Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Checking ID at The Valley

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

It really winds me up though when decent law abiding people suffer and are inconvenienced because of a selfish minority.

I believe genuinely that my passport point is a valid one but yes 'rich remainers' is probably me getting carried away with alliterative rhetoric....
    99% of the population has some form of ID, really dont see why such a big fuss is being made of all this. 

Bus pass, driving license, photo copy of passport... it's really not that much of a hassle.
    Just what every teenager carries to a football match.
    I bet they would carry it with no fuss made if they wanted to get into a club. 

Scan and print a copy, it's really not that hard or take a shot and keep it on your phone... I'm sure a teenager is capable of doing that :) 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

It really winds me up though when decent law abiding people suffer and are inconvenienced because of a selfish minority.

I believe genuinely that my passport point is a valid one but yes 'rich remainers' is probably me getting carried away with alliterative rhetoric....
    99% of the population has some form of ID, really dont see why such a big fuss is being made of all this. 

Bus pass, driving license, photo copy of passport... it's really not that much of a hassle.

Scan and print a copy, it's really not that hard or take a shot and keep it on your phone... I'm sure a teenager is capable of doing that :) 
    We've done that now and I've ordered him a provisional driving licence. Last night though he would have been refused entry even though he has a valid season ticket. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

I bet thet would carry it with no fuss made if they wanted to get into a club. 

But given that fans were evidently given no warning whatsoever of these draconian requirements how do they know what is 'acceptable' ID? Under 17s without passports won't have driving licences so are they not allowed to go as they don't have the 'right' ID even though they (their parents) have paid for their season ticket?

I trust the Club has staff available to refund those fans legitimately holding tickets not allowed in by the Nazis?

Thought not.

Brian Cole should announce any ID requirements for the next match when he advises of the next home match after the final whistle.

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

Yes mate every 12 year old has them and carries them everywhere they go, you'd make a bloody good jobs worth.

do the club want to get a new generation of fans or would they rather loose them to other clubs because of their facist thugs who patrol this and haven't got half a brain between them.
  • Options
    I'm all for given the club criticism when due but this has got a little bit silly;

That said T&C's are a year out of date  B)

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/buy-tickets/match-ticket-ts-and-cs

2. Supporters aged 65 or over on August 1st 2018, who are classed as senior concessions, and supporters aged under 11 years, under 18, under 21 or student, will be entitled to a discounted ticket. Proof of age must be given in the format of a birth certificate or passport. (The club reserve the right to obtain this information at the time of purchase for a discounted ticket) All prices include VAT at the appropriate rate. 

So by the clubs own T&C's proof of age must be given and this may be at time of purchase. Although I suspect they have realised that anyone with a child can use their ID spare checking at the turnstiles.

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

I bet thet would carry it with no fuss made if they wanted to get into a club. 

But given that fans were evidently given no warning whatsoever of these draconian requirements how do they know what is 'acceptable' ID? Under 17s without passports won't have driving licences so are they not allowed to go as they don't have the 'right' ID even though they (their parents) have paid for their season ticket?

I trust the Club has staff available to refund those fans legitimately holding tickets not allowed in by the Nazis?

Thought not.

Brian Cole should announce any ID requirements for the next match when he advises of the next home match after the final whistle.

I read it online before Barnsley game that ticket checks would be happening. 

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Redrobo said:
     My son had his season ticket with him that shows he is under 18 and the club have his history. What better proof can you have!
    Quite.

And you will have supplied proof of age at the time of purchase as @Rob7Lee points out.

We don't get season tickets unless they have been paid for!

I ask again. Why the need to furnish ID again in those circumstances?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

Yes mate every 12 year old has them and carries them everywhere they go, you'd make a bloody good jobs worth.

do the club want to get a new generation of fans or would they rather loose them to other clubs because of their facist thugs who patrol this and haven't got half a brain between them.
    At 12 you are not a teenager. Just saying 😉

At 12 you would also have an under 18 ticket. Should be safe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just had my sister ringing up moaning at me about the jobsworths refusing to let my 19 year old nephew and his friend in with an u-21 ticket 
    she bought the tickets online and claims there was no clear notice to bring ID for athe ticket she bought online
    They were refused entry and told to go and buy an adult ticket

Luckily I had a picture of his PASSPORT on my phone which I sent her and the other friend has got to trudge back up the hill to his car to get his ID 

I understand they have a job to do but I think the requirements should be made clearer to all and sundry about ID being needed and discretion should be available I mean if he was trying an u-16 jobbie i could understand

anyone else had a problem ?

I had the same last night, I have been on holiday, My Brother who sits next to me is just going on holiday he phoned me last night asking did I want his S/T so one of my lads can sit next to me, I shot over to Bromley to pick it up.
    I texted my son to come straight from work and meet me outside the turnstiles, he arrived a bit late just before KO, so without even thinking just gave him the S/T we queued up got in only to be stopped as we got through by Steward asking my lad for ID as he like me had an old gits ticket I then realised and said oh xxxx he will go and get an upgrade.
    The steward then took the season ticket and said he will have to go out and purchase an adult ticket, so I have to ring the valley up to go and hopefully get my Brothers S/T  back. This was my first game this season but looking just now this is printed in an email T&C'S when purchasing   S/T ( Please note: If you are in possession of an aged-related concession ticket when you try to gain entrance to The Valley on a matchday, CAFC reserve the right to ask you to provide identification to prove you qualify for the concession}.There was a good outcome in the end, plus not a bad result. I do not blame anybody for this I just made a mistake in the heat of the moment.
     We have in the past bought upgrades. If my memory serves me well years ago they used to open the big corrugated gates at half time and you could walk in that was about 50 years ago though.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

A. How many 12 years olds look 18 ?
    B. It was warned on the website before Barnsley 
    C. Facist thugs, wtf are you on about..
    D. If you wanna get pissy, aim it at the people that were getting in on the wrong tickets.

• Options

As I've said a gazillion times , at the point of sale online there should be a big warning letting everyone know buying a concession ticket that ID will be required , not a few lines on the poxy website in a pre match write up for a previous fixture 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

A. How many 12 years olds look 18 ?
    B. It was warned on the website before Barnsley 
    C. Facist thugs, wtf are you on about..
    D. If you wanna get pissy, aim it at the people that were getting in on the wrong tickets.

A exactly
    B as explained if you read it he has a season ticket and has no other I/d other than a birth certificate which proves nothing when confronted by a thug who wants photo I/d
    C The pricks that monitor the system, I think their official title is stewards most are thugs.
    D Common sense would dictate that a better format was in place for season ticket holders. Photo I/d on the card perhaps.
    E If you don't like my opinion tough I don't give a shit.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Redrobo said:
     My son had his season ticket with him that shows he is under 18 and the club have his history. What better proof can you have!
    Quite.

And you will have supplied proof of age at the time of purchase as @Rob7Lee points out.

And how do I show proof of age for my grandchild when purchasing  online ???? Never had this problem in the past.

Presumably not EVERY child entering the ground will be asked for proof of age , so  it's down to stewards' discretion ? 

Think we need a darn sight more stewards inside the turnstiles into the East Stand if this is done "fairly" ie EVERY child/possible over 65 is asked for proof of their age. A random /" don't like the look of you" type check is totally unreasonable IMO.
  • Options
    A friend of mine in his seventies sometimes uses my daughter's adult season ticket when she is unable to attend.

Where does all this leave us? He could pay less to get in.

Will that bother them?
  • Options
    I’ve got another ticket trick if any of you tight vote outers want it ;)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Redrobo said:
    Quite.

To be fair to the club, evening games are the ones that jnr reds are less likely to make due to bedtime and therefore there is an empty seat that has been paid for and is passed to a friend.

I don’t really blame the club in making a stand. I do blame them on the way they have gone about it. Advertise that checks are going to be made, put up signs outside turnstiles, have a warning flash up when concession tickets are sold, cover it at Fans Forum. In a word, communication.

Don’t leave it to someone poor sap on minimum wage. It all has the smack of Tubby Tone - the lard man promoted above his ability.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    What if people don't have passports?

I know it's a strange concept for the rich remainers that come up with this nonsense but a substantial number of people are unable to afford foreign holidays or any holidays at all come to that. 

I guess such peasants don't come under Charlton's 'diversity' deadlines....
    You're slipping Len, you forgot to mention an anti-age bias. And parking tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    LenGlover said:

I know it's a strange concept for the rich remainers that come up with this nonsense but a substantial number of people are unable to afford foreign holidays or any holidays at all come to that. 

You're slipping Len, you forgot to mention an anti-age bias. And parking tickets.
    Mellowing@Off_it , mellowing  ;)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Off_it said:
    LenGlover said:

Mellowing@Off_it , mellowing  ;)
    More likely your just getting more forgetful mate .....

Now, where did I put my phone?
  • Options

As I've said a gazillion times , at the point of sale online there should be a big warning letting everyone know buying a concession ticket that ID will be required , not a few lines on the poxy website in a pre match write up for a previous fixture 
    If there are ID requirements it would make sense to print it on the ticket. 
  • Options
    Surely if they warn everyone no one would get caught, seems pointless.

T and Cs make it pretty clear you can be asked for ID if using a concession ticket, some of you are going waaaaay OTT here and if you've used the word 'nazi' on this thread you should be ashamed.
  • Options
    Just because a fan showed ID to prove something before the season started doesn’t mean they stuck to the rules all season.  You’re being naive if you think everyone is that honest and that the club should trust people.  I don’t agree with the approach and method but I certainly don’t blame the club for trying to prevent people taking the piss.

I know someone who has 2 season tickets. An adult in a cheap bit and a kid st in an expensive bit and only sits with family in the expensive bit. And has no kid. Used her nephews name.   That irks me. 

• Options

shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Rich remainers, FFS Len!
    Point taken.

At the last census, 17% of the British population didn't have a passport. That's roughly 1 in 6 people. Yes, some will have other forms of ID, but some won't. Children are the least likely to have any form of ID, so it's absurd if the club are asking for ID to sell children's tickets, as was Nicholas's experience:

Nicholas said:
    Tried to buy a ticket for my 4 year old boy for Saturday's game yesterday and was told no that they need proof of his passport, which I obviously didn't have with me. He then said where is he today then, I repeated again he is 4 and I live in essex so he wont be attending any night games. 

May not bring him at all Saturday now as I dont want to piss around the ticket office for ages trying to get him a ticket.
    No one can seriously complain about the club taking reasonable steps to prevent people fraudulently buying underage tickets, but the above example is ridiculous. Having to take your child's passport with you to buy them a ticket for a football match is farcical.

I also don't like the tone of some of the comments from stewards that have been reported here. Telling someone that's under 18 that they are over 18, or insuating that someone is trying to defraud the club because they didn't take a four-year-old to an evening game, isn't on. I hope people that have experienced this complain to the club.
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:

Halix said:
    sam3110 said:
    If you want to buy a ticket that requires you to be in a certain age bracket, expect to be questioned if you don't look that age/are borderline on that age.

They put out a warning before the first game of the season, what more could they have done?
    When people buy a match ticket on an ad hoc basis they don't scour the club site for info on what is required , where was this warning , I never received it 

I think a clear alert when you buy a concession ticket online as to the requirements of ID being needed would make sense and that is what more can be done 

apologies if it already is 
    But they do know they are falsely buying a cheaper ticket by lying about their age and that at some stage the club may wish this practice to stop, and enforce checks. 
    The issue here is with people who have a legit ticket not being allowed in because they can't prove their age.
    What sort of ID is a 16 year old supposed to carry.
    The club would probably suggest their driving license! 😂
    Or a Freedom pass.
  • Options
    Halix said:
    sam3110 said:
    If you want to buy a ticket that requires you to be in a certain age bracket, expect to be questioned if you don't look that age/are borderline on that age.

They put out a warning before the first game of the season, what more could they have done?
    When people buy a match ticket on an ad hoc basis they don't scour the club site for info on what is required , where was this warning , I never received it 

I think a clear alert when you buy a concession ticket online as to the requirements of ID being needed would make sense and that is what more can be done 

But they do know they are falsely buying a cheaper ticket by lying about their age and that at some stage the club may wish this practice to stop, and enforce checks. 
    The issue here is with people who have a legit ticket not being allowed in because they can't prove their age.
    London 16 year olds will have a Zip card for free travel.

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Halix said:
    sam3110 said:

London 16 year olds will have a Zip card for free travel.

But we’re in Kent. 
  • Options

giving Roland as little money as possible - good 
    That’s fair enough if people want to do that, just gives you less voice along with those boycotting to complain when the budget for players is low or someone is sold to reduce losses if you are purposely starving the club core income (yes I know central income now dwarfs ticket income). 
    So let's all spend more and the budget will go up and we'll keep the better players for longer 
    Hopefully everyone will start buying adult tickets and we can offer Lyle Taylor a new deal
    WUM!