Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    I've been told we've agreed terms for Harry Toffolo.

Honestly, I think this is awesome, if true. This and Madisson are the kinds of signings we should be doing, imo. The best young players in the division below us. The price is right and big potential upside. Really hope this happens. If we get both of these players, I count this as a really good January window for incomings. Best by far in the 4.5 seasons I've been following.
    Have you been able to see many of his games? I've not heard of him, not that that matters.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity how complex is it to sign a manager that wants to stay and the owners apparently want to keep.

They were all in the same vicinity at the weekend, we were told they would talk, they did, it's now 5 nights since then and we are still 'very very close' surely it's a pressing matter and they should be getting to the bottom of it rather than letting the days go by. Each to their own but if I had just bought a football club and truly wanted the manager to stay, I would make time for him and not leave that room until we come to an agreement. I don't understand the hold up 
    MS - "Gonna offer £7k a week"
    LB - "£12k!"
    MS - "£8k!"
    LB - "£10K!"
    MS - "DONE"
    LB - "Right let's go do the pub......"
    I know that's tongue in cheek but why isn't it as simple as that. The main talking points would be wages, length of contract, job security, transfer activity and I guess targets/goals Lee is expected to hit. How hard can it be to negotiate what should be the most simple negotiation in our history.

I said I was concerned anyway until that press conference where MS spoke of 5 years, if we get to this weekend and it's still not done I will find it really hard to understand why 
  • Options
    Bed wetters during games I don't like but adults asking pertinent questions on a Cafc forum about the directions of our club seems reasonable.  Saying we will be relegated is very negative but not being aware that we might be if we don't have a good window ( players staying as much as who comes in)   is CL folk having the biggest pair of rose coloured glasses since Elton John.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Just out of curiosity how complex is it to sign a manager that wants to stay and the owners apparently want to keep.

They were all in the same vicinity at the weekend, we were told they would talk, they did, it's now 5 nights since then and we are still 'very very close' surely it's a pressing matter and they should be getting to the bottom of it rather than letting the days go by. Each to their own but if I had just bought a football club and truly wanted the manager to stay, I would make time for him and not leave that room until we come to an agreement. I don't understand the hold up 
    LB - "£12k!"
    MS - "£8k!"
    LB - "£10K!"
    MS - "DONE"
    I know that's tongue in cheek but why isn't it as simple as that. The main talking points would be wages, length of contract, job security, transfer activity and I guess targets/goals Lee is expected to hit. How hard can it be to negotiate what should be the most simple negotiation in our history.

I said I was concerned anyway until that press conference where MS spoke of 5 years, if we get to this weekend and it's still not done I will find it really hard to understand why 
    If it is 5 years, from LB's pov, he'll be signing the 5 years of his life away. His contract will probably need to be written up by one legal firm and dissected by another, then re-negotiated if something isn't right, then written up again, dissected and so on. Bowyer might just now be waiting for JJ and Andy Marshall to sort themselves out, before they all sign together. All this while playing games with a depleted side and help to sort out new players with Gallen and MS. 

Then, I would have thought,  you've got the same hold ups from ESI's perspective 
  • Options
    So from what Bowyer is saying it seems the vast majority of terms etc are fine and all agreed, but there are a few details still being worked on.

Why it's taken what seems a long time I do not know but I would presume that if it is indeed a five year contract it has to cover a lot of potential futures, and have terms and conditions that vary depending on which division we are in in each of those years - LB should get paid more as a Championship manager than a League One manager but that leads to complications I presume.
  • Options

LB - "£12k!"
    MS - "£8k!"
    LB - "£10K!"
    MS - "DONE"

If it is 5 years, from LB's pov, he'll signing the 5 years of his life away. His contract will probably need to be written up by one legal firm and dissected by another, then re-negotiated if something isn't right, then written up again, dissected and so on. Bowyer might just now be waiting for JJ and Andy Marshall to sort themselves out, before they all sign together. All this while playing games with a depleted side and help to sort out new players with Gallen and MS. 

Then, I would have thought,  you've got the same hold ups from ESI's perspective 
    Good points, I just thought with the importance they would have looked to get it done last weekend, with the money involved it's surely possible to have everyone who is needed ready to get it over the line. 
  • Options

LB - "£12k!"
    MS - "£8k!"
    LB - "£10K!"
    MS - "DONE"

If it is 5 years, from LB's pov, he'll signing the 5 years of his life away. His contract will probably need to be written up by one legal firm and dissected by another, then re-negotiated if something isn't right, then written up again, dissected and so on. Bowyer might just now be waiting for JJ and Andy Marshall to sort themselves out, before they all sign together. All this while playing games with a depleted side and help to sort out new players with Gallen and MS. 

Good points, I just thought with the importance they would have looked to get it done last weekend, with the money involved it's surely possible to have everyone who is needed ready to get it over the line. 
    I'm obviously not an expert, but maybe they did get it sorted in principle, but I presume it would then take a few days to write it up and check it over. Add to that a solicitor flagging a couple points to justify their fee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which was my point Brazilance - Ibborg has added all the solicitor speculation issues that none of us can know to justify disagreeing with my earlier post, but at least we can all agree, even if we believe it has taken too long, that Bowyer signing is a good thing. The side point to this is that the one thing Ibborg and I do agree on is that we dislike each other.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Come off it. Anyway doesn't bother me but it would seem sensible to not comment on my posts all the time in a mildly negative way. I try to avoid doing so to you. When a pattern emerges it is time to stop.
  • Options
    Come off it. Anyway doesn't bother me but it would seem sensible to not comment on my posts all the time in a mildly negative way. I try to avoid doing so to you. When a pattern emerges it is time to stop.
    Surely this forum is open to all views mate. I never meant to come across as anything other than stating an opinion, people do it to my posts all the time. If I've been aggressive or unfair in anything I've said though, please point it out and I'll apologise 
  • Options
    I don't want you to apologise. There have been a number of posts where in isolation it is just disagreeing but when put together it feels personal. We have had run ins in the past so I am saying I find it tiring. Now if it is just we disagree on virtually everything, fair enough, it probably illustrates what I am saying. I can certainly try to steer clear of you if you do so with me.
  • Options
    I don't want you to apologise. There have been a number of posts where in isolation it is just disagreeing but when put together it feels personal. We have had run ins in the past so I am saying I find it tiring. Now if it is just we disagree on virtually everything, fair enough, it probably illustrates what I am saying. I can certainly try to steer clear of you if you do so with me.
    Well uf those are your rules mate, then I'd better stick to em.

And I'm sorry for apologising too...
  • Options
    I don't think I have ever read a Grapevine post all the way through.
    I’m going to get the York notes version when it comes out. 
  • Options
    Macros for the pair of you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm game
  • Options
    Sod that for a game of soldiers one of them is a big unit and a pest controller rumour has it 😉.
  • Options
    Well uf those are your rules mate, then I'd better stick to em.

And I'm sorry for apologising too...
    You didn't apologise.:)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Sod that for a game of soldiers one of them is a big unit and a pest controller rumour has it 😉.
    Which is why he digs @MuttleyCAFC out all the time. B)
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    RedChaser said:
    Which is why he digs @MuttleyCAFC out all the time. B)
    Jokes aside, I'm not a bully mate
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Not saying you are. We just rub each other up the wrong way. I know I do you too whether you admit it or not. We have our opinions and that is good for a forum, but when it feels personal it is better to steer clear. A few of your comments directed at my comments lately have made me feel that. Neither of us need it.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Very good attitude, best to get how you feel out in the air without kicking off, now we can all move along so we can get back to worrying about Bow's contract.
    Which is all I was doing in the first place to be honest