Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County vs Charlton Athletic 30th December 2019 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    realistically next clean sheet or win prolly not happening this month without a miracle 
    Considering we're not playing again this month I agree. :-)
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Question time
    If people arent happy with Bowyer's subs, what changes would they have made?
    Matthew's for Solly would be a start.
    Why did Mathews not start?! 
    And lyle? 
    Some weird selections today. Some will say saving for swansea which makes no sense as derby are worse off. Plus the players look knackered now anyway, galla looked like he gave his all and pratley. 
    We got it wrong from the start 
    Its not about thinking about Swansea as priority its the amount of recovery time between games

Bowyer confirmed that Taylor couldnt start before the game as he's played two sets of 90mins within four days, same with Matthews

Had both started again last night then there was a high chance they'd have been added to the injury table too

Its not worth the risk
  • Options
    I dont get all the Sarr bashing that goes on on here. At least he tries to make things happen. Once again last night it was left to him to bring the ball out of defence & try to set an attack up. Yes, he made a bit of a loss pass for the first goal, but he didnt give the ball away p  the edge of the box. The ball was to Dougherty (?) Whobwas almost on the touchline & near the halfway line. Lots more happened before the ball went onto the back of our net. Of you are going to blame someone then blame Solly for passing the ball 20 yards backwards with the free kick instead of sticking it into their box.
  • Options
    Leko’s magic and unpredictability is badly missed now .
    There’s a complete lack of invention or creativity in our team now , Gallagher being our main/ only real threat is getting pinpointed and abused ffs 
  • Options
    What a load of shit that was.
    or (assuming the takeover happens pre window)
    The storm before the calm.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    had a chance to go for it at half time but did nothing - lb has gone too defensive in my opinion - admittedly he is working with scraps and i rate him but he needs to cut the over defensive stuff - that was poor
    11 midfielders and strikers now out injured. Not sure bowyer has a huge choice in being defensive. 
  • Options
    I just cannot understand how their man was totally unmarked for the second,the same happened at bristol when they had 10 men.

Taylor had man marked him for the previous corner and was heading up field at the time of the goal.  Nobody picked this up.  Ball watching/lack of communication or tiredness?
  • Options
    WSA said:
    I just cannot understand how their man was totally unmarked for the second,the same happened at bristol when they had 10 men.

Taylor had man marked him for the previous corner and was heading up field at the time of the goal.  Nobody picked this up.  Ball watching/lack of communication or tiredness?
    100% this was Taylors man and didnt even look back.

Hed been on 25 mins at the time so could have been blowing out his arse.
  • Options
    Yeah damn that center forward for breaking forward when we cleared up field, only for it to end up coming back again. 
  • Options
    Where have I blamed individuals @Redman? I'm worried about the toll this is taking on Bowyer, not blaming him and all I said on players was take a look at Purrington re the goals- his positioning is all over the place.
    @Weegie Addick Seemed as though you were including taking digs at Bowyer. my comment was at frustration of a lot people not understanding the real problem at the club. We were overachieving, now got 12 injuries not playing, Bonne goes off, Taylor on when he shouldn't be, Pratley and Gallagher needing rests. Nothing personal I assure you. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The injuries are not an excuse for our poor form they are a fact. Any team in our league would suffer if they had the amount we have had. Probably most Premier League squads would even struggle with an injury crisis like ours. It is depressing watching goals going in like last night though. Also the amount of games we let in 2 goals this season is not gonna make it any easier to get a win. However.
    At start of the season i would happily of taken being 7pts off bottom 3 on New years day. I am worried that January will be tough month so i am writing it off and not expecting anything, if we pick up any points i will see that as a bounus. Feb is different though. I am hopeful that there are at least 3 winable games that month. Home against Barnsley, Blackburn ,Luton we have to be winning. Maybe pick up a point or 3 away and we will move up the table. Lets just say 0 points in Jan and maybe 10pts in Feb would take us to 38pts, id be happy that will give us a good chance in the last quarter of the season to stay up. Maybe 47-49pts enough to stay up this season? There are more knowledgable data experts on here than me that could answer that.
    Lose against Barnsley and Stoke at the start of Feb however and then i will start worrying. 
  • Options
    Caught up with the game having sky plussed it last night. Glad I didn’t see it live or my new telly would have been in danger!!  What an utter shambles. The injury situation speaks for itself but I now worry even more about the dual impact on morale and tiredness of those who remain standing. There was a whole lot wrong last night from the tactics to individual performances Despite the injury situation, that performance was unacceptable on a number of levels as the manager has acknowledged. I don’t think we’re at the bottom yet unfortunately. I’m struggling to see what sort of team we are going to be able to field if we, inevitably, get another couple of injuries or sendings off.  The next month will be crucial. A takeover and reinforcements are required. Even then it will be a dogfight until the summer. You can also understand why anyone worth a sod will be running for the hills in the next week or two if a decent offer comes in. But despite the doom and gloom I still maintain, perhaps naively, that there is some kind of spirit about the place that will keep us going despite the current gloom. We are still a few points from the drop despite a dire three months - in late July we’d all have taken that. And there is hope that the Roland era is in its last days. The darkest hour and all that. It may be more like the darkest month but we need to keep the faith folks. If nothing has changed by the end of January, well that’s a different story!!!!
  • Options
    Hate to say it, but had VAR been there the first goal would have been disallowed and they'd be down to 9 men. 😂
  • Options
    Agree with Muttley, we need to play to our strengths which are precious few. If Bonne is out for a while, Davison up top with Taylor and lump it up. Shame Aoucharia is injured he's about 2 metres tall.  Even put Aneke on with no brief to defend. Full backs who can get forward and cross.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    had a chance to go for it at half time but did nothing - lb has gone too defensive in my opinion - admittedly he is working with scraps and i rate him but he needs to cut the over defensive stuff - that was poor
    11 midfielders and strikers now out injured. Not sure bowyer has a huge choice in being defensive. 
    he could have made the changes he eventually made on 70 mins at half time instead - there was nothing to lose
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Hate to say it, but had VAR been there the first goal would have been disallowed and they'd be down to 9 men. 😂
    Bloody right too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Agree with Muttley, we need to play to our strengths which are precious few. If Bonne is out for a while, Davison up top with Taylor and lump it up. Shame Aoucharia is injured he's about 2 metres tall.  Even put Aneke on with no brief to defend. Full backs who can get forward and cross.
    agreed although any suggestion that sarr should play up top needs to be forgotten - he can barely win a defensive header and winning a meaningful attacking header is far harder / requires far more bravery - admittedly, the millwall game means sarr is a dead man walking as far as i'm concerned but any notion he goes up top to win headers is madness so yes, give the kids a go - it makes more sense than starting with 8 defensive players coz we have 8 senior defensive players - we were beaten before we kicked off last night and when the team is set up like that, that can drain the players as much as anything else - if you have no threat going forward, its utterly pointless and that is literally, until taylor joined bonne up top recently, how we've ended up. Start the kids and get the team set up right.
  • Options
    Injury ravaged or not, we should be able to break down a 10 men side who were without a win in their last 7. Fingers crossed the takeover can be approved soon and we can make some needed reinforcements otherwise we are in a lot of trouble 
    From a team with 1 win in eleven 
  • Options
    Looks like Rooney and the sky circus will start the next game
    For this reason hate derby even more
    With Rooney and cocku financial fair play?
    Ur having a larf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah damn that center forward for breaking forward when we cleared up field, only for it to end up coming back again. 
    Perhaps if the centre forward had been further up the pitch then he might have at least challenged for the original ball that was cleared (by Morgan..?). We had a man advantage yet the clearance went straight go one of their players who was unopposed & not put under any pressure. That was the most criminal thing about their 2nd goal, like the first we put ourselves in trouble by not being adventurous enough. At their corner (which came about by a bit of excellent defensive work by Morgan) we should have left 2 up front. They were a man down so no numerical disadvantage for us & maybe, just maybe, they would have dropped another player back anyway to deal with our 2.

So so defensively minded.
  • Options
    I dont get all the Sarr bashing that goes on on here. At least he tries to make things happen. Once again last night it was left to him to bring the ball out of defence & try to set an attack up. Yes, he made a bit of a loss pass for the first goal, but he didnt give the ball away p  the edge of the box. The ball was to Dougherty (?) Whobwas almost on the touchline & near the halfway line. Lots more happened before the ball went onto the back of our net. Of you are going to blame someone then blame Solly for passing the ball 20 yards backwards with the free kick instead of sticking it into their box.
    Absolutely no issue with the ball being passed backwards from that free kick - Frustrating as we threw away a good opportunity but plenty of time between that incident and the ball hitting the net where it should have been dealt with
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    unbelievably, almost laughably bad, absolutely clueless, the only consolation is that this was about a 4th choice team.
    Gallagher again a marked man, early foul to unsettle him just like that c**t Livermore at WBA. Referee let a lot go after sending off Bielik, who from now on is no more Mr Nice Guy
    Defence if that is anywhere near the right word, Keystone Cops stuff ..  2nd goal three of our 'defenders' marking a square yard of empty turf leaving Knight enough time to write his memoirs before picking his spot .. 
    For them Holmes ran the show, not so long ago he was in Scunthorpe's reserves, we never laid a glove, foot or finger on him ..someone need to do what Bielik did to Gally, but not quite so vigorously .. fecking rubbish

We needed a goal so Bowyer takes off Bonne for Taylor when any midfielder could have been pulled off. Hate to even think it, but is Bowyer losing the plot ?
    Last whinge, Captain Solly, was so proud to be skipper that he didn't even have the gumption to put his 'captain's' armband on properly. Little thing but is seemed to typify the lacklustre and pathetic performance on the night .. 2020 .. FINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER .. last word .. GET THIS 'TAKEOVER DONE F F S

A Happy and prosperous New Year to y'all

• Options
    edited December 2019
    unbelievably, almost laughably bad, absolutely clueless, the only consolation is that this was about a 4th choice team.
    Gallagher again a marked man, early foul to unsettle him just like that c**t Livermore at WBA. Referee let a lot go after sending off Bielik, who from now on is no more Mr Nice Guy
    Defence if that is anywhere near the right word, Keystone Cops stuff ..  2nd goal three of our 'defenders' marking a square yard of empty turf leaving Knight enough time to write his memoirs before picking his spot .. 
    For them Holmes ran the show, not so long ago he was in Scunthorpe's reserves, we never laid a glove, foot or finger on him ..someone need to do what Bielik did to Gally, but not quite so vigorously .. fecking rubbish

We needed a goal so Bowyer takes off Bonne for Taylor when any midfielder could have been pulled off. Hate to even think it, but is Bowyer losing the plot ?
    Last whinge, Captain Solly, was so proud to be skipper that he didn't even have the gumption to put his 'captain's' armband on properly. Little thing but is seemed to typify the lacklustre and pathetic performance on the night .. 2020 .. FINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER .. last word .. GET THIS 'TAKEOVER DONE F F S

Lincs, Bonne was injured.
    And should have been subbed as soon as he pulled up.....not left on the pitch for another 10-15 mins. That could have meant the difference of having him fit for Thursday or next week.....instead he is likely to be out for a few weeks. 

Over protecting Taylor has meant we are now down to just 1 fit striker. Well done Lee !!
  • Options

And should have been subbed as soon as he pulled up.....not left on the pitch for another 10-15 mins. That could have meant the difference of having him fit for Thursday or next week.....instead he is likely to be out for a few weeks. 

Over protecting Taylor has meant we are now down to just 1 fit striker. Well done Lee !!
    What was bizarre is that the whole ground saw Bonne pull up after making that run, but nothing then happened. He didn't call for attention, but similarly our bench didn't INSIST that at least he was looked at by the physio
  • Options

What was bizarre is that the whole ground saw Bonne pull up after making that run, but nothing then happened. He didn't call for attention, but similarly our bench didn't INSIST that at least he was looked at by the physio
    Someone must have shouted to him from the bench because he waved his hands, as if to say, I am OK
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Someone must have shouted to him from the bench because he waved his hands, as if to say, I am OK
    No way should they have trusted the player on that, that's inexperience on both sides. They should have sent a message out (via Pratley or Solly) for Bonne to go down and be at least looked at
  • Options
    They did their best but didn't have sufficient quality, even against 10 men.
    Gallagher the stand out class player like most games.
    Pratley & Lockyer looked Championship quality, not sure about any of the others.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Bonne appeared to be saying to the bench he was ok, on several occasions .