Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby County vs Charlton Athletic 30th December 2019 post-match views

Comments

• Pretty damn poor. No invention to get through their defence. Nor crosses that Taylor/Bonne/Davidson could get onto.

No lack of effort though and with Gallagher kicked off the park that was all we had.

Worth remembering we had 4 players out there who have played non-league this year: Doughty, Morgan, Dempsey & Davison. And Bonne last year. Shoestring budget would be an insult to shoestrings.
  • I reckon he wanted to inject some energy and they were all he had. I would have probably stuck Dempsey on for that reason but Davison is just way off this level. Pearce on would have allowed Sarr to play up the pitch in their box which they looked vulnerable to at the end. Then when it is desperate time you have Pearce too that can pressure them. I won't write him off but Solly was abject today.

As for the poor pass by Sarr. He should reasonably expect to have people showing for him and with our depleted squad we don't which puts pressure on the defenders looking for the pass.
  • Very disappointing. Not at the races and lacking all over. 

World away from the team that cruised 3-0 past Derby in Oct. 

No criticism here though. 

This squad is decimated and exhausted. 

Stick together people

clb74 said:
    B@llocks to the injuries.
    For 80 mins against 10 men we put them under no pressure whatsoever 
    F@cking b@llocks

Take your pick :-)
  • For those calling for Matthews over Solly today, they've both been involved in the same match a total of... TWO games this season for a duration of one minute each!!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-matthews/leistungsdaten/spieler/108878
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-solly/leistungsdaten/spieler/106691

Fulham and Bristol City!!

Why on earth do people suddenly think that Bowyer is going to change that approach!!!!
  • Yet another game we lost by one goal, and yet another game one of those goals we condeded was from a terrible bit of basic defending.

But yeah injuries. 
    So you think Doughty | Dempsey | Davison | Morgan | Vennings would all be involved with the First Team if it werent for injuries?

Yeah, okay!!
    What's that got to do with us conceding another poor goal, from another poor bit of defending fundamentals?

Go back and look at the highlights of our last 5 to 10 games. We have have drawn or lost most of them apart from Sheffield Wednesday by only one goal. I'm not having that convenient excuse about injuries being the reason we are conceding those poor goals.

Our defense has been what has been poor for us for a long while now, and they have been the fit blokes. 
  • Takeover needed so badly, we need some fresh legs asap.
  • we might have had 4 youngsters on but an 18 year old scored 2 goals for Derby
  • edited December 2019
    Yet another game we lost by one goal, and yet another game one of those goals we condeded was from a terrible bit of basic defending.

But yeah injuries. 
    So you think Doughty | Dempsey | Davison | Morgan | Vennings would all be involved with the First Team if it werent for injuries?

Yeah, okay!!
    What's that got to do with us conceding another poor goal, from another poor bit of defending fundamentals?

Go back and look at the highlights of our last 5 to 10 games. We have have drawn or lost most of them apart from Sheffield Wednesday by only one goal. I'm not having that convenient excuse about injuries being the reason we are conceding those poor goals.

Our defense has been what has been poor for us for a long while now, and they have been the fit blokes. 
    But who protects the Defence? - The Midfield!!... Who are in the Midfield?

Only experienced player you can rely on from that area is Pratley who hasnt put a foot wrong

Derby second goal comes from the Defence getting it out of the penalty spot and then the inexperienced midfielder (Morgan) not clearing the ball further from danger - Ball is being kicked anywhere because we dont have the Midfielders to carry the ball to safety and so create an attack of our own!!... If we had Williams or Cullen on the pitch then the ball is brought down and a long ball is sent for Taylor to run on to
  • Sponsored links:

• Painful to watch, no creativity whatsoever, full backs are dire....

Wondering how many players I will have heard of in the XI for the FA Cup tie.
  • I really don't want to contemplate it but if the takeover doesn't happen then we are definitely heading back to League One. If we could be able to miraculously play our first choice first eleven for the rest of the season then we'd be ok but lets face it, that isn't going to happen. We're spent and without reinforcements we're deeply in the shit.
  • Whilst the subs dont make any sense, too many kids on at one time etc etc, I dont see that it was a particularly horrific decision. Ultimate justification being we dont have any fit players. No other option.

We were never going to score before the change. Sarr was poor, really poor 2nd half. Deji played well but isn't going to prompt and create. 

It would be great to see if Morgan, Doughty, Dempsey or Davison have what it takes. Morgan I think has a real touch of class about him. But not all at the same time, running about like headless chickens and getting schooled by seasoned pros.

Team had nothing left, absolutely abysmal tonight. Can accept tiredness excuses from this squad of professional athletes because they are trying to compete without the right resources.

Pratley was great. Gallagher needs players around him but he is clearly mustard. Lockyer, Deji, Phillips & Purrington were average, not too bad. Alfie & Albie couldn't impose themselves on the game and were at the periphery. 

Thought Sarr was a liability in 2nd half.
    Solly needs to play RB only from now on. Sad to see him struggle to keep up these young lads, Knight tore him apart. 

3-4 new players first week of the window or it is difficult to see where the wins and performances will come from. End the window with no player improvements and we rely on no further injuries, which won't happen.
  • Kids lacked spark today.  Subs that came on reinvigorated us.

Nabby was embarrassing.  He is unfit, slow and yes he's got a good left foot but he's a defender who CANNOT defend.

Purrington just back.from injury.  Doughty very poor.  Morgan ran his bollocks off.  Gallagher needs some rest.

Thursday is gonna be horrible. 

We need to get players fit.
  • Just showing that 2nd goal on Sky, 4 Charlton defenders all drawn towards the ball leaving matey all the time in the world to score. Not pretty.
  • Utter shite performance 
    No excuses 

Come on EFL 
    Just sanction the sale and FUCK OFF 
  • Shocking. Abysmal.
    First shot, let alone on target in 90th minute against 10 men for 80 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know Naby is a bit of a cult hero and really divides opinion. However, he has to accept the majority of the blame for their first goal. A straightforward pass that should never have given the chance to be intercepted. Of course it could have been better defended but he is culpable.
  • It might be unfair but Davison looks dogshit. All he did was give away fouls.
    Best not play him ever again then. 
  • edited December 2019
    Leuth said:
    1StevieG said:
    Another Naby Sarr mistake for their first goal and then defenders to walk about for the second. Piss poor all round against 10 men and bollocks to the excuse being tired they were up for it in the last 10 minutes. Solly was nowhere near at the races today sorry I don’t like digging out specific players.
    You clearly do. Sarr's pass was intercepted by their defender. Was the goal completely inevitable from then on? You make it out to be so
    Sarrs pass was nowhere near a man in a red shirt. Then he gets caught out of position and hey presto we are 1-0 down. Again. Against Millwall didn't jump cost us the game. Did it against QPR for their first goal. I reckon I could go back and dig out plenty of other occasions where he has cost is goals but I am too pissed off to think about it. It’s getting beyond a joke now.
  • Just showing that 2nd goal on Sky, 4 Charlton defenders all drawn towards the ball leaving matey all the time in the world to score. Not pretty.
    Yet its Morgan pissing around on the edge of the area trying to run with it past a midfielder who mugs him off

Just needs to get rid of it further, the midfield can then advance along with the defence so we're not playing so deep with their danger players then offside
  • Leuth said:
    Question time
    If people arent happy with Bowyer's subs, what changes would they have made?
    Not taking off two players who have both experience and physical presence would have been a start
    So wo would you have taken off, who would you have brought on

Your response doesnt answer my question - Instead was a typical way to avoid answering it
    Oshilaja was fcked from about 60mins, passenger. 

Sarr. I can only presume had a niggle or was injured as fckin ludicrous to bring him off at that point when you want to be attacking deep balls in injury time. 

I'd have taken off Solly and Oshilaja. 
  • It might be unfair but Davison looks dogshit. All he did was give away fouls.
    he did look poor, but cant blame him, he was playing ryman premier last season (where he scored 6 in 23), nowhere near ready for championship 
  • Their first fkin goal. 

We have a free kick in their half and solly passes it back into our half.

I just don't see any case, would love to hear it from our experienced players.