Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters group meeting with Matt Southall - Friday 24th January

Comments

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    So they do own the stadium , boom 
    don’t ask the question again cos the answer may change 
    The way I understand it is that they own the leasehold of The Valley but NOT the freehold of SE7 8BL (yet)
    Anyone agree?
    I’m useless with this stuff what’s leasehold/ freehold difference 

I
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    freehold - you own the house and the land it is on
    leasehold - you own the house but someone else owns the land it is on and you pay the leaseholder rent
  • Options
    Who’s Paul McCarthy ? 
    Used to be in some band can't remember their name, they weren't very good.
  • Options
    Good meeting.

I was positive before meeting Matt and Lee Amis and continue to be so.

MS knows he has to walk the walk, he said so, but he has a plan.

ESI DO own the stadium. They don't yet own the car park etc but have something like a "compulsory purchase order" to by it and Sparrows Lane said Paul McCarthy.

Meeting ended by eight as MS  and LA had a meeting with an agent for a player we MIGHT see sign early next week.

And Paul McCarthy reads CL avidly.

More later. Wine calls.
    Interesting that Lee Amis seems to be getting involved in transfers, what exactly is his formal role now, is he employed by the club or is he a consultant?
  • Options
    Who’s Paul McCarthy ? 
     Huge West Ham fan.
  • Options
    leasehold - you own the house but someone else owns the land it is on and you pay the leaseholder rent
    Wont be rent, will be a service charge. Peppercorn rent...
  • Options
    Henry Irving, can you clarify The Valley/Sparrows Lane ownership status please.
    I know razil has commented, but do you agree ?
    Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry Irving, can you clarify The Valley/Sparrows Lane ownership status please.
    I know razil has commented, but do you agree ?
    Thanks.

What has Southall got to say about this?  It's what comes out of his beak that is what matters, nobody else.
  • Options
    Training ground 

The new pitches have new drainage (French drain whatever that is????) So won't be bogs anymore when heavy rain.
    French drain? .... there you go, Henry:

"Un drain ou pierrée est un tuyau, souvent en plastique, perforé sur la partie supérieure, et entouré de pierre de petite taille. Il est posé dans le sol au pied des fondations d'un bâtiment mais aussi dans différents ouvrages de génie civil, pour évacuer le surplus d'eau du sol, en opérer le drainage."   

Hope that helps:smile:

• Options
    For the benefit of Henry and the Sparrows Lane Project Manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7goh7iDCx0

• Options
    You are the leaseholder, you pay the freeholder rent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Training ground 

Academy big part of the attraction of owning the club.

Plans were passed around. Museum have blagged them but will scan them and post on here ASAP.

three story building with 30 units for resting IE between sessions but not living quarters. You could stay overnight but not for living in.

Work will start in summer and take a "conservative" 18 to 24 months leading to Cat 1 status in three years.

Plans include an indoor pitch.

The new pitches have new drainage (French drain whatever that is????) So won't be bogs anymore when heavy rain.
    Excellent news about the Academy and training ground and pleased that they have shared the plans with you. Look forward to seeing them. A good sign for the future that they are at least sharing info and plans.
    French drain, put simply, is a pipe with holes in that is buried under the ground and covered in gravel. The rain water filters through the ground and gravel and you create a path for the excess water to drain away elsewhere. Pretty effective and would solve any waterlogged areas

• Options
    CatAddick said:8
    The way I understand it is that they own the leasehold of The Valley but NOT the freehold of SE7 8BL (yet)
    Anyone agree?
    If a lease, don't the previous Directors with the Debentures have to consent? Maybe they have??
  • Options

Which is not boring.
  • Options

Which is not boring.
    With Freehold you do own the property and the land it is on, when you buy leasehold you buy a lease (for a length of time stated on the lease) that allows you to live in the property but you don't own it.  
  • Options
    Paul McCarthy is an ex journalist and now  PR consultant to the club. Has been v proactive in arranging fan engagement and probably the one writing the statements. 

Lee Amis is a lifelong Charlton fan and erstwhile poster on here. 

Duchatelet still owns The Valley?

A shame the meeting had to finish at 8 due to another engagement that could not be postponed.
    Here was me thinking signings were the most important thing for a chairman to be sorting in January.

How could I be so blind?
  • Options
    I hope ESI had very good lawyers . 
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Anyone agree?
    I’m useless with this stuff what’s leasehold/ freehold difference 

I
    Every property has a freeholder and, if the freeholder chooses, he can rent it out to someone else for a specified time with unrestricted or limited rights of occupation according to the terms of an agreement called a leasehold agreement.  Owning land is less important than the right to occupy and use land, which is why a long lease title can be far more valuable than a freehold title over a leased property. 

MS is purportedly saying they have bought CAFC.  CAFC I understand holds a lease to occupy and use the Valley grated by the freeholder CAFC Holdings Ltd. If so nothing has changed regarding the rights of CAFC (essentially the football club) under the leasehold to occupy and use the Valley. It's almost an irrelevancy that RD still owns Holdings since the freeholder can't do anything with the property while it is leased out to CAFC.  If RD sold the freehold it would come with the lease granted to CAFC.  So the freehold would have little value apart from the rental income value unless the new freeholder also acquired the lease from CAFC.

Would expect a contact exists which only allows CAFC Holdings to be sold to ESI.
    BINGO !