Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• I've been using a dodgy Chinese stream recently and it's nowhere near as good having iFollow commentary rather than the Charlton guys, i certainly miss them! Sadly there's still no paypal option and I can't really keep using my mums card to pay for games! Sadly it's almost impossible to get Visa card here as a foreigner. 
    Can you not open a Revolut account - just need a UK/Europe address and the rest is done through the app - or does the great firewall put paid to that? Its been handy for me when overseas cards arent accepted for UK purchases online.
  • I've been using a dodgy Chinese stream recently and it's nowhere near as good having iFollow commentary rather than the Charlton guys, i certainly miss them! Sadly there's still no paypal option and I can't really keep using my mums card to pay for games! Sadly it's almost impossible to get Visa card here as a foreigner. 
    Can you not open a Revolut account - just need a UK/Europe address and the rest is done through the app - or does the great firewall put paid to that? Its been handy for me when overseas cards arent accepted for UK purchases online.
    I've never really Tried as apart from VP I do fine with my Chinese cards and AliPay but I'll certainly have a look!  Cheers!

@PragueAddick I'll also try the email option

@seth plum I'm pretty sure they accept emails so I'm not sure what they could do to be more accessible, tbh, haven't you even emailed them in the past?
  • They don't invite emails when commentating so feedback in that way to signal problems, or even to comment on the game or whatever is not possible it seems.
    I've never really Tried as apart from VP I do fine with my Chinese cards and AliPay but I'll certainly have a look!  Cheers!

@PragueAddick I'll also try the email option

@seth plum I'm pretty sure they accept emails so I'm not sure what they could do to be more accessible, tbh, haven't you even emailed them in the past?
    I'd email Tom, top bloke. You never know, might be able to help. Not guaranteeing it though.
  • seth plum said:
    They don't invite emails when commentating so feedback in that way to signal problems, or even to comment on the game or whatever is not possible it seems.
    They definitely invite tweets. i got a name check for mine from Terry on Sat. The will prefer tweets becaue they are much easier to pick up and monitor while they are commentating. Especially as they frequently mention that they have to work with distinctly variable quality wifi at The Valley. 
  • Tweets mean being on Facebook or Twitter, or is it Instagram or what's up?
    These areas of the internet are highly questionable things that not everybody is at ease using and being a part of. 
  • seth plum said:
    Tweets mean being on Facebook or Twitter, or is it Instagram or what's up?
    These areas of the internet are highly questionable things that not everybody is at ease using and being a part of. 
    Hey Seth. 

We ask for Tweets as it’s the easiest way for us to commentate (watching the game) and checking for comments.

I have previously stated that I try to keep an eye on this thread and although I don’t actively ask to leave comments on here, I always try to look on here during the match in case there are issues, so always feel free to leave something here.

Greg. 
  • Greg.
    If you are commentating on a match, tweeting as you say is the 'easiest' way you get feedback, either about a technical issue like a frozen screen, or inaudibility, or whatever, and you invite tweets as comments from listeners (which sadly means you then need to go off piste as it were to mention them), may I indicate that it is not the 'easiest' for those who don't have or don't wish to have twitter and as a result it is a rarified non-inclusive form of in play feedback.
    I get that the entire universe is dedicated to facebook and twitter, and those in my position are an anachronism. My reply may elicit sighs and a rolling of eyes and an exasperation to 'get with the programme', but I really don't wish to be part of a corporation that wants to bombard me with advertising, especially to generate large profits on which virtually no tax is paid.
    If you think that everybody has access and is able to provide you with feedback during the game...well it isn't quite everybody.
  • He literally just said he checks this thread as well. 
  • seth plum said:
    Greg.
    If you are commentating on a match, tweeting as you say is the 'easiest' way you get feedback, either about a technical issue like a frozen screen, or inaudibility, or whatever, and you invite tweets as comments from listeners (which sadly means you then need to go off piste as it were to mention them), may I indicate that it is not the 'easiest' for those who don't have or don't wish to have twitter and as a result it is a rarified non-inclusive form of in play feedback.
    I get that the entire universe is dedicated to facebook and twitter, and those in my position are an anachronism. My reply may elicit sighs and a rolling of eyes and an exasperation to 'get with the programme', but I really don't wish to be part of a corporation that wants to bombard me with advertising, especially to generate large profits on which virtually no tax is paid.
    If you think that everybody has access and is able to provide you with feedback during the game...well it isn't quite everybody.
    You’re not the centre of the universe Seth and this is ValleyPass not the BBC charter. 

If you choose not to join social media sites like twitter, that’s entirely up to you but you’ve got no right to expect that the world bends itself to make your life easier if choose not to move with the general flow. A consequence of your choice is you can’t contact the ValleyPass commentators on match day. Boohoo. 

As far as I’m aware the comms team on ValleyPass are volunteers doing it for the love of the club. Last I heard, admittedly a while back, the club didn’t even cover their expenses although that might have changed. You’re lucky to have them at all and they go much further than they should be expected to to be contactable and engage with fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes I see that written above, but opening Charlton Life then blanks out the video. And it is also alluded to above by mentioning what is easiest twitter rather than Charlton Life. I must have missed it because I don't recall any in event invitations to leave feedback on Charlton Life anyway, but maybe that will be mentioned in the future. I wonder if the reach of Charlton Life encompasses everybody who is watching/trying to follow on Valley Pass anyway.
    It does not matter because I am sure that I am part of a very small minority.
    On Tuesday there will be enough to deal with regarding the stress of securing coverage of the Luton Town game and keeping abreast of what is happening in the match if the video stream goes down to also feedback to the organisation.
  • seth plum said:
    Greg.
    Of course we understand that Twitter isn't accesible for everyone, hence why I mentioned about this thread.

We speak to the comms team about any problems that arise and once we were told of issues the yesterday, we managed to pass them on ASAP and fixed within seconds. 

Additionally, the club have regularly published: If you have any queries email website@cafc.co.uk. For any technical problems email VPSupport@streamamg.com.

Should you don't get a reply on the day/that week, let me know and we can chase.

• seth plum said:
    Greg.
    You’re not the centre of the universe Seth and this is ValleyPass not the BBC charter. 

If you choose not to join social media sites like twitter, that’s entirely up to you but you’ve got no right to expect that the world bends itself to make your life easier if choose not to move with the general flow. A consequence of your choice is you can’t contact the ValleyPass commentators on match day. Boohoo. 

As far as I’m aware the comms team on ValleyPass are volunteers doing it for the love of the club. Last I heard, admittedly a while back, the club didn’t even cover their expenses although that might have changed. You’re lucky to have them at all and they go much further than they should be expected to to be contactable and engage with fans.
    Hey mate - cheers for the words, but just have to clarify something.

Just to confirm that have always had our expenses paid (since i've been involved at least!) and are always very well looked after by the comms team.

However, if they're reading, we'd love a new car each and a lifetime supply of Jaffa Cakes 😃

Yes to the car, no to the Jaffa Cakes
  • seth plum said:
    Greg.

Hey mate - cheers for the words, but just have to clarify something.

Just to confirm that we have always had our expenses paid (since i've been involved at least!) and we are always very well looked after by the comms team.

However, if they're reading, we'd love a new car each and a lifetime supply of Jaffa Cakes 😃

I’m pretty sure Pete Finch said that back in the bad old days that was the case but I might be misremembering. Either way, it’s good to hear you’re well looked after now. 

The point stands though, you’re giving up your free time to provide this service and, while I’m sure you enjoy it, there must be a lot more effort involved for you than just going to the match as if you were a regular fan in the stands. People have a right to expect a certain level of product for a paid for service, but I think people also sometimes forget that you’re not getting paid and it isn’t really you’re responsibility to fix technical issues.
  • Who’s remit is catering?  
    The boys need their Jaffa cakes.....
  • seth plum said:
    Greg.
    Always the victim, what an exhausting life to live.
  • seth plum said:
    Greg.
    It's kinda sad really.

Digging out a superb team over literally anything, the team take feedback over facebook, Twitter, forums and email yet its still not enough for poor abused seth.

If they gave him their phone number he'd have a whinge about them not sending a quid to pay for the texts.
  • seth plum said:
    Greg.
    Nothing I have written is about me being a victim, it has been about in game communication not being as comprehensive as it is made out.
    Perhaps you may care to contemplate what motivates you to write your comment, with particular regard to the word 'always'.
  • seth plum said:
    Greg.
    It's kinda sad really.

Digging out a superb team over literally anything, the team take feedback over facebook, Twitter, forums and email yet its still not enough for poor abused seth.

If they gave him their phone number he'd have a whinge about them not sending a quid to pay for the texts.
    If I were digging out a team you regard as superb I would comment on the audio commentary in more detail now that I am able to both see what is happening whilst hearing the commentary. I get that the long suffering commentary team can only cope with feedback that is full of praise so it is best to leave it there.
    I have not said I am abused, however you revert to your old habit of personalisation.
    Wouldn't it be great if this site had a facility for you, and certainly covered end to put me on ignore?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Greg.
    Nothing I have written is about me being a victim, it has been about in game communication not being as comprehensive as it is made out.
    Perhaps you may care to contemplate what motivates you to write your comment, with particular regard to the word 'always'.
    You can contact them by at least 4 different methods, how comprehensive would you like it to be?
  • In game communication is what the conversation was about (read back) prompted by prague mentioning technical issues.
  • So beyond the 4 possible methods (maybe discounting email  3), what would be a suitable method for you?
  • edited November 2019
    He wants to send carrier pigeons... Is that so hard to cater for in 2019? (Nearly 2020)
  • email because I could do it on the phone whilst still having the picture.
  • They accept email, although CL is probably quicker.
  • Even if you have a free VPN - Switch it on and pay £5 for the game, then switch it off :)
  • Even if you have a free VPN - Switch it on and pay £5 for the game, then switch it off :)
    Does that work?
  • Slightly off topic, but I need to go out half way through tonight's match. 

Will sky let me record a game that is on the red button? (I'm assuming we are in the red button for this one)