Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Slightly off topic, but I need to go out half way through tonight's match. 

Will sky let me record a game that is on the red button? (I'm assuming we are in the red button for this one)
    I’m gonna guess a no , only on the basis that I know I can’t rewind when on the red button
    saying that it may be different if you have Sky Q , I’ve still got the old style sky box , sorry for being g no help whatsoever 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Even if you have a free VPN - Switch it on and pay £5 for the game, then switch it off :)
    Does that work?
    Worked for me last time, although stayed on the webpage rather than click off so might not work if you pay for it around this time of the day and then go back later

I presume though that ValleyPass will simply register that you've paid for the game and wont care about where you from for the midweek games though

Will sky let me record a game that is on the red button? (I'm assuming we are in the red button for this one)
    Reading online that you can, need to find the red button channels in the EPG.
  • If you are abroad, or pretend to be abroad, and are on Valley Pass you can buy the game for £5. If in the UK and on Valley Pass the midweek rules mean you can buy the game for £10.
    You can also buy the game for £10 without having to be on Valley Pass from ifollow because of the midweek rules.
    So if you are starting from scratch and only want to see this game then ifollow turns out to be the cheapest because you only have to register (free) on the Luton site and pay the £10. With the Charlton system starting from scratch you have to pay £60 to get in, and then either £5 (if...ahem...abroad) or £10 on top.
    So for tonight if you only want to see this one game then the Luton Town ifollow for £10 is the cheapest, and for tonight you won't need a VPN.
  • edited November 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Even if you have a free VPN - Switch it on and pay £5 for the game, then switch it off :)
    Does that work?
    Worked for me last time, although stayed on the webpage rather than click off so might not work if you pay for it around this time of the day and then go back later

I presume though that ValleyPass will simply register that you've paid for the game and wont care about where you from for the midweek games though
    Will try it tonight to watch on Xbox or Chromecast
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Does that work?

Yeah this worked for me as well. 
  • seth plum said:
    If you are abroad, or pretend to be abroad, and are on Valley Pass you can buy the game for £5. If in the UK and on Valley Pass the midweek rules mean you can buy the game for £10.
    You can also buy the game for £10 without having to be on Valley Pass from ifollow because of the midweek rules.
    So if you are starting from scratch and only want to see this game then ifollow turns out to be the cheapest because you only have to register (free) on the Luton site and pay the £10. With the Charlton system starting from scratch you have to pay £60 to get in, and then either £5 (if...ahem...abroad) or £10 on top.
    So for tonight if you only want to see this one game then the Luton Town ifollow for £10 is the cheapest, and for tonight you won't need a VPN.
    You do not need to pay the 60 quid, you can subscribe game by game, just like with iFollow.
  • seth plum said:
    If you are abroad, or pretend to be abroad, and are on Valley Pass you can buy the game for £5. If in the UK and on Valley Pass the midweek rules mean you can buy the game for £10.
     LMAO you're so against the Valley Pass option you're creating your own crazy pricing structure!
  • My mistake...I think.
    I thought you had to be on Valley Pass to buy the games one by one.
    For all the live games I thought you had to pay £110 for the whole season to watch from abroad, but to select individual matches you already have to be a member of the general Valley Pass system at £60 a year.
    What you're saying is that anybody can go to the website, simply pay £5 (£10) as a one off and watch the game without doing anything else.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    My mistake...I think.
    For all the live games I thought you had to pay £110 for the whole season to watch from abroad, but to select individual matches you already have to be a member of the general Valley Pass system at £60 a year.
    What you're saying is that anybody can go to the website, simply pay £5 (£10) as a one off and watch the game without doing anything else.
    So long as you're over seas or on a VPN this is correct. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    seth plum said:
    My mistake...I think.
    So long as you're over seas or on a VPN this is correct. 
    Or if you're in the UK you can still pay £10 for midweek games without a VPN
  • I paid a fiver for the Cardiff match before realising it wasn’t being shown on Valley Pass. How do I go about getting a refund? Any suggestions? 
  • edited November 2019
  • seth plum said:
    Stupid question maybe, but is using a VPN to access Valley Pass contravening their terms and conditions and therefore ... potentially ... illegal. If so, should we not be more careful promoting such activity on CL?

i know it’s not against UK law to use a VPN, but it can be illegal if not supported by the terms and conditions of e.g, Netflix. 
  • I paid a fiver for the Cardiff match before realising it wasn’t being shown on Valley Pass. How do I go about getting a refund? Any suggestions? 

VPsupport@cafc.co.uk
    They are gits front replying, if you haven't heard anything in 48 hrs throw a tweet in Charltons direction that gets them to wake up in minutes. ;)
    Try: website@cafc.co.uk mate.
    Try: website@cafc.co.uk mate.
    Cheers!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Does that work?
    Definitely worked this time round
  • Sponsored links:

• I've just got this:

I assume I need to refresh closer to kick off?
  • You should have pictures Dazzler, had video @ Luton for a good while now (with actual coverage just starting)

I’m gonna guess a no , only on the basis that I know I can’t rewind when on the red button
    saying that it may be different if you have Sky Q , I’ve still got the old style sky box , sorry for being g no help whatsoever 
    On Sky Q, it's a yes! :) 
    Happy days 
  • This is the smoothest log in -> buy -> play I've ever experienced doing this! About a minute and a half from logging in to watching
  • Leuth said:
    This is the smoothest log in -> buy -> play I've ever experienced doing this! About a minute and a half from logging in to watching
    Using what?
  • Just getting a black screen, anyone else the same? 
  • edited November 2019
    Working on the apps but neither Xbox or Chromecast working to put it on the tv.

iPad app will do i guess... Good enough for me and sound is perfectly synched.
  • Sky sports main event red button 
  • Does anyone know if you can have multiple devices running a stream if you have paid for a game?