Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    In fact, I’m pretty sure that day was the last time anyone got the bottom tier, and we’ve played plenty of big ‘mild’ clubs since then so that backs up my point 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Flares and ripped up seats came from the upper tier. Good thing they didn't just allocated us the lower tier!

System isn't perfect but better than it used to be. Feel free to argue amongst yourselfs for the next 2 weeks before moaning about losing a derby and people standing.  :sleeping:
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    I’ve just got two and i’m not even going!
    So if anyone is desperate to go i’ve got two adult tickets available.
    Why would you buy them?
    For people who can’t get them.
    But they will sell out. They can't get them because others have more loyalty points... 
    As one of the direct beneficiaries of the situation, I'd like to offer my tuppenny's worth. This is quite long-winded.

I have 250 loyalty points, from getting a season ticket this year, after three seasons without, due to dissatisfaction with the ownership. I now have a ST in spite of Duchatelet, and because of Bowyer. 

I went to nearly every home game last year and a handful of away games. This has been the case since I became an adult, with the exception of when I was at university in a different part of the country - but even then, I still had a season ticket, which I allowed others to use free of charge when I wasn't about (so most of the season). When I was at uni, I still went to various away games, too. We were in League One at the time, so this wasn't difficult.

The "loyalty" scheme came in while near the nadir of Roland's tenure thus far: I had no intention of getting a season ticket, and accordingly, match ticket purchases were limited, so I didn't accrue any meaningful number of points.

I think the scheme rewards recency bias in a time where there has been great fan unrest. I definitely don't have enough loyalty points from the last couple of seasons to get tickets, but based on, well, my lifetime support for this club, it would be churlish to deem me undeserving of a ticket.

Someone might disagree, but the points system is - for a club in our situation - a flawed metric. Perhaps necessary, but flawed nonetheless.
    You chose to boycott, as did others.

Your history as a supporter means absolutely nothing for the loyalty system, and that is the way it should be. It doesn't matter if someone had a season ticket for 30years straight. If they haven't had one for the past 3 years they shouldn't get priority over those that have been going for the past 2 seasons.

If we went my lifelong history, no new fans would ever get tickets.
    But equally - and of course, this doesn't apply to me - what if fans couldn't attend, or get season tickets etc, for reasons beyond their control (a work placement or ill health or financial difficulties or something)?

I don't think the loyalty system is bad at all. More that it is flawed, and new enough that there are teething problems. In a few seasons, I'm certain the system will be more reflective of and prioritise, for want of a better term, those who deserve it more.
    But surely those who have gone most last 16 months deserve it and have more points to get tickets at first few phases? 

In another 12 months time that will again be the case in that the people who have gone most will be rewarded by first phases as they deserve. 

Can’t see how the system now is not reflective of that? 
    Because it's in its infancy at the minute and starts from an arbitrary point with zero purchasing history taken into account before the introduction of the scheme.

I stand by what I said above - i.e. in a few seasons, the points system will be better, because there will be more data to work with.
    But it will only ever be on a 2 year basis I believe so at the end of this year 18/19 season will come off. 

It had to start somewhere if you go back where you drew the line? 

I feel for those who missed out and if they had given us the lower tier it would be fine but the loyalty system is fair and does what it was set out to do reward most regular attending fans it really is that simple. 

I think the 2 per person thing is possibly the most unfair ? Most other clubs do it 1 per person.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Why would you buy them?
    But they will sell out. They can't get them because others have more loyalty points... 
    As one of the direct beneficiaries of the situation, I'd like to offer my tuppenny's worth. This is quite long-winded.

I have 250 loyalty points, from getting a season ticket this year, after three seasons without, due to dissatisfaction with the ownership. I now have a ST in spite of Duchatelet, and because of Bowyer. 

I went to nearly every home game last year and a handful of away games. This has been the case since I became an adult, with the exception of when I was at university in a different part of the country - but even then, I still had a season ticket, which I allowed others to use free of charge when I wasn't about (so most of the season). When I was at uni, I still went to various away games, too. We were in League One at the time, so this wasn't difficult.

The "loyalty" scheme came in while near the nadir of Roland's tenure thus far: I had no intention of getting a season ticket, and accordingly, match ticket purchases were limited, so I didn't accrue any meaningful number of points.

I think the scheme rewards recency bias in a time where there has been great fan unrest. I definitely don't have enough loyalty points from the last couple of seasons to get tickets, but based on, well, my lifetime support for this club, it would be churlish to deem me undeserving of a ticket.

Someone might disagree, but the points system is - for a club in our situation - a flawed metric. Perhaps necessary, but flawed nonetheless.

Your history as a supporter means absolutely nothing for the loyalty system, and that is the way it should be. It doesn't matter if someone had a season ticket for 30years straight. If they haven't had one for the past 3 years they shouldn't get priority over those that have been going for the past 2 seasons.

But equally - and of course, this doesn't apply to me - what if fans couldn't attend, or get season tickets etc, for reasons beyond their control (a work placement or ill health or financial difficulties or something)?

I don't think the loyalty system is bad at all. More that it is flawed, and new enough that there are teething problems. In a few seasons, I'm certain the system will be more reflective of and prioritise, for want of a better term, those who deserve it more.
    But surely those who have gone most last 16 months deserve it and have more points to get tickets at first few phases? 

In another 12 months time that will again be the case in that the people who have gone most will be rewarded by first phases as they deserve. 

Because it's in its infancy at the minute and starts from an arbitrary point with zero purchasing history taken into account before the introduction of the scheme.

I stand by what I said above - i.e. in a few seasons, the points system will be better, because there will be more data to work with.
    But it will only ever be on a 2 year basis I believe so at the end of this year 18/19 season will come off. 

I feel for those who missed out and if they had given us the lower tier it would be fine but the loyalty system is fair and does what it was set out to do reward most regular attending fans it really is that simple. 

I think the 2 per person thing is possibly the most unfair ? Most other clubs do it 1 per person.
    Agreed. Effectively means that each qualified fan can take a fan who's never even heard of Charlton, let alone been to 100's of games. 
  • Options
    @Big_Bad_World Got to give it to you, I do enjoy reading your posts! All friendly banter 

See you in the Kings Head for a pint :) 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    @Big_Bad_World Got to give it to you, I do enjoy reading your posts! All friendly banter 

Bexley or Greenwich?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Well I’m with you Paddy.

I can see both sides. The loyalty points system will be brilliant in a few years, hopefully after the rat has gone. 

I bought Valley Gold in the end to ensure I could get tickets. And yes I do have a current season ticket before anyone gets the hump. 
    Just to make it clear, nobody is getting the hump. I didn't have enough loyalty points and a relative that never goes to away games got me and a friend tickets.

Juat can't understand these nonsensical arguments that the loyalty system is broken, and that somehow people who boycotted are just as entitled to tickets as people going week in week out for the past few seasons.
    As someone who is still boycotting buying home tickets and dropped out of VG I agree.

That was a choice I made and don't regret it.

The loyalty scheme is reasonable and rewards those who go away most often.

So, no season ticket and no Valley Gold.... how can you have enough points to get 12 tickets for Millwall ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 
  • Options
    Medders said:
    cafctom said:
    Well I’m with you Paddy.

I can see both sides. The loyalty points system will be brilliant in a few years, hopefully after the rat has gone. 

I bought Valley Gold in the end to ensure I could get tickets. And yes I do have a current season ticket before anyone gets the hump. 
    Just to make it clear, nobody is getting the hump. I didn't have enough loyalty points and a relative that never goes to away games got me and a friend tickets.

Juat can't understand these nonsensical arguments that the loyalty system is broken, and that somehow people who boycotted are just as entitled to tickets as people going week in week out for the past few seasons.
    As someone who is still boycotting buying home tickets and dropped out of VG I agree.

So, no season ticket and no Valley Gold.... how can you have enough points to get 12 tickets for Millwall ???
    Reaches for popcorn.......
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Why would you buy them?

I agree that does open up a possible unfair route but think it has to be offered as part of the valley gold process as a child would not be able to go with a parent as can’t have valley gold due to gambling laws. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 
    If I was around LB I'd be tempted to take you up on your kind offer. However, I'll be holed up in one of the few hostelries left locally near the ground.
  • Options
    If we took account of the previous actions of a minority of fans Millwall fans would be banned from every ground in the country 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Why would you buy them?

Agreed. Effectively means that each qualified fan can take a fan who's never even heard of Charlton, let alone been to 100's of games. 
    But in practice that doesn't happen. 
  • Options
    Medders said:
    cafctom said:
    Well I’m with you Paddy.

I can't and didn't.

I posted that joke before they'd even gone on sale.

• Options
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 
    If I was around LB I'd be tempted to take you up on your kind offer. However, I'll be holed up in one of the few hostelries left locally near the ground.
    Most of my millwall pals will be in the Granby, so may venture down that way. That Rose on the bridge is quite nice. 
  • Options
    Very funny BBW like it however my comment stands and is valid not sure why Millwall don’t allow anyone to use the lower tier unless they are scared of the actions of their own fans 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Medders said:
    cafctom said:
    Well I’m with you Paddy.

I can't and didn't.

Hilarious. So you're not going then?
  • Options
    genevajim said:
    Very funny BBW like it however my comment stands and is valid not sure why Millwall don’t allow anyone to use the lower tier unless they are scared of the actions of their own fans 
    It's been highlighted on here numerous times as to why the lower tier isn't given out. Have a read back. We are part of the reason, yes.
  • Options
    Medders said:
    Medders said:
    cafctom said:
    Well I’m with you Paddy.

I can't and didn't.

Not hilarious, only worth a few Lols it seems, but certainly not to be taken seriously.

• Options
    In fact, I’m pretty sure that day was the last time anyone got the bottom tier, and we’ve played plenty of big ‘mild’ clubs since then so that backs up my point 
    Norwich were apparently given part of your lower tier last season. 

Did they cause any aggro that day? And if not, why has no other club been given it since?
  • Options
    Medders said:
    Medders said:
    cafctom said:
    Well I’m with you Paddy.

I can't and didn't.

Not hilarious, only worth a few Lols it seems, but certainly not to be taken seriously.

Excellent avoidance of the question there. Ever considered a career in politics?
  • Options
    Medders said:
    Medders said:
    Medders said:
    cafctom said:
    Well I’m with you Paddy.

I can't and didn't.

Excellent avoidance of the question there. Ever considered a career in politics?

What business is it of yours?

But since you'll go on and on about it otherwise, the answer is no, not yet but I hope a spare might still pop up.
  • Options
    Medders said:
    Medders said:
    Medders said:
    cafctom said:
    Well I’m with you Paddy.

I can't and didn't.

But since you'll go on and on about it otherwise, the answer is no, not yet but I hope a spare might still pop up.
    Just curious.
    Rumour has it you invented the points system, that may be BS as well though
  • Options
    Medders said:
    Medders said:
    Medders said:
    Medders said:
    cafctom said:
    Well I’m with you Paddy.

I can't and didn't.

Just curious.
    Rumour has it you invented the points system, that may be BS as well though
    As well as what?

No, I didn't invent this points system.

I did help create a much earlier version but it wasn't kept up.
  • Options
    The worth of a season ticket in terms of preferential treatment for restricted ticket matches demonstrated loud and clear.

460 points (2 years) not enough it would seem.

Hey ho.
  • Options
    That was the wheel Medders