Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters group meeting with Matt Southall - Friday 24th January

Comments

• Options
    Didn't he say something will happen in February that the fans would not like? Or, words to that effect? Perhaps you can get him to elaborate a bit more on Friday?
    In his interview for the website, he said, "If you think January is bad, just wait for Feb, you know." Just in-between the bit about the 5 year deal and investing in the training ground
  • Options
    Come on people, this is a positive move. For sure it has not just happened on a whim, they are aware of what is being said on here.
    Nothing to do with what's being said on here as the meeting was planned weeks ago.
    OK. Whatever. But they are aware of what is being said on here. 
    Of course they are, one of them is a Lifer.
    Yes, I know that. What is your point?

Mine is, that they are well aware of the current overall tone of opinion, and yet remain ready to engage publicly, which is more than the previous regime ever did until things got to breaking point. They will know the questions that will be asked. I am sure that you agree that this is a positive, and thank heavens you will be there to ask all the most important ones, (on behalf of the Museum).
    Yes it's a positive.

The museum is apolitical so we won't be asking about anything other than heritage and storage issues : - :smile:
    For example, where are we planning to store the new pair of strikers that they should be buying this month ...
    More like can you shift those old VAT receipts out of that storeroom so we can put museum items in there.

This is what really matters. 

Who cares about strikers?

Probably need landowners permission.
  • Options
    Impressed that they are meeting with fan groups in their first month of ownership. Especially as they took over right at the beginning of the transfer window.

Hopefully this will be the first of many and that together we can take our club forward. Nothing would have got me anywhere near a meeting with Rolands chums and I had a lot of respect for those that did. Wish I was attending this one, feels like it could be quite a privilege to be at the start of something positive.

‘Were on our way, we’re on our way. On Bowyer’s journey, were on our way’.
  • Options
    How could anyone see this as a bad thing? Some of you lot deserve Roland
    How many people have seen it as a bad thing?
  • Options
    if we still haven't signed anyone it could be an uncomfortable evening for Matt
    Our new signing Kanu will be in attendance. 
  • Options
    not just could, but should be uncomfortable .. all that has been forthcoming so far is a lot of PR and hot air. Very appropriate coming from Arabia, but it's not enough to sustain warm feelings towards ESI in a cold and wintry SE7 or indeed in a cold and blustery Lincolnshire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Can anyone confirm whether ESI do or do not own the Valley? It seems like there's a lot of rumours but nothing solid posted. 

*I may have missed the concrete evidence.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can anyone confirm whether ESI do or do not own the Valley? It seems like there's a lot of rumours but nothing solid posted. 

*I may have missed the concrete evidence.
    After confirming that they own the Valley they then told us they had a contractual commitment to buy the Valley & SL within 6 months so it seems no they don't own the Valley.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Off_it said:
    I presume all the usual bumlickers will be going along so they can all jostle to see who can act the most self-important and get their tongue up the new chairman's arse the furthest.

Edit: Just seen, they are going!
    You've not been invited then?
    No need. Matt has me on speed-dial and has already sought my advice on how to deal with the plebs.
    ;-)
  • Options
    I hope for @3blokes sake this is just a hiccup in the great satisfied burp of ESI tenure over the next five years.

The thought of 3blokes metaphorically being chained to his Radiator for years on end AGAIN, after just being released is cruel beyond belief. Did Terry Waite go back to the Lebanon ? No, rag week in Canterbury was his worse experience after that.

• Options
    It would be good if someone asked MS how much they have *already* paid to buy CAFC Ltd. Gotta be £1 hasn't it?
    I'm not saying there's a problem if that's the case, but it would be good to know.
  • Options
    Gotta be £1? 

Why because Roland once said as a throwaway remark that he’d sell the club for free as long as he got paid his London property valuation for Sparrows Lane and the Valley?  

And the entity that owns the freeholds for those has not yet transferred and so therefore no money can have been paid for them even though it is quite common to pay up front and adjust later for specified improvements/issues with value?

Still not really understanding why we should know all the details. I do agree that being clearer would be helpful and perhaps be enough.

’We do not currently own the freehold of the Valley or Sparrow’s Lane but we have a contractual commitment to buy these with the price and agreed adjustment mechanism all in the initial contracts.’ Would that be enough?
  • Options
    Cut MS some slack fellas. 
    He is meeting with reps from several fan groups - a chance for folk to tell him what matters to them about CAFC. 

Yes, the lack of players is a drag - and it will be question 1. 

We have made offers - that in itself is a big change from previous years. 

Yes, we want LB signed up - and it will be question 2. 

There is a 5 year deal on the table -  and that is a very positive commitment in current football. 

Nobody wants to be in a relegation dogfight - least of all, someone that has paid £50m for the club. 

Keep the faith.
  • Options
    Can whether £50m has been paid for the club or £1 be question 3 please?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What are ESI's plans for the academy? Why haven't any of our young players been signed up to longer contracts since the takeover? 
  • Options
    What are ESI's plans for the academy? Why haven't any of our young players been signed up to longer contracts since the takeover? 
    Kin 'ell we haven't even signed up the manager or made any signings as yet.
    Unreal.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Is there to be a new management structure behind the scenes to ensure those who actively created hostility towards Charlton fans are no longer at the Club?
    That's a great question to ask over tea & sandwiches
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    What are your views on protest banners?
  • Options
    Our new signing Kanu will be in attendance. 
    Is that the barbed wire kanu we're up shit creek in?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Addickted said:
    Off_it said:
    I presume all the usual bumlickers will be going along so they can all jostle to see who can act the most self-important and get their tongue up the new chairman's arse the furthest.

Edit: Just seen, they are going!
    You've not been invited then?
    No need. Matt has me on speed-dial and has already sought my advice on how to deal with the plebs.
    ;-)
    Darn I had you down as my plus one..
  • Options
    Bump. Today.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Can anyone turn up, or is it anyone who is anyone can turn up?

In Which case I’m out!