Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    @AddickUpNorth told them about it as he supervised the exercise yard. 😉
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    See you in there @MillwallFan, you better be having double pie, liquor, chilli vinegar and eat with a spoon! 
    Oh yes, crust down 
    Who is giving/receiving?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    @MillwallFan and @Big_Bad_World how did you end up on this forum? 

Do you know some other posters? 

Not that I mind you guys being on here. Quite enjoy your posts. 
    The others cannot read and write.
  • Options
    A few points:

If there is such a big bulge in one stage of the ticket offer then the stages need rethinking.

There is an obvious flaw in that if I buy a ticket for someone who doesn’t quite qualify they never get the points to push them to the next stage, since I can’t allocate the points to them.

The system can be gamed and U11 season tickets count the same as adult ones and can be used to buy adult tickets.

I don’t think it’s terrible, though.

On Millwall it’s not the case the lower tier wasn’t in play from both clubs’ point of view, but they couldn’t agree how to do it. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Airman Brown said:
    A few points:

If there is such a big bulge in one stage of the ticket offer then the stages need rethinking.

• Options
    A few points:

There is an obvious flaw in that if I buy a ticket for someone who doesn’t quite qualify they never get the points to push them to the next stage, since I can’t allocate the points to them.

The system can be gamed and U11 season tickets count the same as adult ones and can be used to buy adult tickets.

I don’t think it’s terrible, though.

On Millwall it’s not the case the lower tier wasn’t in play from both clubs’ point of view, but they couldn’t agree how to do it. 

If the problems occur at the ends of the lower tier that meet the home fans along the side then not making those available and selling the seats in between would resolve that.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Pretty much the same as BBW really. 

I came on here to have a nose when we played you years ago. Saw loads on Millwall and felt compelled to comment so signed up. I’ve always had a much stronger dislike for palace and west ham, where as Charlton I see more as a friendlier rival, so feels ok posting on here for me personally. (Im not saying you’re not a rival, of course you are, and it most certainly is a derby, the only genuine SE London derby, but personally Charlton dont generally get my back up the same way those stripey pricks and West Ham do).
     I know I can get a bit gobby on here at times, usually after a few beers, and I can wind a few people up, but by and large I try to remember it is a Charlton board and I shouldn’t cross the line. 

also, as BBW says, I literally have scores, if not hundreds of Millwall friends and family in real life so don’t feel the urge to post much on the Millwall sites as I have all that chat on a day to day basis in real life anyway. 

I try to keep off the threads that are solely about Charlton, but there’s quite often Millwall related stuff on here and the non Charlton stuff can make interesting reading. I like the music threads as music plays a big part in my life. 

I’ve only met one person off here when I done a little job for him, but mostly id like to stay anonymous. Only because I’d never live it down amongst my Millwall mates if they found out I posted on here! 

Writing this while watching the rugby so not sure if this makes much sense but that’s the gist of it. 
    Leeds would have had more......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Pretty much the same as BBW really. 

I came on here to have a nose when we played you years ago. Saw loads on Millwall and felt compelled to comment so signed up. I’ve always had a much stronger dislike for palace and west ham, where as Charlton I see more as a friendlier rival, so feels ok posting on here for me personally. (Im not saying you’re not a rival, of course you are, and it most certainly is a derby, the only genuine SE London derby, but personally Charlton dont generally get my back up the same way those stripey pricks and West Ham do).
     I know I can get a bit gobby on here at times, usually after a few beers, and I can wind a few people up, but by and large I try to remember it is a Charlton board and I shouldn’t cross the line. 

also, as BBW says, I literally have scores, if not hundreds of Millwall friends and family in real life so don’t feel the urge to post much on the Millwall sites as I have all that chat on a day to day basis in real life anyway. 

I try to keep off the threads that are solely about Charlton, but there’s quite often Millwall related stuff on here and the non Charlton stuff can make interesting reading. I like the music threads as music plays a big part in my life. 

I’ve only met one person off here when I done a little job for him, but mostly id like to stay anonymous. Only because I’d never live it down amongst my Millwall mates if they found out I posted on here! 

Writing this while watching the rugby so not sure if this makes much sense but that’s the gist of it. 
    What a lovely man.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

So now we've got that one straight. Welcome to CL :) 

Serious question MF,
    Do the Police have any say in the opening of the lower tier?
    My theory is maybe the Police feel that 2000 away fans is a manageable number, where as 4000 with the home side losing is asking for trouble.
  • Options
    reading what airman said i reckon its about the cost of stewarding / police - it would probably mean a disproportionate increase in stewarding compared to the extra revenue due to the easy access onto the pitch / adjoining stands rather than the extra numbers 

• Options
    My first post here! I have 490 points and been to many away games over recent years where we had little support such as Bradford and Shrewsbury last year and Wigan a few weeks ago also all the popular ones! 
    For Fulham got a mate to buy as wasn’t going to qualify, so got the tickets and no points. 
    No such luck for Millwall but this is very unfair as looking at the points system from the beginning of the process I should have made the cut. It doesn’t reward loyalty BUT who you know!!!! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

So now we've got that one straight. Welcome to CL :) 

Serious question MF,
    Do the Police have any say in the opening of the lower tier?
    My theory is maybe the Police feel that 2000 away fans is a manageable number, where as 4000 with the home side losing is asking for trouble.
    Lol thanks

Im not 100% sure but think we have the say on what happens in the ground, but as you know we have to pay for any policing in the ground, and with the extra police needed with away fans in the bottom tier then I think sometimes it’s just not worth the extra expense. 

I think in the past they’ve given away fans the bottom tier if A. They’re regarded as low risk (although West Ham got it one year!, but that was over 15 years ago)  and B. They sell their initial allocation very quickly, as if they only sold an extra couple of hundred tickets in the bottom tier that wouldn’t cover the extra policing costs. 
  • Options
    well, we would have sold any extra allocation very quickly but to be fair, we've set the bar with regards to pitch invasions - the one at the end of the doncaster semi was one of the best in the business - a last minute winner against millwall and i'd have to do a lap of honour!!!!
  • Options
    My first post here! I have 490 points and been to many away games over recent years where we had little support such as Bradford and Shrewsbury last year and Wigan a few weeks ago also all the popular ones! 
    For Fulham got a mate to buy as wasn’t going to qualify, so got the tickets and no points. 
    No such luck for Millwall but this is very unfair as looking at the points system from the beginning of the process I should have made the cut. It doesn’t reward loyalty BUT who you know!!!! 
    Why didn’t you just ask your mate to tell Tkt office to give you the ten points on your membership no when he he purchesed the two tkts. Simple
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Why didn’t you just ask your mate to tell Tkt office to give you the ten points on your membership no when he he purchesed the two tkts. Simple
    Because the system does not allow you to allocate points normally if the person you are buying for does not have enough points to buy at that stage themseleves.

It is one of only a couple of things wrong with the system (the other being where Valley Gold sit) but it does need amending .

I had to put in normally above as ironically it did allow points to be allocated for Fulham (but not Reading or Millwall) but I think this caused other issues in the system
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on about who you know be that someone who has enough points but only buying 1 seat or knowing a member of the Valley Gold Committee to get their priority up to 500 points
  • Options
    Basically the millwall fans are saying they have loads of mates and we are a bunch of loners who need to interact with other Charlton loners , sounds about right !
    I sometimes wonder if you are actually a Millwall fan. 😛
  • Options
    Up the Brentford!! 
  • Options
    Dannoo_86 said:
    Up the Brentford!! 
    I had us and Brentford on a double :)
  • Options
    any spare tickets please let me know also! between 2 to 4!

• Options
    edited October 2019
    2121 said:
    any spare tickets please let me know also! between 2 to 4!

Unless it is members only, is it an option for you to sit with the spanners?
  • Options
    clive said:

Restriction Phases are as follow (two tickets per Fan ID):

1.    580 points & VG – Monday, October 14th - 2pm

2.    580 Points – Tuesday, October 15th – 9.30am

3.    550 Points & VG – Tuesday, October 15th – 2pm

4.    550 Points – Wednesday, October 16th – 9.30am

5.    500 Points or VG – Wednesday, October 16th – 2pm

6.    460 Points – Friday, October 18th – 9.30am

7.    350 Points – Friday, October 18th – 2pm

8.    230 Points – Monday, October 21st – 2pm

9.    100 Points – Tuesday, October 22nd – 9.30am

10.  General sale - Tuesday, October 22nd – 2pm

Unsure of your Fan ID? Supporters can find out their ID by emailing tickets@cafc.co.uk.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5da05c2eab51c/tickets-millwall-away-goes-on-sale-on-monday

How do you know how many points you have? I won't have many as been to two home games in two years plus a smattering of aways.
  • Options
    drewman said:
    clive said:

Restriction Phases are as follow (two tickets per Fan ID):

1.    580 points & VG – Monday, October 14th - 2pm

2.    580 Points – Tuesday, October 15th – 9.30am

3.    550 Points & VG – Tuesday, October 15th – 2pm

4.    550 Points – Wednesday, October 16th – 9.30am

5.    500 Points or VG – Wednesday, October 16th – 2pm

6.    460 Points – Friday, October 18th – 9.30am

7.    350 Points – Friday, October 18th – 2pm

8.    230 Points – Monday, October 21st – 2pm

9.    100 Points – Tuesday, October 22nd – 9.30am

10.  General sale - Tuesday, October 22nd – 2pm

Unsure of your Fan ID? Supporters can find out their ID by emailing tickets@cafc.co.uk.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5da05c2eab51c/tickets-millwall-away-goes-on-sale-on-monday

How do you know how many points you have? I won't have many as been to two home games in two years plus a smattering of aways.