Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Checking ID at The Valley

Comments

• Options
    Last season I got into the covered end at least 3 times by scanning my previous years season ticket card, saying to the fella in the orange jacket that it didn't work and he just opened the gate up for me. Before anyone moans,I've bought an Adult season ticket this year. But it just goes to show the incompetence of the club that supporters can get away with this. 
  • Options
    not being funny minimum wage stewards don't care. 

its a few hours casual work on a saturday

IF roland was no longer i would buy an appropriate ticket, he does what he likes with my club so why can i do what i like with his finances

regarding the money argument - it doesnt make any difference imo its not as if he has not got the money - he just decides not to spend it and doesnt want us to be competitive. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Looks like our tone has been given extra curricular responsibility since his makro card was revoked.
  • Options
    in fairness i have valley gold membership, always give to charitable causes on here and am happy to. just if i can cost Roland a few quid then i will do it. 
  • Options
    What do you expect the club to do when they read on this forum that people are boasting that they are using children's tickets? 
    The same reason thieves get caught because they can't keep their traps shut when in pubs and clubs. 

The kudos of looking big among their peer group always gets the better of some folk.

Hush your mouths.

Anyone else think of Robert De Niro, Goodfellows and the fur coat?
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Halix said:
    sam3110 said:
    If you want to buy a ticket that requires you to be in a certain age bracket, expect to be questioned if you don't look that age/are borderline on that age.

They put out a warning before the first game of the season, what more could they have done?
    When people buy a match ticket on an ad hoc basis they don't scour the club site for info on what is required , where was this warning , I never received it 

I think a clear alert when you buy a concession ticket online as to the requirements of ID being needed would make sense and that is what more can be done 

apologies if it already is 
    But they do know they are falsely buying a cheaper ticket by lying about their age and that at some stage the club may wish this practice to stop, and enforce checks. 
    The issue here is with people who have a legit ticket not being allowed in because they can't prove their age.
    What sort of ID is a 16 year old supposed to carry.
    The club would probably suggest their driving license! 😂
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Red7Oak said:

Halix said:
    sam3110 said:
    If you want to buy a ticket that requires you to be in a certain age bracket, expect to be questioned if you don't look that age/are borderline on that age.

They put out a warning before the first game of the season, what more could they have done?
    When people buy a match ticket on an ad hoc basis they don't scour the club site for info on what is required , where was this warning , I never received it 

I think a clear alert when you buy a concession ticket online as to the requirements of ID being needed would make sense and that is what more can be done 

But they do know they are falsely buying a cheaper ticket by lying about their age and that at some stage the club may wish this practice to stop, and enforce checks. 
    The issue here is with people who have a legit ticket not being allowed in because they can't prove their age.
    The club would probably suggest their driving license! 😂
    Funnily enough...
    You can get a provisional driving licence at 15 and nine months, so i ordered one today for my son. Hopefully it will get him through security.
  • Options

IF roland was no longer i would buy an appropriate ticket, he does what he likes with my club so why can i do what i like with his finances

regarding the money argument - it doesnt make any difference imo its not as if he has not got the money - he just decides not to spend it and doesnt want us to be competitive. 
    And getting into Forest's ground on a child ticket? How is that depriving RD of money?

Or does that just show you're willing to rob anybody?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And getting into Forest's ground on a child ticket? How is that depriving RD of money?

Or does that just show you're willing to rob anybody?
    Willing to rob anybody, christ! Why do some people think they can sit on such a high horse because they are law abiding citizens & have never put a foot wrong in there life. Also, why are some people going on like it is there money? 
  • Options
    Some people displaying signs of anxiety for other people's money and decision making, mixed with some deeper seated fear of transgression perhaps? 
  • Options
    Halix said:
    sam3110 said:

I understand, but I was thinking more about those who are deliberately buying tickets to which they are not entitled, of which a number have already posted on here.
  • Options
    The website wouldn't let me buy student tickets online - no idea why - so my daughter and her boyfriend came in as under-18s, thus defrauding the club of a total of £6. We made sure we're went through a steward-free turnstile.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Halix said:
    sam3110 said:

Sorry, wrong. The issue here is people defrauding the club, and the club trying to clamp down on it.

Yes, your son has got the wrong end of it, but in the future he can take his passport, or some sort of ID to prove his age.

Take any complaints with those who think being a crook is in any way cool, or clever...
    Why should decent, law abiding people be inconvenienced because of the activities of criminal scum?

That's a big problem of society today in my opinion. Broad brush approach inconveniencing everyone rather than rooting out and punishing the scum.
    How can they root out the scum without checking people? 

I agree they need to advertise more widely they are clamping down on those sneakies, but it doesn't sit right with me criticizing the club for trying to find out who is taking advantage of the club.  
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    LenGlover said:
    Halix said:
    sam3110 said:

Sorry, wrong. The issue here is people defrauding the club, and the club trying to clamp down on it.

Yes, your son has got the wrong end of it, but in the future he can take his passport, or some sort of ID to prove his age.

Take any complaints with those who think being a crook is in any way cool, or clever...
    Why should decent, law abiding people be inconvenienced because of the activities of criminal scum?

That's a big problem of society today in my opinion. Broad brush approach inconveniencing everyone rather than rooting out and punishing the scum.
    How can they root out the scum without checking people? 

I agree they need to advertise more widely they are clamping down on those sneakies, but it doesn't sit right with me criticizing the club for trying to find out who is taking advantage of the club.  
    Concessionary season tickets have already gone through age verification in order to obtain the concession in the first place and been paid for already prior to the season.

Therefore season ticket holders should be left alone as they have already been 'vetted.' We don't (yet) live in a Police State where we need to show the fluorescent jacketed Gestapo our inside leg measurement details whenever they demand it. 

I have to say, from my experience of attending Wembley, the Club website only made adult tickets visible to users and, whilst I am computer illiterate, my daughters are not and they couldn't see how to purchase concessions either. I was compelled therefore to buy  adult tickets all round even though two of us were entitled to concessions.

Yes, before somebody says it, I had the choice not to go to Wembley at all if I didn't want to buy adult tickets.

If the original situation has nothing to do with season tickets then they do not and should not embarrass and harass decent law abiding people who have purchased the correct ticket. I understand decent season ticket holders missed the kick off because of the delays caused by this nonsense and by all accounts the stewards enjoyed exerting their little bit of power.

Brian Cole should make an announcement every time that he announces the next home match details that non season ticket holders with a concessionary ticket should bring identity in case they are searched.

It is still an abusive affront to personal liberty in my opinion, because of the selfish scum that ruin it for their fellow fans, but at least fans will have been told.

Wednesday night was a farce it seems.
  • Options
    giving Roland as little money as possible - good 
    That’s fair enough if people want to do that, just gives you less voice along with those boycotting to complain when the budget for players is low or someone is sold to reduce losses if you are purposely starving the club core income (yes I know central income now dwarfs ticket income). 
    Very surprised by that comment.

Comparing people deliberately buying underage tickets to those making a conscious decision to withhold money from the ownership.

Poor form.
  • Options
    My 12 year old Grandson was told he needed ID for his u17 season ticket. He doesn't look 17 at all. They are an absolute bunch of wankers. He doesn't have any I'd as such anyway.

Also we went through the correct procedure when buying his season ticket, fucking shambles again at Charlton what a surprise.

i guess they are only doing that sort of job because they are to thick to do anything decent.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    What if people don't have passports?

I know it's a strange concept for the rich remainers that come up with this nonsense but a substantial number of people are unable to afford foreign holidays or any holidays at all come to that. 

I guess such peasants don't come under Charlton's 'diversity' deadlines....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I know it's a strange concept for the rich remainers that come up with this nonsense but a substantial number of people are unable to afford foreign holidays or any holidays at all come to that. 

I’m imagine everyone got a birth certificate, if your getting desperate 
  • Options
    Today I tried to purchase online an under 11 ticket for the Brentford match for a grandchild, in the seat next to myself & Mr F. who both hold season tickets .

The message came up that I couldn't buy a ticket for an under 11 as he/she wasn't accompanied by an adult making a purchase, presumably at the same time....

So, a phone call to sort this ridiculous issue was required....

But of course it's Thursday ! 

Wonder whether I'll be asked to prove the recipient is under 11 ? 
  • Options
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

It really winds me up though when decent law abiding people suffer and are inconvenienced because of a selfish minority.

I believe genuinely that my passport point is a valid one but yes 'rich remainers' is probably me getting carried away with alliterative rhetoric....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

A birth certificate isn’t a form of ID.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

A birth certificate isn’t a form of ID.
    A very good point, sorry 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    LenGlover said:

Yeah bloody brexit nazis running the turnstiles.

Jesus christ 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

It really winds me up though when decent law abiding people suffer and are inconvenienced because of a selfish minority.

I believe genuinely that my passport point is a valid one but yes 'rich remainers' is probably me getting carried away with alliterative rhetoric....
    99% of the population has some form of ID, really dont see why such a big fuss is being made of all this. 

Bus pass, driving license, photo copy of passport... it's really not that much of a hassle.