Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town | Tues 10 December | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Not having any negativity towards Bowyer.

Done a brilliant job here and now in a impossible position. None of you have a clue what happens behind the scenes.
    That’s rubbish and a massive cop out. Just because he’s done a good job doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be open to criticism. Calling for him to go is way too premature but we need to open our eyes. 
    Lordy, Lord. Do what Bowyer does - sleep on it.

We'll all have a clearer head in the morning, once we've calmed down.
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    On the plus side, if you're looking to make some extra Christmas cash, lump your savings on us conceding in 90+ minutes for Friday.
    I have a feeling Hull will be scoring a lot earlier than the 90th minute, Jarrod Bowen already has 14 goals this season, he must be licking his lips looking at our defending.
  • Options
    I wish we wouldn't dig out the defence when our problems mostly lie at the other end. All three centre-backs had decent games, the odd bad pass aside. Purrington is no wing-back, granted, and certainly no winger, which is where he ended up - why didn't we take him off? But yeah, most of our problems today were in midfield
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Not having any negativity towards Bowyer.

Done a brilliant job here and now in a impossible position. None of you have a clue what happens behind the scenes.
    That’s rubbish and a massive cop out. Just because he’s done a good job doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be open to criticism. Calling for him to go is way too premature but we need to open our eyes. 
    Lordy, Lord. Do what Bowyer does - sleep on it.

We'll all have a clearer head in the morning, once we've calmed down.
    Sleeping on it won’t change the results or the shit we are now in. 
  • Options
    Disgusting performance. Time to have a look at the manager. 
    Bit harsh with all the injuries and we were always going to have a poor run in this division, the great start got us all a bit excited but this is going to be a tough season. However I think Bowyer will start to feel more pressure if the takeover goes through, the owners are going to be massively involved and have big expectations, something from the outside looking in Bowyer hasn't had to deal with yet, I mean Roland doesn't give a f**k what goes on at the club and hasn't done for ages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Want to rant and blame someone... LB most obvious choice. That whole performance stank.... it was turgid ... sorry I genuinely think we are going down. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    We’re not going down despite this run, turnaround starts in mid-January ... yes I am an optimist but I truly believe it. 
    This 100% 

I have seen us go down enough times to know this season feels different.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Good to see no one is over reacting tonight 
    What about reacting after watching 2 months of us losing nearly every game? 
  • Options
    We were having the better of the second half until the error for the goal, I thought. Certainly weren't playing 'disgustingly'. 
  • Options
    Huddersfield were unbelievably bad.

we still lost.

gutted for Solly who did well but ultimately cost us the game.

Leko is a shirker, all the talent but none of the interest, I would not want him on a permanent with that attitude.

Sarr made 3-4 big mistakes which would have been punished by a decent team.  

I hope we get to Jan with players back.  I hope our new owners do not get cold feet.  I hope Bowyer can turn it around.

On to Friday we go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 at the back with Solly and Purrington as wing backs just doesn't work - why does Bowyer persist with this formation?

Dont think its Bows preferred choice...he doesn't have any other options with a lack of midfield
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Well, that hurts. Finished 0-1.

A match with a draw all over it, leads to last minute agony.

Focus on the takeover... perhaps this poor run will tease out a little extra emotional and financial investment to propel us further faster, once the new owners get in the door.

Over to you.
    Well the good news is we kept a clean sheet for 178 minutes!

Other than that we were dire!

With Morgan and Ledley on the bench Venners was the wrong substitution!
  • Options
    love bowyer and he will get it right again but at the moment we have completely given up on trying to play football - once again, we had 6 defenders out there plus a goalkeeper - doesn't leave a lot to play football with - i get the threat of grant in behind but i'd sooner we just go back to 442 and stick the talented kids in on Friday - sarr is first out the door for me - his occasional silky pass doesn't make up for his lack of aggression, his mistakes and the fact that despite being so big, he's awful in the air.purrington is getting found out, solly must have been knackered coz his lazy attempt at a clearance led to the goal. We won't win friday with same approach - go for it with morgan, the kid who came on and gallagher in the middle - put leko in the hole, taylor and bonne up top and doughty as a full back / wing back - arrange the rest however, it makes no odds - we have to go for games and have a threat.  
  • Options
    We can keep blaming injuries but our defence is shite and all our defenders are fully fit. Granted the midfield in front doesn’t offer help but defensively we have been shocking for ages now.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    love bowyer and he will get it right again but at the moment we have completely given up on trying to play football - once again, we had 6 defenders out there plus a goalkeeper - doesn't leave a lot to play football with - i get the threat of grant in behind but i'd sooner we just go back to 442 and stick the talented kids in on Friday - sarr is first out the door for me - his occasional silky pass doesn't make up for his lack of aggression, his mistakes and the fact that despite being so big, he's awful in the air.purrington is getting found out, solly must have been knackered coz his lazy attempt at a clearance led to the goal. We won't win friday with same approach - go for it with morgan, the kid who came on and gallagher in the middle - put leko in the hole, taylor and bonne up top and doughty as a full back / wing back - arrange the rest however, it makes no odds - we have to go for games and have a threat.  
    Yep....but for the fact we have a massive injury crisis and we can’t do much else.

are you really saying start with vennings, Morgan and Gallagher on Friday? You do realise it’s not an under 23 match??