Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    A couple of things stand out for me in regards to Valley Gold paying £30 and being eligible for Millwall tickets.

Before the points system was used Valley Gold was up there with current season ticket holders, if you take the points equivalent then that would be 230 meaning Valley Gold only eligible fans IMO should have come in at phase 8 (230 pts) which should IMO be 230 pts + Valley Gold, not that I think it would have made considerable difference on this occasion but it would certainly be a lot more fairer.

Or another fair alternative if you keep Valley Gold at Phase 5 is you make it so you must have been a Valley Gold member for a minimum of 12 months even if you've already paid a year's money in advance to get around memberships just to get tickets.

Otherwise I think the points system is probably about as fair as it can get, it'll never please everybody but then no system would either.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    LenGlover said:
    The worth of a season ticket in terms of preferential treatment for restricted ticket matches demonstrated loud and clear.

460 points (2 years) not enough it would seem.

Hey ho.
    I didn't follow the stages as was never going to reach the 9th where I could have bought but if I read tour post correctly then am I right in saying a season ticket holder for 2 years gets less preference than a non season ticket holder with VG membership of (I think, £120 pa)?  If so that cannot be right.

Ed. Just read through the other posts and seems the £120 is actually only £30.  That seems very unfair to me
  • Options
    Personally think the first phase should go to the people who went there to watch us lose 4 -0 and be kept back for half an hour even though most of us tried to leave before the game had finished. 
    Half an hour..........and the f’ing rest, more like 55 minutes if my memory serves me!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    The worth of a season ticket in terms of preferential treatment for restricted ticket matches demonstrated loud and clear.

460 points (2 years) not enough it would seem.

Hey ho.
    I didn't follow the stages as was never going to reach the 9th where I could have bought but if I read tour post correctly then am I right in saying a season ticket holder for 2 years gets leas preference than a non season ticket holder with VG membership of (I think, £120 pa)?  If so that cannot be right.
    They don't need to pay the £120pa, just joining  for £30 would give you more prioriry
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    robroy said:
    robroy said:
    @Big_Bad_World Got to give it to you, I do enjoy reading your posts! All friendly banter 

See you in the Kings Head for a pint :) 
    Bexley or Greenwich?
    I meant pre game at LB. 
    If I was around LB I'd be tempted to take you up on your kind offer. However, I'll be holed up in one of the few hostelries left locally near the ground.
    I'll be drinking somewhere reasonably close to the ground after the game - Surrey Quays probably.

I will have my sons to protect me and my Millwall (spit) supporting brother-in-law as my cover.
    Even I wouldn't drink in The Quays ;)
    I wouldn't as a rule - I'll try to convince him to drink in the Blue.
    The pub of choice there is the Bank. I may well be in there briefly. If I see you I'll give you a nudge and a wink :)
    I'll be the old geyser in a Charlton shirt in the corner being pummeled as I attempt to sing 'Valley Floyd Road'. You will spot me easily.

Guys this isn't tinder, if you are going to arrange a date surely you can DM each other :P
    Don't let them come between us, @bobmunro

We're making strides towards a harmonious bond between Spanners and Anoraks. The likes of which were never thought possible.
    We'll be sitting together in a non-segregated stadium next season, unpoliced as well.
    I have it on good authority that you'll be one of a handful of fans allowed to stand throughout ;)
    Never more shall I pass your turnstiles.

Besides, I'll still have people blocking my view.
  • Options
    In fact, I’m pretty sure that day was the last time anyone got the bottom tier, and we’ve played plenty of big ‘mild’ clubs since then so that backs up my point 
    yep the joyous scenes of jubilation after beating Premier League Champions  Leicester in the FA Cup can't be forgotten that easily by scum fans can they , oh they can of course the selective memory works wonders

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4238154/Millwall-s-FA-Cup-victory-marred-crowd-trouble.html

• Options
    In fact, I’m pretty sure that day was the last time anyone got the bottom tier, and we’ve played plenty of big ‘mild’ clubs since then so that backs up my point 
    yep the joyous scenes of jubilation after beating Premier League Champions  Leicester in the FA Cup can't be forgotten that easily by scum fans can they , oh they can of course the selective memory works wonders

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4238154/Millwall-s-FA-Cup-victory-marred-crowd-trouble.html

I just laughed at the advertising board 
  • Options
    Personally I think the loyalty system is excellent. I've shelled out a ton of money on season tickets and away tickets last season, and a load more so far this season. Its a bit fiddly at times, especially allocating points to the son's account to keep both points totals totting up, but ultimately we know at the moment if we want to go to an away match then we will be able to. We trudged up to the Bescot, so it is now quite right that we can have early dibs on going to the Hawthorns. 

We boycotted home games 17-18, but did quite a few aways all over the country. If that had meant we could not get tickets for aways the following season (18-19) then so be it. I still believe that boycott in 17-18 helped RD change his approach and was worthy of sacrificing future away games due to a lack of loyalty points.

The reality was that because 18-19 was league 1 and the first year of the points system, we still got all the away tickets we needed.

And whatever people think of the system, what seems to have happened, perhaps ignited particularly at Pompey away in April 18, is a great Charlton away day atmosphere. That day convinced me Bowyer had a dream that could actually happen. Long may that continue. 

• Options
    Oh well. Missed out, but fortunately not worth worrying about as I only get one game a month I can come to and I desperately need to keep indoctrination going for little Rosa... This game isn't one for her little eyes.
  • Options

I never said our shit didn’t stink
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Home end with a few Millwall mates, Arments for pre-match Pie & Mash, were all old gits and I did the same last year with no problems at all.

Last time I went in the away end was the draw when we had both tiers. Looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    I’m in the home end also with a Millwall supporting mate . Gonna be fun 
  • Options
    It would solve all the problems if the club just sold 1 ticket per person who is eligible. England don’t let u buy more so y do we? I could get two in phase 1 and taken a mate who supports another team and has no interest and just wants a day out. I didn’t do that because charlton fans should have tickets but that is where the problem lies. Straight away the club cuts the chances of getting a ticket 
  • Options

But you did say “ In fact, I’m pretty sure that day was the last time anyone got the bottom tier, and we’ve played plenty of big ‘mild’ clubs since then so that backs up my point “

So point not backed up 
  • Options

Can't believe there was 3 wise men in the rusty toolbox.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

The big sellout yesterday afternoon at Phase 5 should perhaps not have been 500 or VG - perhaps 500 and VG. No axe to grind as I got mine - and I'm both 500+ and VG.
    I’m in the same boat, just under 550 plus VG.

I don’t understand why the tiers above have a plus VG option that spreads over two and a half days selling a small percentage.
    Yet the as the points lower, and we enter the territory where those that can purchase tickets increases dramatically, there is no benefit for Valley Gold at all.
  • Options
    To be fair It has got to be 1 ticket per person.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But you did say “ In fact, I’m pretty sure that day was the last time anyone got the bottom tier, and we’ve played plenty of big ‘mild’ clubs since then so that backs up my point “

So point not backed up 
    Oh yeah fair point 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Home end with a few Millwall mates, Arments for pre-match Pie & Mash, were all old gits and I did the same last year with no problems at all.

Last time I went in the away end was the draw when we had both tiers. Looking forward to it. 
    I’ll be in arments pre match
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    About time you got a new string vest @Big_Bad_World ;)

It's just a string now, sadly.

I have fond memories of that vest. None more so iconic than standing in front of the Leicester fans and making myself look like South London's answer to Rab C. Nesbitt.

I thought you were doing the Haka.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I have fond memories of that vest. None more so iconic than standing in front of the Leicester fans and making myself look like South London's answer to Rab C. Nesbitt.

His own version. It’s called the Slacka
  • Options
    See you in there @MillwallFan, you better be having double pie, liquor, chilli vinegar and eat with a spoon! 
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I think I was actually prepping to take a sh*t. So I suppose you could call it the Cacka.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I have fond memories of that vest. None more so iconic than standing in front of the Leicester fans and making myself look like South London's answer to Rab C Nesbitt. if you are a season ticket holder and not A Valley Gold member, I’d be asking why not? 

Oh, I thought BBW was a deliberate acronym for a larger sized lady. The whole string vest/string thing is now disturbing me. 

• Options
    Addickted said:

I have fond memories of that vest. None more so iconic than standing in front of the Leicester fans and making myself look like South London's answer to Rab C Nesbitt. if you are a season ticket holder and not A Valley Gold member, I’d be asking why not? 

Oh, I thought BBW was a deliberate acronym for a larger sized lady. The whole string vest/string thing is now disturbing me. 

It's not the string that should disturb you. It's what it's not covering that's the real talking point.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    See you in there @MillwallFan, you better be having double pie, liquor, chilli vinegar and eat with a spoon! 
    Oh yes, crust down 
  • Options
    @MillwallFan and @Big_Bad_World how did you end up on this forum? 

Do you know some other posters? 

Not that I mind you guys being on here. Quite enjoy your posts.