Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    The worth of a season ticket in terms of preferential treatment for restricted ticket matches demonstrated loud and clear.

460 points (2 years) not enough it would seem.

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

People with two years STs and away games get more points.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Bit late for me to be whining and asking now but for the last couple of seasons inc last season up to the game before the playoff final I always brought tickets over the phone via my red card then the playoff semi final and Wembley and season tickets were all brought online and given loyalty points yet nothing I brought over the phone last season has been credited??

• Options
    edited October 2019
    robroy said:
    robroy said:
    @Big_Bad_World Got to give it to you, I do enjoy reading your posts! All friendly banter 

See you in the Kings Head for a pint :) 
    Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 
    If I was around LB I'd be tempted to take you up on your kind offer. However, I'll be holed up in one of the few hostelries left locally near the ground.
    I'll be drinking somewhere reasonably close to the ground after the game - Surrey Quays probably, or in the Blue.

I will have my sons to protect me and my Millwall (spit) supporting brother-in-law as my cover.

Would be honoured to buy you a pint.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    robroy said:
    robroy said:
    @Big_Bad_World Got to give it to you, I do enjoy reading your posts! All friendly banter 

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 
    If I was around LB I'd be tempted to take you up on your kind offer. However, I'll be holed up in one of the few hostelries left locally near the ground.
    I'll be drinking somewhere reasonably close to the ground after the game - Surrey Quays probably.

I will have my sons to protect me and my Millwall (spit) supporting brother-in-law as my cover.
    Even I wouldn't drink in The Quays ;)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 
    I'll be drinking somewhere reasonably close to the ground after the game - Surrey Quays probably.

I wouldn't as a rule - I'll try to convince him to drink in the Blue.
  • Options
    I hope everybody stops worrying about external issues on this.
    It promises to be a much more intriguing actual football match than usual, and yes because for Charlton we might be able to approach this match having gone from no chance status to a maybe.
    For the first time since forever Charlton has, dare I say some of the more positive Millwallesque characteristics. A winning mentality, competitive, good support, and support player synergy.
    Millwall are now experiencing transition, but given the history of this fixture I fully expect their crowd and players to rise to the occasion which from Charlton's point of view could be bad news unless they can step up more than they usually do in these fixtures.
    It is still possible to enjoy this match as having the features of a good footballing contest, where what happens on the pitch is of much more interest than what happens off it.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 

The pub of choice there is the Bank. I may well be in there briefly. If I see you I'll give you a nudge and a wink :)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    The worth of a season ticket in terms of preferential treatment for restricted ticket matches demonstrated loud and clear.

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

But paying £30 into Valley Gold gets you enough priority over a 2 years of season tickets + 3 away games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    LenGlover said:

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

But paying £30 into Valley Gold gets you enough priority over a 2 years of season tickets + 3 away games
    On it's own?

Not been closely following the points system as don't have a ST or VG but has that increased?

Seems disproportionate.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    LenGlover said:

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

On it's own?

Not been closely following the points system as don't have a ST or VG but has that increased?

Seems disproportionate.
    Totally disproportionate. Was changed after Reading, maybe due to a complaint from a Trust Board member and taken on by the Valley Gold Committee
  • Options
    @bobmunro are you a Probation officer? 😉
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    LenGlover said:

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

On it's own?

Seems disproportionate.
    Unfortunately so HI.

The phase of which the game was then sold out went to 500 points or Valley Gold. People who had attended a total of 49 games in the last two years were unable to but someone who could in theory have not attended even anywhere near half that amount, but have Valley Gold, were able to purchase.

I think that’s one of the reasons as to why some people are frustrated.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    LenGlover said:

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

On it's own?

Seems disproportionate.
    Totally disproportionate. Was changed after Reading, maybe due to a complaint from a Trust Board member and taken on by the Valley Gold Committee
    seems odd.

Which Trust?

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    LenGlover said:

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

On it's own?

Seems disproportionate.
    seems odd.

Which Trust?

The supporters trust
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    LenGlover said:

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

I agree - it does seem disproportionate.

The big sellout yesterday afternoon at Phase 5 should perhaps not have been 500 or VG - perhaps 500 and VG. No axe to grind as I got mine - and I'm both 500+ and VG.

Perhaps away tickets should count double? I don't know.

But certainly spending £30 to guarantee tickets for someone who may not even know where The Valley is does seem a bit unfair.

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    @bobmunro are you a Probation officer? 😉
    Social worker.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Bit late for me to be whining and asking now but for the last couple of seasons inc last season up to the game before the playoff final I always brought tickets over the phone via my red card then the playoff semi final and Wembley and season tickets were all brought online and given loyalty points yet nothing I brought over the phone last season has been credited??

Sounds as if the original membership number has not been paired up with your one with your ST. Happened to me in the past but didn’t get round to changing it so now just use my current ST membership number.

Contact the ticket office and explain and hopefully they sort it out because essentially it was their cock up that hasn’t enabled you to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    LenGlover said:

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

On it's own?

Seems disproportionate.
    seems odd.

Which Trust?

The supporters trust
    Not going to comment on that then in case Chizz starts Sealioning me again : - )

VG is sold as a benefit so it should give some priority for away tickets but it should be consistent.

But I suspect this has all been gone over before.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Also, anyone know why the club allocates 10 points for a home game purchased in advance, but only 5 when it comes to the day of the game?

Why does it matter when it was purchased, every ticket means the same and therefore each home ticket should be worth the same amount of loyalty points. 
    I assume to give an incentive to buy earlier and ease congestion before the game 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    LenGlover said:

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

On it's own?

Seems disproportionate.
    seems odd.

Which Trust?

The supporters trust
    Not going to comment on that then in case Chizz starts Sealioning me again : - )

VG is sold as a benefit so it should give some priority for away tickets but it should be consistent.

But I suspect this has all been gone over before.
    It was all gone over before. At the start of last season the club held a meeting with the Trust and any interested supporters and as a result a priorty system was put in place linked to the points and we went the whole of last season and 3 games into this with that system.

Since then it has been changed with the result anyone with 495 points could not purchase a Millwall ticket but anyone paying up to £30 into Valley Gold could purchase a ticket
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    LenGlover said:

Hey ho.
    And quite rightly IMHO.

On it's own?

Seems disproportionate.
    It did to go from one extreme to the other, the VG benefit. I wonder if VG has had a big increase in membership as a result...
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 

The pub of choice there is the Bank. I may well be in there briefly. If I see you I'll give you a nudge and a wink :)
    I'll be the old geyser in a Charlton shirt in the corner being pummeled as I attempt to sing 'Valley Floyd Road'. You will spot me easily.

Guys this isn't tinder, if you are going to arrange a date surely you can DM each other :P
    Don't let them come between us, @bobmunro

We're making strides towards a harmonious bond between Spanners and Anoraks. The likes of which were never thought possible.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I don't expect much sympathy but this is the first away game in 51 years that I have wanted to go to yet have been unable to secure a ticket.

Had a season ticket since 1974 and many on here will know went to probably 80 % away games up until last 5 years, where I have cut back on away games due to a mix of playing tennis and sad to say discontent at how we have been playing/Duchatelet. Would still have done more if not for the ludicrous coach travel pick up arrangements. 

In my mind going through so much pain during the Selhurst years and bleak nights up at Burnley Blackpool Bradford Oldham Tranmere etc etc with the normal 250 fans ought to entitle me to a ticket but there you go.

I agree that the Valley Gold priority is unfair.
  • Options
    I bought via the Valley Gold route, but was surprised that it only took a quarterly subscription. 

A fairer way may be if at least you’ve paid a full year’s worth for it (4 quarters in accumulation, or the full £120 up front)?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 

I'll be the old geyser in a Charlton shirt in the corner being pummeled as I attempt to sing 'Valley Floyd Road'. You will spot me easily.

Guys this isn't tinder, if you are going to arrange a date surely you can DM each other :P

We're making strides towards a harmonious bond between Spanners and Anoraks. The likes of which were never thought possible.
    We'll be sitting together in a non-segregated stadium next season, unpoliced as well.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 

We'll be sitting together in a non-segregated stadium next season, unpoliced as well.
    I have it on good authority that you'll be one of a handful of fans allowed to stand throughout ;)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 

Already achieved, BBW. They said (her mum did anyway) that it wouldn't work but I've been married 32 years to a spanner (thankfully converted but it finally took a trip to Wembley!), from a family of spanners.

Thankfully the out-laws held no sway with our two sons who are both dyed in the wool anoraks, who along with me will both be at London's finest stadium on 9 November.