Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town | Tues 10 December | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We didn't try to play football in any shape or form, so many Long balls forward

Lacked anything creative and honestly didn't look like scoring at any point. 

Didn't really go for it with the subs, Hudders where there for the taking 

Negitive and absolutely shocking. 
     We played football maybe twice all game, our slick passing got us in the box twice and we should have done better. 
    Exactly, twice all game i lost count of how many rushed balls forward got played, I understand the fact we are down to bear bones, but in the championship you have to try and be more composed

Composure lost us the game 
  • Options
    I think we can just about stay up but it’s going to really test Bowyer, the players confidence is going to keep dropping. 
  • Options
    Has all the makings of a relegation season. 

We can blame whatever we like, but the performances are awful and we don't look like being close to winning games. 
  • Options
    Huddersfield a poor, poor team but we still stood off and gave the ball away in silly positions given the weather.  Confidence in our boots and in a tailslide towards bottom three.  Lee needs to work something soon before it’s irretrievable 
  • Options
    It hurts and it's tough... But better times are surely ahead 

So glad we got those points in the bank early as it has afforded us the luxury of this dreadful run 

Heads up, eh!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2019
    Injury time goals against are a real kick in the teeth. Given current run & injuries, would have been happy / ok with a Curbs nil all draw. Takeover can’t happen soon enough.
  • Options
    A lot of football still to play, we need to stick with the team. I really hope this takeover goes through and it proves to be the one we all want.
  • Options
    Stop passing to the opposition - simple really!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As soon as we got to time added on I thought we'd concede. Just how things are going at the moment. 2 poor poor sides tonight. Thought Solly was one of the better performers but that clearance was dreadful. 

We looked bereft in the middle, shaky at the back and nothing stuck up top.

Need bodies back, the takeover to go through and some sensible investment ASAP or we'll get relegated as we're in one of those rutts  big time.
  • Options
    On the plus side, if you're looking to make some extra Christmas cash, lump your savings on us conceding in 90+ minutes for Friday.
  • Options
    Disgraceful performance on so many levels. There can be no excuses for that. More later when I’ve calmed down 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I know I’m not allowed to criticise him but what was solly doing? He isn’t good enough any more, fact!

why was our goal ruled out? Looked ok from where I was sitting

• Options
    Fuck the injuries, fuck Roland, fuck all the other usual shit excuses, we are a professional football team playing the in the second tier of our national game.

You got Pratley running round mis-kicking everything that goes within a yard of him, Pearce charging about like a fucking bull to a red rag (someone tell him he doesn’t need to win everything all the time), Sarr playing balls inside to their centre forwards and Solly with a left foot made of chocolate. Experienced pros playing like absolute wankers. 

Bowyer needs a kick up the arse. I saw 10/1 today for the West Ham job, it should be more like 1000/1 before he moves up into the premier league.

I can forgive the kids, it’s harsh on them and serious lesson, but we should expect better against a team that are below us and missing 9 of their own players.

Pissed off with it sitting indoors let alone how the people freezing their tits off their feel after that.

Utter bollocks.
    This completely, Bowyer looks clueless at how to turn it around at the minute. I don’t want to see him go and he’s earnt time but these owners haven’t bought us to see us go down. 
  • Options
    That Hurt because Huddersfield were just as bad as us .
    Missing Cullen and Williams but this really does look like a team headed for relegation. 
    Lack of quality is obvious I just hope the new owners splash out in January to stop the rot . 
  • Options
    Not having any negativity towards Bowyer.

Done a brilliant job here and now in a impossible position. None of you have a clue what happens behind the scenes.
    Care to elaborate? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taylor was a miss. No doubt about it but not the end of the world.

Cullen's absence on the other hand is a complete disaster. The midfield offers absolutely nothing without him. As toothless as I've ever seen.

Tough tough Christmas period heading our way

It's missing Cullen on top of Field, Kayal and Williams that is really hurting us, but no doubt Cullen is a huge miss.
  • Options
    Poor game, poor Solly clearance, incredibly frustrating to lose in injury time again. Lockyer is the only one in defense who looks like he can perform at this level consistently. 

We desperately need some midfielders back fit. Hopefully the takeover gets the green light ahead of Hull along with Williams coming back. 
  • Options
    Was that really a professional football game?? Seen better in the Kent county premier. Gallagher apart from his running was reckless and sloppy tonight whilst Sarr and Lockyer can’t seem to find a 5 yard pass. I guess there was a good reason Vennings come on ahead of Morgan?? 

The same excuse will be swung about that we have a load of injuries but once again so did our opponents. 

For me Leko summed up tonight’s overall team performance lazy and very very poor.

Hopefully Bowyer gets backed by the new owners in January we sure need it.
  • Options
    Poor game, poor Solly clearance, incredibly frustrating to lose in injury time again. Lockyer is the only one in defense who looks like he can perform at this level consistently. 

We desperately need some midfielders back fit. Hopefully the takeover gets the green light ahead of Hull along with Williams coming back. 
    We need another midfielder and then when Cullen is back that area will be decent. Defence needs strengthening, I agree on Lockyer. Purrington is starting to show why Rotherham were happy to let him go. 
  • Options
    Absolute fucking shambles,

Bowyers team selection tonight was nothing short of a disaster.

Having said that our ability on the ball was conference standard.

Leko is such a lazy ......

Solly cost us a point at the end with a schoolboy clearance, not sure he should be playing at this level anymore.

That was unacceptable.

• Options
    Jesus wept that was abysmal.