Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town | Tues 10 December | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Get Williams and Cullen back (eventually) along with Aneke | Field | Oztumer and we'll be fine, its just whether it can happen

It'll allow Bowyer to rotate and it'll make life hell for the opposing midfield

Huddersfield's had a field day today because Doughty and Gallagher are still inexperienced whilst Pratley wasnt going to trouble them because he's protecting the Defence

Not to mention Darren needs a bloody break!!

You've got to question who out of him and Field would be starting in these three games if you think the answer is the former every time then your an idiot
    Why wasn't Pratley subbed though? I don't get it. Morgan came on in that role against Boro and looked decent, it seemed obvious to bring him on.
  • Options
    Gallagher started with three mistakes in a row, must've been his worst home game.  Think it highlights the importance of Cullen whose ability to mop up and distribute the ball allows others that little bit of extra time to play.   
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Definitely not as bad as people are making out, first half we were both shite, second half we were marginally better than them until that bastard of a goal.

Phillips, Solly, Sarr, Pearce, Doughty, Leko and Vennings all looked good tonight.

Take the positives and move on.

You have got to be kidding! 
  • Options
    Get Williams and Cullen back (eventually) along with Aneke | Field | Oztumer and we'll be fine, its just whether it can happen

Huddersfield's had a field day today because Doughty and Gallagher are still inexperienced whilst Pratley wasnt going to trouble them because he's protecting the Defence

You've got to question who out of him and Field would be starting in these three games if you think the answer is the former every time then your an idiot
    Aneke? Are you sure? He's offered absolutely nothing so far and if he is the answer to our problems, God help us.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Why wasn't Pratley subbed though? I don't get it. Morgan came on in that role against Boro and looked decent, it seemed obvious to bring him on.
    Who do you take Pratley off for though apart from Oshilaja

I still think Bowyer would be loath to have all four defenders on as would only need one or two injured for there to be a crisis in that department

We're already having to play three centre-backs and I bet you its a system Bowyer doesnt want to play

But what choice do we have when our genuine midfield options are:

Pratley | Gallagher | Doughty | Morgan | Vennings
  • Options
    I've just seen that the Match Thread is sinking down even quicker than Charlton.

• Options
    That was terrible. Didn’t have a shot on target. Came for the point and got nothing. 
  • Options
    Talal said:

Who do you take Pratley off for though apart from Oshilaja

I still think Bowyer would be loath to have all four defenders on as would only need one or two injured for there to be a crisis in that department

We're already having to play three centre-backs and I bet you its a system Bowyer doesnt want to play

But what choice do we have when our genuine midfield options are:

Pratley | Gallagher | Doughty | Morgan | Vennings
    I just said Morgan.
  • Options

Aneke? Are you sure? He's offered absolutely nothing so far and if he is the answer to our problems, God help us.
    So you'd prefer to have our current five Midfield options instead of Aneke then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
      That was awful tonight,absolute trash.
       I dont know why Doughty was subbed for Vennings who no disrespect but looks totally out of his depth;I think Oshilaja or Morgan would have been far more positive. Taylor should have been put on 10 minutes earlier,we needed him so much and he gave the place and the team a huge lift when he came on.
       As much as I love Solly,I really think that he shouldnt start;I would have put Oshilaja at Right back.
      dont know what has happened to players like Gallagher and Pratley,playing well below their capability.
      No creativity in the centre of the park,we badly miss Josh Cullen so if there is any cash in January then thats a MINIMUM REQUIREMENT to find a replacement for him if there is anyone???
       Also the amount of space their players had to run into in the final third was frightening.
      Something doesnt seem right at the moment and I hope Bowyer and Jacko can come up with some solutions as we just dont look like the team that started this season and will end up in a horrible relegation fight if there are not some significant changes.  Gutted.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    On this showing roland has pulled off deal of the century 
    60mill for a league 1 team with a team full of loans and youth academy 
    Titanic had more chance of staying up
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Very poor first half probably the worst for a long time. Weather played a part but the team formation looks wrong. I thought a higher defensive line was needed because we have no midfield and couldn't keep the the ball. Second half saw a better effort with hard tackles going in but little up front. Taylor will and did make a difference. Didn't agree with Vennings coming on. It looks like we are being found out and need other options. Just hope extra squad players can make the difference. 
  • Options
    Gallagher started with three mistakes in a row, must've been his worst home game.  Think it highlights the importance of Cullen whose ability to mop up and distribute the ball allows others that little bit of extra time to play.   
    Easy for the opposition though

If we set up with Cullen | Gallagher | Williams then the opposition have to use three players to mark all three of them

Take two of them out and straight away the opposition can double up on Gallagher
  • Options
    2 points out of a possible 27, featuring 4 goals conceded in added time.

• Options
    Bonne has turned to s**t very quickly.
  • Options
    The next two weeks will be critical.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Anyone who is moaning need eff we are playing with kids who are nowhere near ready, that's nobodies fault but Roland's and he's going, let's just ride this out. 
    True but when you're experienced players like Pearce and Sarr are playing so badly it doesn't help - also not that I want to excuse the Rat but we do have 8 midfielders out injured (Cullen, Williams, Forster-Caskey, Field, Kayak, Oztumer, Aneke and Lapslie)we actually have depth in the squad in midfield but rotten luck with injuries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    john3 said:
      That was awful tonight,absolute trash.
       I dont know why Doughty was subbed for Vennings who no disrespect but looks totally out of his depth;I think Oshilaja or Morgan would have been far more positive. Taylor should have been put on 10 minutes earlier,we needed him so much and he gave the place and the team a huge lift when he came on.
       As much as I love Solly,I really think that he shouldnt start;I would have put Oshilaja at Right back.
      dont know what has happened to players like Gallagher and Pratley,playing well below their capability.
      No creativity in the centre of the park,we badly miss Josh Cullen so if there is any cash in January then thats a MINIMUM REQUIREMENT to find a replacement for him if there is anyone???
       Also the amount of space their players had to run into in the final third was frightening.
      Something doesnt seem right at the moment and I hope Bowyer and Jacko can come up with some solutions as we just dont look like the team that started this season and will end up in a horrible relegation fight if there are not some significant changes.  Gutted.

That's because it's not.
         Pratley,Sarr,Gallagher,Pearce,Purrington,Bonne,Solly,Phillips,Lockyer,Leko??????

• Options
    Gutted.

A much improved performance, not quite up to the standard if early season. The energy and hard work was there second half but not the skill or the finishing. Was it offside. Flag went up when Sarr nodded it on.

Solly played well then messed up at the end for the goal.

Alfie did well I thought. Surprised that Vennings came on before Morgan.

The new kid, Kyle Naylor I think his name was, did OK. Not sure he's fit but could be a good back up to Bonne and Leko when he is.

Not sure where we go from here. Cullen is still a huge miss as is Williams.

Noticeably, despite some boos at the end the crowd hasn't turned on the team or manager. Yet.

• Options
    Gutted.

A much improved performance, not quite up to the standard if early season. The energy and hard work was there second half but not the skill or the finishing. Was it offside. Flag went up when Sarr nodded it on.

The new kid, Kyle Naylor I think his name was, did OK. Not sure he's fit but could be a good back up to Bonne and Leko when he is.

Noticeably, despite some boos at the end the crowd hasn't turned on the team or manager. Yet.

Likewise I presumed the boos at the end were for the officials again after the disallowed goal rather than the performance?

Unless of course we're both wrong?
  • Options
    Although I have faith that Bowyer can turn this slump around, that tonight was dire from both sides. I found myself envious of my beloved wife sitting in a warm room in front of the telly.
  • Options
    Gutted.

Fair assessment. 

Where do we go is the big question and the one that is worrying me. Bowyer looks like he has no answers. 

PS - that’s an observation and I’m not calling for him to go. He deserves January and at least until March/April to get us out of trouble. 
  • Options
    Bowyer could do with forgetting VAR. 
  • Options
    The smattering of boos were for the performance, but most people scarpered to get the train home
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The negativity still surprises me on here too often. 
    Really? I find the drama queenliness of it all is utterly predictable.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    The negativity still surprises me on here too often. 
    Really? I find the drama queenliness of it all is utterly predictable.
    As predictable as added time goals.