Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town | Tues 10 December | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    We could do with a two week international break right about now 
  • Options
    Was better under Douchbag. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    It's good to see that at our lowest everyone's behind the team.
    I know; I cannot believe what I'm reading.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    We could do with a two week international break right about now 
    4 month break
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    It's good to see that at our lowest everyone's behind the team.
    The crowd got behind the team as much as they could but there's not much to get behind.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    The negativity still surprises me on here too often. 
    There's always been a few serial Miserabilists ....... but I guess most are just venting their frustration right now, Dazzler.

We didn't play great but we all know the reason why. Solly's poor clearance to set up a sucker punch defeat in the last minute of Added Time is hard to stomach. People are going to go home and kick the cat in frustration.

Where can I get a cat at 10:30pm
    Next door will have one. Right now, you'll find it shitting in your garden. :smile:

I live in a 4th floor flat
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Definitely not as bad as people are making out, first half we were both shite, second half we were marginally better than them until that bastard of a goal.

Phillips, Solly, Sarr, Pearce, Doughty, Leko and Vennings all looked good tonight.

Take the positives and move on.

THIS THIS THIS!!!...

Our team lacks creativity what the fuck can you do when they've an experienced midfield who can gang up on our sole outlet in Gallagher

That game was a repeat of Peterborough at the Valley last season.... things will improve - Plenty of time

Covered End needs to get behind the team though rather than focusing on opposition players - Especially when its one whose done nowt wrong!!!
    That game was nothing like Peterbrough game last season. That game we played some nice football but didn’t take our chances and was done over by a shit ref. Tonight we looked like a reserve pub side.
    You do realise you've pretty much confirmed my point?

We didnt take our chances against Peterborough, do you mean the whole one shot on target?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45178102

Doesnt matter if you play pwetty football or play ugly... If you dont create chances you dont score

Just like Peterborough we didnt have a creative outlet tonight, Bonne / Leko / Taylor they all fed off scraps so we never truly looked like scoring

Peterborough we were done over by a shit referee, tonight it was the Linesman, on another night our goal would have been given
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    There's always been a few serial Miserabilists ....... but I guess most are just venting their frustration right now, Dazzler.

We didn't play great but we all know the reason why. Solly's poor clearance to set up a sucker punch defeat in the last minute of Added Time is hard to stomach. People are going to go home and kick the cat in frustration.

Get in touch with @blackpool72
  • Options
    3 at the back with Solly and Purrington as wing backs just doesn't work - why does Bowyer persist with this formation?

Dont think its Bows preferred choice...he doesn't have any other options with a lack of midfield

3 at the back with Solly and Purrington as wing backs just doesn't work - why does Bowyer persist with this formation?

Dont think its Bows preferred choice...he doesn't have any other options with a lack of midfield

He could have played Morgan and dropped one of the centre backs and played 4-4-2
    I would've liked to see morgan start, or at least come on I'll be honest but he doesn't seem to fully trust him for some reason yet 

If we could I have no doubt we would be playing with 4 at the back, considering our success last season with it.

Maybe theres the thought that our midfielders atm are either pratley and morgan, Vennings and gallagher, who you have to remember this is their first season in senior football so would be reckless starting them 3 together, and 2 if one of them gets injured we are truly fucked (we are playing tuesday, Friday this week so theres an element of being sensible involved?) 

Ledley probably isn't match fit yet but I'd expect a cameo from him on friday 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Solly shouldn’t be nowhere near the starting 11 when you have Matthews and Oshilaja on the bench. Pathetic performance again tonight . Can’t defend for shite and we have 5 defenders on the pitch . Could play til Friday and still not score . 
    Do people think before posting? - Neither Solly or Matthews can play three games in such a short turn around

Can guarantee that Matthews will start against Hull!!

Was harsh on Oshilaja being on the bench but Lockyer (our best defender) was solid today as he has been all season
  • Options
    Hard to take but utterly predictable ... 

At least, IF the takeover happens and IF the money becomes available, Bowyer has all the justification to drop players... 
  • Options
    Unlucky our best players are all injured at the same time. And long term. Roland hasn't allowed Bowyer to build a full squad to compete if this happens (and let's face it, the amount of players injured is rediculous). EFL need to get takeover ratified as soon as, assuming ESI are still interested and they haven't activated their 'fuck that' clause.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Next door will have one. Right now, you'll find it shitting in your garden. :smile:

I live in a 4th floor flat
    Well, you're out of luck then. Sorry, can't help. 

• Options
    Was that Hemed disguised as Bonne tonight?
    Not much service but not much effort either... the worst I have seen him play.

As someone said the other day, Pratley has returned to the one that joined us.

As for Leko and Sarr, both have their obvious faults but at least they were trying to do things. Rather have seen Hemed come off instead of Leko.

• Options
    We’re in big trouble, relegation looking on the cards if things continue the way they are. 
    Let’s not throw the baby out the bath water.

Little is going for us at the moment but we’ve just got to stay calm and stick with it. 

We will be fine. 
    Have you seen our January fixtures?
  • Options
    I don’t think any of you watching via a stream (or even in the upper tiers) appreciate just how challenging the weather was pitchside to actually play football. Swirling strong winds accompanied by driving rain. The wind was changing direction every 30 seconds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It could be worse, you could be looking at one of the Charlton facebook groups right now....
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Definitely not as bad as people are making out, first half we were both shite, second half we were marginally better than them until that bastard of a goal.

Phillips, Solly, Sarr, Pearce, Doughty, Leko and Vennings all looked good tonight.

THIS THIS THIS!!!...

Our team lacks creativity what the fuck can you do when they've an experienced midfield who can gang up on our sole outlet in Gallagher

That game was a repeat of Peterborough at the Valley last season.... things will improve - Plenty of time

Covered End needs to get behind the team though rather than focusing on opposition players - Especially when its one whose done nowt wrong!!!
    That game was nothing like Peterbrough game last season. That game we played some nice football but didn’t take our chances and was done over by a shit ref. Tonight we looked like a reserve pub side.
    You do realise you've pretty much confirmed my point?

We didnt take our chances against Peterborough, do you mean the whole one shot on target?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45178102

Doesnt matter if you play pwetty football or play ugly... If you dont create chances you dont score

Just like Peterborough we didnt have a creative outlet tonight, Bonne / Leko / Taylor they all fed off scraps so we never truly looked like scoring

Peterborough we were done over by a shit referee, tonight it was the Linesman, on another night our goal would have been given
    Eh? We had 13 Shots against Peterborough. If 1 was on target or all 13, still means we were creating them

We created 12 more chances that night compared to tonight.

• Options
    We’re in big trouble, relegation looking on the cards if things continue the way they are. 
    Let’s not throw the baby out the bath water.

Little is going for us at the moment but we’ve just got to stay calm and stick with it. 

We will be fine. 
    Agree D but jeez...LB was pish tonight. 

Calling out Bonne who was one of our best performers.

Shit set up.

Leko is awful unless we are playing rondos.

Gallagher was immense then tired.

Alfie Doughty...not ready. Not technically as is decent but he was despondent from the off.

They deserved it tbf. Bossed us 40-65 when LT came on.

Shape was totally wrong...we had 3 passengers , Sarr Leko and Pearce.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Hudds were comfortably the worst team I've seen us play this season. A draw would have been fair. Roll on January. 
  • Options
    Get Williams and Cullen back (eventually) along with Aneke | Field | Oztumer and we'll be fine, its just whether it can happen

It'll allow Bowyer to rotate and it'll make life hell for the opposing midfield

Huddersfield's had a field day today because Doughty and Gallagher are still inexperienced whilst Pratley wasnt going to trouble them because he's protecting the Defence

Not to mention Darren needs a bloody break!!

You've got to question who out of him and Field would be starting in these three games if you think the answer is the former every time then your an idiot
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Did you have a blindfold on?
  • Options
    Hudds were comfortably the worst team I've seen us play this season. A draw would have been fair. Roll on January. 
    Oh f@ck I'm going Swansea in january