Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    This thread has just took a mighty leap for the worse 
  • Options
    This thread has just took a mighty leap for the worse 
    Indeed. Don’t need to prove myself as to why I was boycotting last year, as I know that I’ll be there every home game this season - and every one next season, and the one after that, and the one after that - regardless of the division, or how “crap” it gets at any point. 
  • Options
    How many points do you get for a season ticket 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I’ve just got two and i’m not even going!
    So if anyone is desperate to go i’ve got two adult tickets available.
    Why would you buy them?
    For people who can’t get them.
    But they will sell out. They can't get them because others have more loyalty points... 
    As one of the direct beneficiaries of the situation, I'd like to offer my tuppenny's worth. This is quite long-winded.

I have 250 loyalty points, from getting a season ticket this year, after three seasons without, due to dissatisfaction with the ownership. I now have a ST in spite of Duchatelet, and because of Bowyer. 

I went to nearly every home game last year and a handful of away games. This has been the case since I became an adult, with the exception of when I was at university in a different part of the country - but even then, I still had a season ticket, which I allowed others to use free of charge when I wasn't about (so most of the season). When I was at uni, I still went to various away games, too. We were in League One at the time, so this wasn't difficult.

The "loyalty" scheme came in while near the nadir of Roland's tenure thus far: I had no intention of getting a season ticket, and accordingly, match ticket purchases were limited, so I didn't accrue any meaningful number of points.

I think the scheme rewards recency bias in a time where there has been great fan unrest. I definitely don't have enough loyalty points from the last couple of seasons to get tickets, but based on, well, my lifetime support for this club, it would be churlish to deem me undeserving of a ticket.

Someone might disagree, but the points system is - for a club in our situation - a flawed metric. Perhaps necessary, but flawed nonetheless.
    You chose to boycott, as did others.

Your history as a supporter means absolutely nothing for the loyalty system, and that is the way it should be. It doesn't matter if someone had a season ticket for 30years straight. If they haven't had one for the past 3 years they shouldn't get priority over those that have been going for the past 2 seasons.

If we went my lifelong history, no new fans would ever get tickets.
    But equally - and of course, this doesn't apply to me - what if fans couldn't attend, or get season tickets etc, for reasons beyond their control (a work placement or ill health or financial difficulties or something)?

I don't think the loyalty system is bad at all. More that it is flawed, and new enough that there are teething problems. In a few seasons, I'm certain the system will be more reflective of and prioritise, for want of a better term, those who deserve it more.
  • Options
    I keep seeing the words when I was boycotting, when surely they mean when I stopped going because we were a bit crap and in league one.
    It’s pretty blatant isn’t it, I like the mental gymnastics some will resort to in order to justify why they deserve a ticket over those who have been going regularly over the past couple of the seasons.  
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Why would you buy them?
    But they will sell out. They can't get them because others have more loyalty points... 
    As one of the direct beneficiaries of the situation, I'd like to offer my tuppenny's worth. This is quite long-winded.

I have 250 loyalty points, from getting a season ticket this year, after three seasons without, due to dissatisfaction with the ownership. I now have a ST in spite of Duchatelet, and because of Bowyer. 

I went to nearly every home game last year and a handful of away games. This has been the case since I became an adult, with the exception of when I was at university in a different part of the country - but even then, I still had a season ticket, which I allowed others to use free of charge when I wasn't about (so most of the season). When I was at uni, I still went to various away games, too. We were in League One at the time, so this wasn't difficult.

The "loyalty" scheme came in while near the nadir of Roland's tenure thus far: I had no intention of getting a season ticket, and accordingly, match ticket purchases were limited, so I didn't accrue any meaningful number of points.

I think the scheme rewards recency bias in a time where there has been great fan unrest. I definitely don't have enough loyalty points from the last couple of seasons to get tickets, but based on, well, my lifetime support for this club, it would be churlish to deem me undeserving of a ticket.

Someone might disagree, but the points system is - for a club in our situation - a flawed metric. Perhaps necessary, but flawed nonetheless.

Your history as a supporter means absolutely nothing for the loyalty system, and that is the way it should be. It doesn't matter if someone had a season ticket for 30years straight. If they haven't had one for the past 3 years they shouldn't get priority over those that have been going for the past 2 seasons.

But equally - and of course, this doesn't apply to me - what if fans couldn't attend, or get season tickets etc, for reasons beyond their control (a work placement or ill health or financial difficulties or something)?

I don't think the loyalty system is bad at all. More that it is flawed, and new enough that there are teething problems. In a few seasons, I'm certain the system will be more reflective of and prioritise, for want of a better term, those who deserve it more.
    But surely those who have gone most last 16 months deserve it and have more points to get tickets at first few phases? 

In another 12 months time that will again be the case in that the people who have gone most will be rewarded by first phases as they deserve. 

Can’t see how the system now is not reflective of that? 
    Because it's in its infancy at the minute and starts from an arbitrary point with zero purchasing history taken into account before the introduction of the scheme.

I stand by what I said above - i.e. in a few seasons, the points system will be better, because there will be more data to work with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Why would you buy them?

But surely those who have gone most last 16 months deserve it and have more points to get tickets at first few phases? 

In another 12 months time that will again be the case in that the people who have gone most will be rewarded by first phases as they deserve. 

Because it's in its infancy at the minute and starts from an arbitrary point with zero purchasing history taken into account before the introduction of the scheme.

I stand by what I said above - i.e. in a few seasons, the points system will be better, because there will be more data to work with.
    It starts from zero again next season. Why do you then deserve to be on the same points as me when I've had an ST for the seasons you've boycotted and done multiple aways too?

It's always going to be flawed depending on how you want to look at it, but it's fairer than what we had before.
  • Options
    Isn’t the loyalty system only going to go back 2 seasons , so last seasons and this season for now .
    next season will be this season and next (last season gets wiped) 
    im guessing I read this but not certain , anyone know if this is the case ? 
  • Options
    Isn’t the loyalty system only going to go back 2 seasons , so last seasons and this season for now .
    next season will be this season and next (last season gets wiped) 
    im guessing I read this but not certain , anyone know if this is the case ? 
    Yes,that is what was said to me at the meeting i attended when the scheme was being set up.
  • Options
    Managed to get Millwall tickets last gasp!

That said, I’ve seen the arguments on the loyalty points but I’m still with the “slightly unfair” mob.  I think more points should be awarded for attending an away game, particular ones miles away and midweek, that would fix it IMO.
  • Options
    How do you watch abroad will be in Lanzarote for the game. 
  • Options
    Got our 6 no probs - 2 of ours have been to 1 game all season and no aways so if you wanted a ticket and didn’t get one it’s either an unfair system or your Billy no mates - fairest would probably be 1 ticket per person as I assume it must be 2 at moment 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Got our 6 no probs - 2 of ours have been to 1 game all season and no aways so if you wanted a ticket and didn’t get one it’s either an unfair system or your Billy no mates - fairest would probably be 1 ticket per person as I assume it must be 2 at moment 
    Yeah I actually think for games like these, especially at the early stages, it should be one ticket per person.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    slightly of topic...I’m bang in trouble with me littleun,she was desperate to go to this Millwall game,but I knew that wouldn’t happen with the points system,so had a back up plan...& now that’s not happening either....Lionesses v Germany (on same day) SOLD OUT too...!!!
  • Options

Would be great if we got both tiers, but I do understand why.

I've been to The Den twice, and seen 0-0 both times lol hopefully see us score some goals this time.

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Why would you buy them?

But it will only ever be on a 2 year basis I believe so at the end of this year 18/19 season will come off. 

It had to start somewhere if you go back where you drew the line? 

I feel for those who missed out and if they had given us the lower tier it would be fine but the loyalty system is fair and does what it was set out to do reward most regular attending fans it really is that simple. 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    How do you watch abroad will be in Lanzarote for the game. 
    Valley Player - £5 a match overseas I think. 

There’s probably a Millwall Player that you can watch it on with their commentary, if you fancy listening to guys who have about 15 words in their vocabulary describe a football match!

Correct, there is.

Unfortunately you need 785 loyalty points, 3 receipts from the Millwall cafe, a 'I Love RD' lapel badge and proof that you have less than 15 words in your vocabulary.

Well you've blown your cover... there are 31 different words in your post above. Double the requirement for a Millwall supporter.

So come on BBW, who really are you?!
  • Options
    Don't blame anyone. Accept that's your allocation and not whinge about it.

It's not like it's a cup final for you, or an important fixture in your calendar ;)