Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County vs Charlton Athletic 30th December 2019 post-match views

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    unbelievably, almost laughably bad, absolutely clueless, the only consolation is that this was about a 4th choice team.
    Gallagher again a marked man, early foul to unsettle him just like that c**t Livermore at WBA. Referee let a lot go after sending off Bielik, who from now on is no more Mr Nice Guy
    Defence if that is anywhere near the right word, Keystone Cops stuff ..  2nd goal three of our 'defenders' marking a square yard of empty turf leaving Knight enough time to write his memoirs before picking his spot .. 
    For them Holmes ran the show, not so long ago he was in Scunthorpe's reserves, we never laid a glove, foot or finger on him ..someone need to do what Bielik did to Gally, but not quite so vigorously .. fecking rubbish

We needed a goal so Bowyer takes off Bonne for Taylor when any midfielder could have been pulled off. Hate to even think it, but is Bowyer losing the plot ?
    Last whinge, Captain Solly, was so proud to be skipper that he didn't even have the gumption to put his 'captain's' armband on properly. Little thing but is seemed to typify the lacklustre and pathetic performance on the night .. 2020 .. FINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER .. last word .. GET THIS 'TAKEOVER DONE F F S

A Happy and prosperous New Year to y'all

Lincs, Bonne was injured.
    And should have been subbed as soon as he pulled up.....not left on the pitch for another 10-15 mins. That could have meant the difference of having him fit for Thursday or next week.....instead he is likely to be out for a few weeks. 

Over protecting Taylor has meant we are now down to just 1 fit striker. Well done Lee !!
    What was bizarre is that the whole ground saw Bonne pull up after making that run, but nothing then happened. He didn't call for attention, but similarly our bench didn't INSIST that at least he was looked at by the physio
    Someone must have shouted to him from the bench because he waved his hands, as if to say, I am OK
    Bonne appeared to be saying to the bench he was ok, on several occasions .
    I'm with @killerandflash
  • Options
    Bonne is young relatively speaking, it's his first taste of football at this level and has grabbed his chance of a regular starting place in the team with both hands. It  is no surprise that he wouldn't want to come off and let the team down whereas a more seasoned pro would have gone down to get treatment and be assessed for fear of aggravating the situation.

It was fairly obvious that he was not 100% and the bench should have insisted he went down for treatment and satisfied themselves he was ok to continue, otherwise subbed him off for his own good. Both he and the management will learn from this hopefully.
  • Options
    How many hamstring injuries do we have now? Is that not something to do with our training regime? 
    Pity they can't be restrung like violins....

BTW. There's a reward being offered for whoever can find Fanny's lost Tingle.
  • Options
    How many hamstring injuries do we have now? Is that not something to do with our training regime? 
    Pity they can't be restrung like violins....

BTW. There's a reward being offered for whoever can find Fanny's lost Tingle.
    A 3 game winning run.
  • Options
    Naby has taken on the Marmite role previously occupied by the likes of Kishishev and Leaburn; loved or hated. If it were another player that had given the ball away at that point would they be coming in for the same amount of stick? Not that I've seen the poor pass as I've only seen the highlights and it was too early in the passage of play to be shown! I think the rest of the defence, Solly in particular, should have done better.

As for the second, with eleven against ten, to leave a man totally unmarked is criminal. Sarr to blame anyone?

I shall repeat: Lockyer was to blame, surely? Or is it not allowed to blame anyone but Sarr, Solly or Purrington.
  • Options
    Harry Kane clutches the back of his thigh. Physio immediately attends and he is subbed straightaway. That is how you deal with a hamstring injury.
  • Options
    Harry Kane clutches the back of his thigh. Physio immediately attends and he is subbed straightaway. That is how you deal with a hamstring injury.
    Easy, when you have a fit Lamela as a replacement. 
    Really.
    Even if a team has used all three subs if a players injured you bring him off and go down to 10 men
  • Options
    won't bother commenting on the football for obvious reasons. But support was first class. Didn't stop singing. Derby support was good.  Their drummer at the front was a bit contrived. Not sure if he is paid or does it voluntarily. Not as good as ours. Our drummer was there, minus drum. But there was a Charlton bloke at the back who was playing drums with his hands on the back of the stand who was outstanding - Keith Moon at his best. I think I've gone on about drums a bit too much now..
    Time to put the kettle on...