Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters group meeting with Matt Southall - Friday 24th January

Comments

• Options
    Can anyone turn up, or is it anyone who is anyone can turn up?

In Which case I’m out!
    Invite only 
  • Options
    What are ESI's plans for the academy? Why haven't any of our young players been signed up to longer contracts since the takeover? 
    The gift that keeps on giving.

Santa, why didn't you make that question more snappy ?

You  should've done a wrap version.
  • Options
    Any plans for the Valley in the next five years?.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Good evening Matt,

Under the last owner's tenure, we had young players leave because the contracts were poor on various levels: Joe Gomez, the most gifted youngster we have produced was always going to leave, but why wasn't a 10 million release clause inserted as Liverpool were boasting how cheap they purchased him for, we looked unprofessional by not realising Gomez's true value. 
    Can you encourage Charlton fan's that the likes of Joe Aribo and Currently Alfie Doughty can have a future at Cafc ?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Uboat said:
    Good evening Matt,

Under the last owner's tenure, we had young players leave because the contracts were poor on various levels: Joe Gomez, the most gifted youngster we have produced was always going to leave, but why wasn't a 10 million release clause inserted as Liverpool were boasting how cheap they purchased him for and in the national media, we looked unprofessional by not realising Gomez's true value. 
    Can you encourage Charlton fan's that as we become a well run football club, the likes of Joe Aribo and Currently Alfie Doughty can have a future at Cafc ?
    If he's got a sense of humour the correct reply is, 'Sorry, could you repeat the question?'

I'm not interested in Matt Southall's favourite TV Program but the Selling of talented young players has to only happen if a high price is reached. It's a important question for everyone who pays into Valley Gold.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Good evening Matt,

Under the last owner's tenure, we had young players leave because the contracts were poor on various levels: Joe Gomez, the most gifted youngster we have produced was always going to leave, but why wasn't a 10 million release clause inserted as Liverpool were boasting how cheap they purchased him for and in the national media, we looked unprofessional by not realising Gomez's true value. 
    Can you encourage Charlton fan's that as we become a well run football club, the likes of Joe Aribo and Currently Alfie Doughty can have a future at Cafc ?
    If he's got a sense of humour the correct reply is, 'Sorry, could you repeat the question?'
    That would be a short snappy question for Sam.

His questions at Bromley Addicks rival a Grapevine post.

:-)
    Guilty as Charged Henry, but this is a valid question and needs to be asked of Matt Southall in his position as Chairman. A sound bite question means you get a sound bite answer.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    It would be good if someone asked MS how much they have *already* paid to buy CAFC Ltd. Gotta be £1 hasn't it?
    I'm not saying there's a problem if that's the case, but it would be good to know.
    Honestly, why does it matter 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt deserves our support and respect, for getting rid of the Douchebag who had so little interest in Cafc.
    Questions need to be asked that are imperative for Cafc fans to have an understanding of the "model" (in a respectful way obviously)

If you want to sell 24k tickets in the Charlton areas then you need to show the fans you have ambition while also having business acumen. Giving Bowyer and hopefully now his coaches new contracts, we will have football acumen.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Why haven't any of our young players been sold to Burnley yet?
    Fixed it for you. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

In Which case I’m out!
    Invite only 
    And no Fanny tonight.

In fact, I believe there's a dearth of female FF members....
  • Options

In Which case I’m out!
    Nope..
  • Options
    Is this meeting going to broadcasted live on the Valley Pass? With good lighting:)
  • Options
    This is defined as a ‘meet and greet’ with recognised fans groups 2 fans from each - as I understand it that means the usual FF format doesn’t apply,

Regardless there are some fairly apparent questions that those attending will no doubt try and get answers to and will be relayed back.
  • Options
    is Sue Parkes providing the vol-au-vonts?
  • Options
    No info on refreshments or dress code :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the mere mortals such as myself, when can we expect to hear/see what the outcome of this meeting was?
  • Options
    For the mere mortals such as myself, when can we expect to hear/see what the outcome of this meeting was?
    This time next year and be grateful 
  • Options
    Me and NLA have been invited representing the Eleven Just Men
    I thought your duo was called The Usual Suspects ? 

:wink:
  • Options
    The lady steward at the top of the stairs as you get to ones seat asked to see my ticket.
    NP, but I asked why and the reply was “because we have new owners”. I felt this was a bit unacceptable as it sends out a negative to fans and did not answer the question anyway.
    I could probably guess why, but poor customer service and reflects what away supporters say about our stewards. I wonder if he has a view on this?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:
    It would be good if someone asked MS how much they have *already* paid to buy CAFC Ltd. Gotta be £1 hasn't it?
    I'm not saying there's a problem if that's the case, but it would be good to know.
    Honestly, why does it matter 
    Well if they’ve spent £1 they’ve prolly got another few hundred pound to entice some signings and if they’ve spent £20m they’ve prolly got real money involved and will be able to afford to buy The Valley and training ground at some point .

• Options
    She will be eating them that’s for sure. 
  • Options

'recognised fan groups'

this should be an interesting list...

probably based on the list on website I'd imagine
  • Options
    razil said:

'recognised fan groups'

this should be an interesting list...

probably based on the list on website I'd imagine
    I assume that’s this one...

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/supporter-groups