Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull City POST MATCH THREAD | 13/12/19

Comments

• Options
    You could argue Purrington, whilst not covering himself in glory, did enough to ensure the header was saveable. In all honesty, it was very saveable. Phillips rarely lets us down and this is the problem with being a keeper. One error and it often costs a goal. Anyway, yesterday was a lot better overall.

How are we so sure Taylor is leaving. We have just been bought, surely we are not going to be in the business of letting our best players go.
  • Options
    You could argue Purrington, whilst not covering himself in glory, did enough to ensure the header was saveable. In all honesty, it was very saveable. Phillips rarely lets us down and this is the problem with being a keeper. One error and it often costs a goal. Anyway, yesterday was a lot better overall.

How are we so sure Taylor is leaving. We have just been bought, surely we are not going to be in the business of letting our best players go.
    Taylor is out of contract in the summer 
    If he gets a better offer elsewhere we can't force him to stay.
  • Options
    ‪Not too disheartened about dropping 2 points last night, it was a much better performance and it feels like we’ve at least turned some kind of corner, now we’ve got a week off I think we have enough about us to beat a poor QPR side‬
  • Options
    I thought/hoped we might be in a position to make him a better offer .
  • Options
    I thought/hoped we might be in a position to make him a better offer .
    That's what we're all hoping Mutts 
  • Options
    In previous games both purrinton and pearce have given away penalties to avoid this but obviously didnt fancy giving another away
  • Options
    Heartbreaking to drop 2 points like we did. Much better than Tuesdays performance.
    I thought taking Albie off unbalanced the midfield. In hindsight would have been
    better to take Purrington or Pearce off and bring Deji on. But from my view in 
    lower west was a poor decision for that last free kick that lead to their goal.
    Take that performance on to next Saturday we can beat QPR!
  • Options
    Heartbreaking to drop 2 points like we did. Much better than Tuesdays performance.
    I thought taking Albie off unbalanced the midfield. In hindsight would have been
    After the thumping Barnsley gave QPR today we 'might' have a chance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posting this without comment. You can make your mind up.

Purrington had to jump from a standing start......Hull player was fortunate enough to be able to get a little run at it and hence could get more lift.
    Purrington probably should've been a bit more savvy, rather than try to win the ball just jump into his man enough to put him off. Unlikely to concede a penalty.
  • Options
    The worst thing about the equaliser wasn’t so much that Purrington got out jumped but that the 18 year old who has only played half a dozen games seemed to have more guile.
  • Options
    AND... The Spanners win!

Thanks Charlton great weekend.
  • Options
    Millwall now two points off the playoffs 
  • Options
    After the thumping Barnsley gave QPR today we 'might' have a chance. 
    Only if we score some goals. QPR let loads in but score a fair few themselves. We wont win if we only score 1. 
  • Options
    Not too pissed off about last night   as the performance was better than the last two games  . Gallagher was back to his old self and Leko deserves a lot of credit  , his work rate was excellent and he has improved so much since the Millwall game  . Good atmosphere as well  .
  • Options
    The good:
    - Free santa hat
    - Donated to the Foodbank. Later found £10 on the floor in empty row in front of us in NU. Gave to a homeless busker on the DLR post match.
    - We remembered how to play football and looked much more capable than the stuttery performances v Boro and Hudds.
    - Some outstanding individual performances by Leko, Gallagher, Pratley and Sarr. Impossible to choose man of the match between them.
    - Naby's goal was ace. Sitting near front of NU we even commented on him lumbering forward as Leko tee-ed him up.
    - Great atmosphere in the ground, led by the drummer. "We all dream of a team of Naby Sarrs"

The bad:
    - The gutting equaliser, of course. No tunnel jump for Naby.
    - The subs. Oshilaja sat far too deep when he came on for Morgan, not sure if that was down to him or tactical instruction but it invited the pressure. Lyle came on with only 10 mins of normal time left - too late to make much of an impression and not going to help him get match fit. Something doesn't feel right there. No third sub to slow things down.
    - Waiting 20 mins post match in the rain for train at Charlton. Tried to say hello to @seth plum but he blanked me - too busy putting cryptic posts on here;-) Got on train then found the next stop was Blackheath when we were going to Greenwich. Hence DLR diversion above. 

The ugly:
    - There was a heated confrontation near the end of first half between Phillips and Lockyer. The latter was raging and had to be restrained by Pearce (I think it was) eventually. For a moment I thought we were heading for another Hales / Flanagan moment. Anyone see what triggered it? 
  • Options
    The good:
    - Free santa hat
    - Donated to the Foodbank. Later found £10 on the floor in empty row in front of us in NU. Gave to a homeless busker on the DLR post match.
    - We remembered how to play football and looked much more capable than the stuttery performances v Boro and Hudds.
    - Some outstanding individual performances by Leko, Gallagher, Pratley and Sarr. Impossible to choose man of the match between them.
    - Naby's goal was ace. Sitting near front of NU we even commented on him lumbering forward as Leko tee-ed him up.
    - Great atmosphere in the ground, led by the drummer. "We all dream of a team of Naby Sarrs"

The bad:
    - The gutting equaliser, of course. No tunnel jump for Naby.
    - The subs. Oshilaja sat far too deep when he came on for Morgan, not sure if that was down to him or tactical instruction but it invited the pressure. Lyle came on with only 10 mins of normal time left - too late to make much of an impression and not going to help him get match fit. Something doesn't feel right there. No third sub to slow things down.
    - Waiting 20 mins post match in the rain for train at Charlton. Tried to say hello to @seth plum but he blanked me - too busy putting cryptic posts on here;-) Got on train then found the next stop was Blackheath when we were going to Greenwich. Hence DLR diversion above. 

The ugly:
    - There was a heated confrontation near the end of first half between Phillips and Lockyer. The latter was raging and had to be restrained by Pearce (I think it was) eventually. For a moment I thought we were heading for another Hales / Flanagan moment. Anyone see what triggered it? 
    Thought exactly the same thing about Phillips/Lockyer re Hales/Flanagan, ‘here we go again, that’s the last thing we need if they start trying to knock seven bells out of each other’
  • Options
    I didn't see that. Lockyer does fancy a ruck every week.
  • Options
    I think Lockyer expected Phillips to come and claim a long ball over the top,he stayed on his line and the defence had to scramble back and deal with it. Think Lockyer told Phillips what he thought of the choice he made🙂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That’s like me out jumping Greg Davies 
  • Options
    According to internet Purrington is 5ft 10 and the Hull scorer ranges 5 ft 7 to 5 ft 9 obviously he’s young and growing but still Purrington gotta make a better effort than he did 
    You've just got to attack the ball, Mr Purrington. 

That's what your opponent did. 

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

That’s like me out jumping Greg Davies 
    Warwick v Greg
  • Options
    The worst thing about the equaliser wasn’t so much that Purrington got out jumped but that the 18 year old who has only played half a dozen games seemed to have more guile.
    And it was another 18 year old who scored the winner on Tuesday against us for Huddersfield but this time it was out most experienced player, Pratley, who gave him the space to do so. And Pratley did the same thing for Hull's opening goal yesterday too,
  • Options
    On the added time thing I thought it was 30 secs for a caution, which Leko had just received for delaying the restart of the game ("time wasting"). If it hadn't of been raining Phillips would have held it. But such margins....
  • Options
    Sorry everyone, but I think it's my fault. I must be the jinx. I've seen Charlton twelve times this season; six in the flesh and six on tv. Here's the record with me watching:

P12 W0(0%) D5(42%) L7(58%)

Can anyone beat that?  
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Sorry everyone, but I think it's my fault. I must be the jinx. I've seen Charlton twelve times this season; six in the flesh and six on tv. Here's the record with me watching:

P12 W0(0%) D5(42%) L7(58%)

Can anyone beat that?  
    As I'm going Swansea can you do me a favour
  • Options
    Don't worry, I'm staying put ;)
  • Options
    The 'used to be shite' chant was rolled out after he did some good defending in the first half. After his goal we were calling for him to be made Pope