Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County vs Charlton Athletic 30th December 2019 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Let's hope that final game of the decade signifies the end of all the shit times we've had. 

Bow needs money and players asap. More than he needs a contract. extension right now.

We also need Williams and Cullen back asap, but we know that isn't any time soon.
  • Options
    Question time
    If people arent happy with Bowyer's subs, what changes would they have made?
    Bonne off for Taylor the moment Macca first pulled up with the hammy - possible Macca will be out for a few weeks now.

Dempsey for Oshilaja maybe. And Matthews for Solly.

Stick Sarr up front last ten - don't take him off. Give them something different to worry about. 
    As already mentioned, Matthews was never going to appear today

Bowyer already stated he didnt want to risk Taylor for too long in case of him breaking down, 45mins was probably the most he probably wanted to risk if that
  • Options
    Question time
    Matthew's for Solly would be a start.
    Agreed, Matthews looks very good going forwards, could have added to the attack?
  • Options
    Utterly horrible performance. As inept as I’ve seen for a long time. Injuries a huge factor but difficult to blame the dreadful defending on that, we had nearly every defender we own on the pitch to start with and we still managed to give up a one on one and a horribly soft goal inside 10 minutes. Lots of poor passing and decisions throughout. Tiredness undoubtedly a factor. Can’t see that Bowyer can do much to lift the side for Thursday unless there are 3 new signings lined up for Wednesday. Fear we’re going to get pumped hard vs Swansea, but hopefully that will be rock bottom. 
  • Options
    Never looked in it from minute one. Maybe the Bristol City game took it out of us, particularly Doughty and Morgan who looked knackered. I don’t think Doughty once took his man on.
    Let’s be honest and realistic. Neither of the aforementioned players were near the squad at the start of the season. Then add in the fact we have had to play Vennings, Stephenson and Dempsey in the last few weeks shows what a state the squad is in.
    I wouldn’t question Bowyer. He has to plan and think three or four games ahead. My only real complaint is Ledley. What was the point in signing him if he is not going to play?
  • Options
    Sarr ahould have stayed on. i called it when @blackpool72 made a joke about us having a chance of getting something out of the gane, then Pratley marks a marked man and lets a player in the box completely unmarked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Another Naby Sarr mistake for their first goal and then defenders to walk about for the second. Piss poor all round against 10 men and bollocks to the excuse being tired they were up for it in the last 10 minutes. Solly was nowhere near at the races today sorry I don’t like digging out specific players.
  • Options
    I like Bowyer , but that was so negative and defensive against 10 men . Solly and Purrington should have been hooked , not Championship level . Respect to those who travelled to that shithole .
  • Options
    It might be unfair but Davison looks dogshit. All he did was give away fouls.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Didn't see too much wrong with that considering players available. Effort was there, just tired and limited quality.
    Derby on the other hand, held their shape, especially at the back where it mattered (we only got through for a dubious pen) and they coped with going to ten men, with flair players able to break and occupy ours sufficiently well throughout. More credit due to Derby i say. 
  • Options
    I was calling it too. 2 f*ing goals in three games and plan A not working. What F*ing plan is Davison FFS!
  • Options
    Sad thing is even with money what quality players want to join a relegation scrap over a push to the Premier League
  • Options
    That was, sad to say, awful from us. We could have conceeded in the opening 40 seconds through poor defending. Both Derby's goals were due to poor defending and we looked out if it apart from the last 10 minutes. We had no clue how to break 10 men down and hardly any shots on target. We need this takeover and new players as a matter of urgency, this current squad are injury ravaged and out on their feet. If takeover doesn't happen I fear we could be screwed.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Question time
    I agree we didn't have a lot on the bench, but putting on two very inexperienced players for Sarr and Deji was madness, did they kick it more than twice? Sarr could have gone up top, Deji off and Pearce on? At least we'd have some to aim at in the box.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Another Naby Sarr mistake for their first goal and then defenders to walk about for the second. Piss poor all round against 10 men and bollocks to the excuse being tired they were up for it in the last 10 minutes. Solly was nowhere near at the races today sorry I don’t like digging out specific players.
    You clearly do. Sarr's pass was intercepted by their defender. Was the goal completely inevitable from then on? You make it out to be so
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need firstly the takeover to happen then secondly a good Jan window otherwise............................ doom and bloody gloom.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Question time
    I agree we didn't have a lot on the bench, but putting on two very inexperienced players for Sarr and Deji was madness, did they kick it more than twice? Sarr could have gone up top, Deji off and Pearce on? At least we'd have some to aim at in the box.
    Dempsey had a bloody good effort saved... Davison I agree, I've seen nothing of him that says he'll make it at this level unfortunately - But he is a Striker

I imagine the ideal plan for Bowyer today would have gone two up top after about 60mins with Taylor joining Bonne
  • Options
    I'd have taken off any two of Solly, Purrington or a clearly completely knackered Pratley and brought on...yeah Pearce maybe? Matthews for sure
  • Options
    What a load of s*** that was bring on January with the new owners please!
  • Options
    too many defenders getting in each others way and not enough bodies up the pitch - that team set up wouldn't beat a div 2 side - derby were shit other than holmes but we didn't give ourselves a chance with that set up and failed to change it     
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm with @Weegie Addick. Stick Sarr up front. With all the head tennis in the box you never know.

Otherwise a poor, but not disastrous night. Bare bones, players who aren't ready, Gallagher targeted, Solly on a bit of an off day. (He should have gone with his head for their first goal. He didn't see Knight at all).

The concern may be that the Derby youth excelled themselves, whereas ours were so-so tonight.