much as he seemed a good guy, he wasn't a Charlton player and noone likes being on a regularly losing footy team.