Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• cafc-west said:
    Oooh, thanks !

Will give it a try .
    But don't bother until much closer to 3:00PM as nothing comes on-line until 2:45.
    Looks like we have lift off, thanks. 

Start time for access duly noted.

• edited December 2019
    My stream has been really crap and slow over Google Chromecast for the last few games, thinking maybe my VPN have changed the speeds they offer to free users - kept getting premium adverts recently. Anyone got any good recommendations for decent free ones?
  • RedRyan said:
    My stream has been really crap and slow over Google Chromecast for the last few games, thinking maybe my VPN have changed the speeds they offer to free users - kept getting premium adverts recently. Anyone got any good recommendations for decent free ones?
    Try using Opera with its free VPN as others have suggested on here; usually works fine, depending of course on the quality of the stream being broadcast in the first place.
  • Cheers, wasn't sure if I could Chromecast with any browser other than chrome but looks like there is a workaround. Will give it a go!
  • I have bought Express VPN and it has been excellent so far in terms of speed and ease. Getting the black screen today which is promising. I did a 1 month trial which runs out in a few days. I will probably keep it!
  • Express Nord and SurfEasy are all decent
  • Stream is up
  • Nord seems to work very well for me
  • Visuals of players warming up and music playing at the stadium right now

• edited December 2019
    I'd stay away from free a VPN as there is no guarantee your connection is secure and hidden. I've used express, ipvanish, Nord and PIA over the years and all worked well for me, for between £5-8 a month it's definitely worth it especially if you have Netflix and Amazon prime as you can access other regions content.
  • Sponsored links:

• Telling a company you are breaking a Companies T+Cs then expecting support seems a little weird, these companies have contracts they have to adhere to!

Try telling Netflix about using a VPN and see how far you get.
    Initially I did NOT tell them. I simply wrote that it could not be a rights issue because I was tuning in from Luxembourg. They wrote back that they "detected" a VPN in use, and then I told them exactly why it was in use.

Then let's indeed talk about their T&Cs. As Seth says, and as you know, people don't just use VPNs to disguise true locations, so I will be looking carefully at what T&C I agreed to in that respect. Then I shall look at whether the T&Cs gave me fair warning of how many games I would miss due to rights issues because I live in the Czech Republic. That's important because if you pay £110 and the number of games you can access is reduced from 46 to, say, 38 because of rights, you have been misled about the cost. That is against UK law. Furthermore, despite asking extensively, not one person locally can locate the mysterious Czech content provider who screened this live. Of course not, they have trouble flogging subs for the Czech top league. I've asked this shower to tell me who it is, so I can watch via that provider. But I am sure it does not exist. In which case I have been barred for no reason and they should compensate me.

But as I told them, I just want them to fix it so that I can watch the games I paid for. But they won't because they are obviously a weak two bob outfit.
    I forget which game it was but a few weeks there’s was one blocked in Canada because it was apparently being broadcast here but it most definitely was not televised anywhere.

I’m happy with the service overall but a bit miffed about paying for a season pass to then have multiple matches removed from the list of games I can watch after I’ve paid. I get this is somewhat outside the club’s control as games for broadcast are often selected mid season but it’s a bit of a rip off nonetheless. Fortunately I have other means to watch those matches, but I have effectively paid for them twice as a result. 
  • Opera definitely looks better than my free VPN but casting it still slows it down to a crawl. Must be a Chromecast or WiFi issue...
  • how do i go about cancelling my valley pass monthly subscription? The cancel button seems to have been removed....
  • RedRyan said:
    Opera definitely looks better than my free VPN but casting it still slows it down to a crawl. Must be a Chromecast or WiFi issue...

I don't think casting is possible using a VPN as the device you are casting from will be on a different IP address to the Chromecast so they can't connect. I've never managed to cast from my phone to TV with a VPN on my phone.

• Anyone else having problems on mobiles abroad?? 
  • How's the VP stream for everyone. 'king useless for me but don't know where the problem lies...
  • Perfect 
  • No stream issues here.
  • Cheers. Might be better off not seeing it at the moment. 
  • These northern commentators barely have a brain cell between them. Mind numbing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My IPTV provider has the VP stream and it's perfect here, even have crackle free commentary!!
  • RedRyan said:
    Opera definitely looks better than my free VPN but casting it still slows it down to a crawl. Must be a Chromecast or WiFi issue...

I don't think casting is possible using a VPN as the device you are casting from will be on a different IP address to the Chromecast so they can't connect. I've never managed to cast from my phone to TV with a VPN on my phone.

I can connect, it's just really slow and choppy. Just watching on my computer instead. Almost wish I hadn't :\
  • My stream keeps freezing 😞
  • VP Stream working well for me today
  • First time I’ve got on valley pass via PC I’ve had two failed attempts on iPad 
    all good last ten mins of first half I’ve seen ExpressVPN I use 
  • Commentary slightly behind the picture. Mind you there has been a lot of 'analysis' during play and i feel sorry for those with no visuals because that 'analysis' happens when things need describing to the 'blind' listener.
    It would be good if the commentators described what is happening first, and then if they feel qualified to analyse do it when there is a pause in play and the listener knows first how any re-start will happen.
    As in 'throw to Middlesborough deep in their half in the left back area'.....then analyse until 'and Middlesborough take the throw'.
  • Service is much better for me recently. Crackles and time lag have disappeared.

Only complaint now is that one of the commentators insists on pronouncing Oshilaja as Ossilaja. Getting right on my tits.
  • Service is much better for me recently. Crackles and time lag have disappeared.

Only complaint now is that one of the commentators insists on pronouncing Oshilaja as Ossilaja. Getting right on my tits.
    Doughty is also called Dougherty too much.
  • @Chef_addick.
    I am interested because there are and will be occasions where their commentary is all there is to go on. You say i moan about the commentary, well it is more precise than that, I moan about not describing what they can see to people who can't see it. Amazingly that complaint is not engaged with, even to the point of saying 'you can't expect the commentators to describe what is happening, that is unrealistic', what is engaged with is digging me out for making the point, as if how very dare I say such a thing.
    Is it so wrong to want the sighted commentators to describe to those who can't see what is going on and to save 'analysis' for clearly signalled breaks in play?