Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County vs Charlton Athletic 30th December 2019 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Bowyer making no excuses

Saying our quality was poor and that we deserved nothing, a late goal from us would have been harsh

Does it come back to the amount of games we're playing (with no one to rotate)

Dont get out battled, dont get out fought, we were second best today and when you do that you'll lose the game

Christmas period maybe catching up with us, maybe, but I dont like my teams playing like that

Bowyer says that the offside for the first goal isnt something he's seen back, but is irrelvant, Knight was brave to put his head there

Just not good enough for the goals - We were comfortable in possession for each goal

Says he'll pick them up again, back in training tomorrow and they'll go again
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Leuth said:
    1StevieG said:
    Another Naby Sarr mistake for their first goal and then defenders to walk about for the second. Piss poor all round against 10 men and bollocks to the excuse being tired they were up for it in the last 10 minutes. Solly was nowhere near at the races today sorry I don’t like digging out specific players.
    You clearly do. Sarr's pass was intercepted by their defender. Was the goal completely inevitable from then on? You make it out to be so
    Sarrs pass was nowhere near a man in a red shirt. Then he gets caught out of position and hey presto we are 1-0 down. Again. Against Millwall didn't jump cost us the game. Did it against QPR for their first goal. I reckon I could go back and dig out plenty of other occasions where he has cost is goals but I am too pissed off to think about it. It’s getting beyond a joke now.
    Sarr was going over as the left-back (where was Purrington???) to confront their winger who got his ball in. The rest was for the other defenders to deal with. Did they? Did they hell. It isn't 'beyond a joke' - Sarr has played pretty well the last few games (error vs QPR aside) and you're trying to make this a thing when it really isn't
  • Options
    They're running on empty.
    Dreading Swansea.
  • Options
    I just cannot understand how their man was totally unmarked for the second,the same happened at bristol when they had 10 men.

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Get ready for the meltdown. 

• Options
    Not sure what to say, we were dire against a 10man, bottom of the form table, Derby.  But we ended with Doughty (who we recalled from Bromley), Morgan (recalled from Ebbsfleet), Davidson (bought in a few months ago from Enfield) and Dempsey (only previous experience in non league).  That is not the players fault, I thought they all gave their best which is all you can ask, and it is not Bowyers fault, and it is not Gallens fault.  RD is to blame as he has been every time for 5 years.  

I am seriously worried about this takeover now, if the rumours of £50m are true what are they getting for that.  The squad is almost worthless, maybe Phillips and Bonne aside as the others are either soon out of contract or kids.  The youth team has already been pillaged of all it's immediate talent and when the Abu Dhabi lot started this process we were near the top.  £50m to acquire a team who look like relegation fodder without additional significant investment seems insane to me.  If they walk we are in the shit.  I hope it goes through soon.

Heads up Bowyer and the players, the fans are behind you and recognise the effort you are putting in.
    Well said, regardless of how we spend in January, this performance tonight summed up everything about the Roland regime!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everyone is moaning about no rotation, but other teams rarely rotate and play their best team available . How we only had one shot on target against 10 men, disgraceful. The fitness level is not great, which is possibly why wehave so many injuries - and let so many gals in during the last 10 minutes of the game , the physio team needs to be seriuosly looked at,  as well as our training programmes.
  • Options
    Yet another game we lost by one goal, and yet another game one of those goals we condeded was from a terrible bit of basic defending.

But yeah injuries. 
    So you think Doughty | Dempsey | Davison | Morgan | Vennings would all be involved with the First Team if it werent for injuries?

Yeah, okay!!
    What's that got to do with us conceding another poor goal, from another poor bit of defending fundamentals?

Go back and look at the highlights of our last 5 to 10 games. We have have drawn or lost most of them apart from Sheffield Wednesday by only one goal. I'm not having that convenient excuse about injuries being the reason we are conceding those poor goals.

Our defense has been what has been poor for us for a long while now, and they have been the fit blokes. 
    But who protects the Defence? - The Midfield!!... Who are in the Midfield?

Only experienced player you can rely on from that area is Pratley who hasnt put a foot wrong

Derby second goal comes from the Defence getting it out of the penalty spot and then the inexperienced midfielder (Morgan) not clearing the ball further from danger - Ball is being kicked anywhere because we dont have the Midfielders to carry the ball to safety and so create an attack of our own!!... If we had Williams or Cullen on the pitch then the ball is brought down and a long ball is sent for Taylor to run on to
    Once again. Go back, look at some of the goals we have conceded, and look at how many have been from a duff clearance, or a poor pass, or a player not jumping or making a simple block. That's not down to the midfield, the down to the defender not doing the fundamentals correctly. 

I'm not having a go at LB's management, or the players effort. In fact I think we are doing incredibly well as we are competing in each and every game which is testament to them.

I am however starting to get annoyed at people simply just blaming injuries or knackered players to cover up for mistakes that I personally don't think we should be making. 

• Options
    How we could have done with a JBG or even a Da Silva to give us some attacking width and stretch their 10 men. 
  • Options
    Utter shite performance 
    No excuses 

Come on EFL 
    Just sanction the sale and FUCK OFF 
    Is it okay if I count lack of Cullen, Williams, Field, Forster-Caskey, Leko, Oztumer, Aneke, Hemed, Kayal, Lapslie and Bonne as excuses?  Seems kind of reasonable.
    No
    Everyone is pissed off, now ain’t the time for slagging players off, Swansea could get embarrassing.
  • Options
    I just cannot understand how their man was totally unmarked for the second,the same happened at bristol when they had 10 men.

Out left back was standing inbetween our 2 centre backs.
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

• Options
    Next half decent job that comes up I think Lee will be gone. It must be so draining seeing players making mistakes, getting injured and having nobody to turn too. Ironic that the people making these shit errors are our most senior players. Do the man a favour ffs. Serious investment in the playing squad is required in January but even our takeover is dull. The worst thing about it is that at the moment I get the impression the fans, manager and players are dreading Swansea.
  • Options
    How many hamstring injuries do we have now? Is that not something to do with our training regime? 
  • Options
    Utter shite performance 
    No excuses 

Come on EFL 
    Just sanction the sale and FUCK OFF 
    Is it okay if I count lack of Cullen, Williams, Field, Forster-Caskey, Leko, Oztumer, Aneke, Hemed, Kayal, Lapslie and Bonne as excuses?  Seems kind of reasonable.
    No
    Everyone is pissed off, now ain’t the time for slagging players off, Swansea could get embarrassing.
    Totally agree. 
    I'm switching over to the darts 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lost comfortably to an average team with 10 men. 

We're getting relegated this season 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sarr can't defend and had a liability of a second half? He cut out at least 2 dangerous crosses in the second half and made a brilliantly-timed last man challenge. He isn't unfit - he's played a lot of games in a very short space of time, so when Gallagher lost the ball from his pass he wasn't able to recover to catch up with the Derby players - others should have helped! Phillips saved it anyway. Sarr did a lot of good defending. It is completely mystifying why some people want to make him the scapegoat when he gives more than many others
    Agreed. His pass completion was probably higher than anyone's tonight. Must have been a reason for him to have been subbed as Bowyer likes to throw him forward if we're behind.
    Roll on tomorrow's takeover! (My selection on the prediction thread).
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Yet another game we lost by one goal, and yet another game one of those goals we condeded was from a terrible bit of basic defending.

But yeah injuries. 
    So you think Doughty | Dempsey | Davison | Morgan | Vennings would all be involved with the First Team if it werent for injuries?

Yeah, okay!!
    What's that got to do with us conceding another poor goal, from another poor bit of defending fundamentals?

Go back and look at the highlights of our last 5 to 10 games. We have have drawn or lost most of them apart from Sheffield Wednesday by only one goal. I'm not having that convenient excuse about injuries being the reason we are conceding those poor goals.

Our defense has been what has been poor for us for a long while now, and they have been the fit blokes. 
    But who protects the Defence? - The Midfield!!... Who are in the Midfield?

Only experienced player you can rely on from that area is Pratley who hasnt put a foot wrong

Derby second goal comes from the Defence getting it out of the penalty spot and then the inexperienced midfielder (Morgan) not clearing the ball further from danger - Ball is being kicked anywhere because we dont have the Midfielders to carry the ball to safety and so create an attack of our own!!... If we had Williams or Cullen on the pitch then the ball is brought down and a long ball is sent for Taylor to run on to
    Once again. Go back, look at some of the goals we have conceded, and look at how many have been from a duff clearance, or a poor pass, or a player not jumping or making a simple block. That's not down to the midfield, the down to the defender not doing the fundamentals correctly. 

I'm not having a go at LB's management, or the players effort. In fact I think we are doing incredibly well as we are competing in each and every game which is testament to them.

I am however starting to get annoyed at people simply just blaming injuries or knackered players to cover up for mistakes that I personally don't think we should be making. 

But this is the point I'm trying to make, would we be rushing our clearances if we had the likes of Williams | Cullen | Field in midfield

Or would it be a short pass to release them seeing that we've played on the counter so much under Bowyer

I'd agree with you when goals like the first conceded tonight, but I think we'd be making less poor passes from defence - Experienced players, even in midfield know even if a pass is going to fall short, will be able to react to that... the opposition on the other hand are benefiting - I just hope I can be proven right when we start getting everyone back as I fully believe that the mistakes will start to disappear, at the moment though I struggle to see that happening as when one player returns, another is gone!!

My question to you would be to also go back and look at the goals we've conceded when we've had the midfield of Cullen | Pratley | Williams | Gallagher (not all playing required as its been a long time)

Apart from Wigan who scored from two really soft set pieces the opposition havent been scoring the goals you mention which which effectively started against Sheffield Wednesday (the week after Cullen joined the list)
  • Options
    Disappointing but I cannot remember the last time we managed to take advantage against 10 men.

Our injuries have caught up with us. Bonne will probably miss a couple of months now.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Taylor despite not being fully up to speed  and Bonne looked like a proper attack. So I thought, at least we will have that for a half but no, the football goods decide Bonne will get injured. But if you don't have the cover - Davison is non league - sorry but he chases the game then surely you have to think outside the box a bit. Get your big men on and pump the long balls in. Might not be for the purist but at least it is a plan B! 
  • Options

No excuse for that.
  • Options
    Bowyer least got it right in his interview. No excuses. Poor all round.