Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Weird - did the referee blow his whistle there before Mane shot? 

Edit - he didn’t, he blew immediately after the ball crossed the line  
  • Options
    Have that you bin dipping thieving cunts  1 1
  • Options
    This is actually getting ridiculous now
  • Options
    Fuck off Var 

• Options
    LiVARpool strikes twice 
    fuck off scouse twunts 
  • Options
    VAR and the offside rule is a fucking joke. 4 times this weekend they have given offside for millimetres if that, none should have been disallowed. its become a farce.  
  • Options
    As soon as it goes to VAR when Liverpool are playing, you just know it is going to go their way
  • Options
    It's ruining the game.
  • Options
    I guarantee 100 %
    Var goes to the big boys. 
    Should Charlton ever get back to the premier league pray that Var is  abolished. 
    We will never get a single decision. 
    Fuckin corrupt 
  • Options
    Both decisions were correct by the letter of the law I’m afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

how was Lallana sticking out his arm to deflect the ball not given as hand ball .. as has been said above any other team and that 'goal' would have been disallowed
  • Options
    Bollox 
  • Options
    Bollox 
    Hit his collar bone, which is just about fine.

this is where using the monitor would help, the ref gives himself an out, otherwise it’s re referring from Stockley Park
  • Options

how was Lallana sticking out his arm to deflect the ball not given as hand ball .. as has been said above any other team and that 'goal' would have been disallowed
    The ball didn’t hit his arm, it hit his shoulder. That one was fine.

Its the next one that annoyed me, the Wolves players hand was the only part of him that was offside, he cannot score with his hand so how is he gaining an advantage if only that part of his body is ahead of the last defender?

Its not so much an issue with VAR but an issue with the offside rule as currently constituted which is aggravated by VAR highlighting how inadequate it is. People are misdirecting their anger towards VAR. 
  • Options
    Perhaps, but VAR is exposing how shit a rule it is. It's becoming impossible to be even with the defender. How the heck can the Wolves player know he's half a step in front? 
  • Options
    There's an obvious 'umpire's call' way to settle this - a thick line across the pitch for both players' entire profiles - if attacker ahead but profiles overlapping stay with original decision, if defender ahead onside, if daylight offside. That fucking simple 
  • Options
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It should be 30 secs max per check, and if you can’t make a decision in that 30 seconds then you stay with the on field decision.

As for the ridiculous offside calls this weekend and all season, that is because of the offside rule, which needs looking at big time.
  • Options

I have no problem with the first decision. 
    But the second one was wrong. 
    When it comes to being offside it should only be about legs and toes.
    Not about any other parts of our body. 
    Now if me and you are standing level why should I be penalised because my penis protrudes a few inches more than yours 
  • Options
    They have to draw the line somewhere where they can be consistent or we will go back to having inconsistent decisions where you could make a stronger argument for the better teams getting more decisions.

How far offside is acceptable? 10cm? 20? What if the player is now 21cm offside?
  • Options

I have no problem with the first decision. 
    But the second one was wrong. 
    When it comes to being offside it should only be about legs and toes.
    Not about any other parts of our body. 
    Now if me and you are standing level why should I be penalised because my penis protrudes a few inches more than yours 
    The Wolves fella would still be offside if they changed it to legs and toes. It was his foot that was planted offside by less than an inch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross said:
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It should be 30 secs max per check, and if you can’t make a decision in that 30 seconds then you stay with the on field decision.

As for the ridiculous offside calls this weekend and all season, that is because of the offside rule, which needs looking at big time.
    When do you propose they start the clock on the 30 second timer?
  • Options
    Ross said:

As soon as they say they’re going to check it? When else would you?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    There's an obvious 'umpire's call' way to settle this - a thick line across the pitch for both players' entire profiles - if attacker ahead but profiles overlapping stay with original decision, if defender ahead onside, if daylight offside. That fucking simple 
    What if the attackers thick line is a millimetre ahead of the defenders thick line? Should we give them offside? We’re back to the same conundrum no matter how you slice it.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Ross said:

When play is stopped maybe? And why 30 seconds? That seems an arbitrary amount of time, what if the ref needs 30.5 seconds?
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Ross said:

When play is stopped maybe? And why 30 seconds? That seems an arbitrary amount of time, what if the ref needs 30.5 seconds?
    Oh ffs Callum, stop being pedantic with every argument against VAR. Do you see no fault with it at all? Your defence of it every time is growing tiresome.
  • Options
    Having listening to all the above posts. 
    I still hate Var.
  • Options
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I don’t even know whether to celebrate anymore 🙃<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/var?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#var</a></p>&mdash; Carl Ikeme (@Carl_Ikeme) <a href="">December 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Ross said:
    Ross said:

Oh ffs Callum, stop being pedantic with every argument against VAR. Do you see no fault with it at all? Your defence of it every time is growing tiresome.
    Not really - every question that I’m posing in response to everyone’s suggestions has to be thought about long and hard by IFAB. I know some of you are just here for a rant though so I suppose I won’t engage on this topic moving forward.

Bottom line is, it’s just a super computer giving us accurate information - people acting as if they think it’s just Dave making things up based off what he sees on his tele. Tens of thousands have been spent on the best technologies available in the 21st century.

People wanted correct decisions and this is the best way we have of getting them.

If you’re okay with dodgy lino decisions over what we have now then that’s fine but please don’t ever complain about a dodgy lino ever again.
  • Options
    we’re not that far away from all offsides being decided by computers in real time, tech is about 2/3 years away
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Ross said:
    Ross said:

Not really - every question that I’m posing in response to everyone’s suggestions has to be thought about long and hard by IFAB. I know some of you are just here for a rant though so I suppose I won’t engage on this topic moving forward.

Bottom line is, it’s just a super computer giving us accurate information - people acting as if they think it’s just Dave making things up based off what he sees on his tele. Tens of thousands have been spent on the best technologies available in the 21st century.

People wanted correct decisions and this is the best way we have of getting them.

If you’re okay with dodgy lino decisions over what we have now then that’s fine but please don’t ever complain about a dodgy lino ever again.
    I am and I would still likely moan occasionally but not half as much as I do over VAR and I don't even watch PL footy.