Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training ground plans

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:
    So is this actually going ahead or is it a pipe dream?
    Work starts in the summer
  • Options
    And is our tone project manager?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    And is our tone project manager?
    Nope
  • Options
    Looking at the dates on the paperwork - none of them say 2019 or 2020 - so presumably they’re all the original plan.

am I right in thinking the rooms/third floor were in the original spec, but RD removed them/it to save on money - now it has been put back in by ESI
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Looking at the dates on the paperwork - none of them say 2019 or 2020 - so presumably they’re all the original plan.

am I right in thinking the rooms/third floor were in the original spec, but RD removed them/it to save on money - now it has been put back in by ESI
    Yes, I think so
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Yes, I think so
    I thought there were residents that objected to the original plans? Or was that what we were led to believe 😉
  • Options
    Once the training ground redevelopment has been completed will we automatically become a Category 1 academy?
    No but we'd be very close

We'd have to show we had the right level of qualified staff, equipment and procedures to meet the standards required.

I don't know the detail.
    I think that a Cat 1 academy is considerably more expensive to run than Cat 2, with a lot more staff
  • Options
    I’m very concerned about no mention of trenches. 
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2020
    Exciting plans. Thanks for sharing the plans.

A top grade Academy will help Charlton compete particularly with FFP.

Hopefully this time, the dream of playing our top young players in the first team and for them to have dreams of playing in the top flight fulfilled, with playing at Charlton and not having to move, has a chance to happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?
    Car park spaces need double lines like in Bluewater so you don't do in your back squeezing in and out, and for the future each car park space should have a charger for electric cars. Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food, and a little tea hut for spectators at U18 and U23 matches (I will work in there for free if it helps).
    Fantastic plans, love 'em, almost as good a pouring over train timetables.
    Of course they dont. Ridiculous comment.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?
    Car park spaces need double lines like in Bluewater so you don't do in your back squeezing in and out, and for the future each car park space should have a charger for electric cars. Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food, and a little tea hut for spectators at U18 and U23 matches (I will work in there for free if it helps).

No ridiculous at all. More and more sportspeople are choosing a vegan/vegetarian diet so why is a separate cooking and preparation area 'ridiculous'?
  • Options
    The trench should stay in perpetuity IMO... 

A salutory reminder of the dangers of European Euro millionaires.  Plus if either RD, dopey Daisy or any of their satanic imps turn up, they can be kicked straight in the trench and buried.
  • Options
    I’m very concerned about no mention of trenches. 
    Removed because of worries about bielsa using them to hide
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?

No ridiculous at all. More and more sportspeople are choosing a vegan/vegetarian diet so why is a separate cooking and preparation area 'ridiculous'.
    Theres already a separate cooking and food preparation area. It's called a kitchen.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?

No ridiculous at all. More and more sportspeople are choosing a vegan/vegetarian diet so why is a separate cooking and preparation area 'ridiculous'.
    Theres already a separate cooking and food preparation area. It's called a kitchen.
    I suspect you already know this, but vegetarians and vegans are wary of cross contamination from meat and fish based stuff, like might happen on the same cooking surfaces, the same utensils and splashing of lard or meat fat or fish oil.
    So no, not ridiculous, or at least not as ridiculous as you choosing to make an issue out of what I originally wrote.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?

I suspect you already know this, but vegetarians and vegans are wary of cross contamination from meat and fish based stuff, like might happen on the same cooking surfaces, the same utensils and splashing of lard or meat fat or fish oil.
    So no, not ridiculous, or at least not as ridiculous as you choosing to make an issue out of what I originally wrote.
    So are you suggesting that all restaurants should now have two kitchens? Just to satisfy the vegan brigade? You gonna pay for that?

I suspect that professional chefs are fully aware of the issues with cross contamination of food. No need for a completely separate facility.

But I suspect you just wanted another opportunity to tell people you are a vegan and push that agenda. Again.
    I have never once said I am a vegan, because I am not. The agenda being pushed again is you trying to find fault and create an issue where none exists.
    You're a blinkered pompous arse and this conversation is over.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Looks great. 

Out of interest, does anyone know how many teams in premier league/championship currently have Cat 1 academy? 

Presumably most, if not all, premier league teams do. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?

So are you suggesting that all restaurants should now have two kitchens? Just to satisfy the vegan brigade? You gonna pay for that?

I suspect that professional chefs are fully aware of the issues with cross contamination of food. No need for a completely separate facility.

But I suspect you just wanted another opportunity to tell people you are a vegan and push that agenda. Again.
    Stop acting like a dick. No, the separate kitchen or kitchen area as is stated above (amazing how some have selective reading cognition!) is a question being asked, especially with more and more athletes going vegetarian or vegan. Venus Williams, David Haye, Jermain Defoe, even Neil Robertson the snooker player are vegan. It's a fair consideration if there is a possibility of cross-contamination. Would you expect Muslim athletes - like Naby Sarr, I think, unless I have that very wrong - to be happy if pork product is used without due consideration for cross-contamination?

So no. He's not bloody suggesting all restaurants should have two kitchens. Stop deliberately strawmanning and acting like a twat. A separate area AS IS SAID ABOVE is a fair question.

He's also not a vegan lol mug
    Lol. Who rattled your cage?

Calling people twats and dicks. Is that called for?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?

Stop acting like a dick. No, the separate kitchen or kitchen area as is stated above (amazing how some have selective reading cognition!) is a question being asked, especially with more and more athletes going vegetarian or vegan. Venus Williams, David Haye, Jermain Defoe, even Neil Robertson the snooker player are vegan. It's a fair consideration if there is a possibility of cross-contamination. Would you expect Muslim athletes - like Naby Sarr, I think, unless I have that very wrong - to be happy if pork product is used without due consideration for cross-contamination?

So no. He's not bloody suggesting all restaurants should have two kitchens. Stop deliberately strawmanning and acting like a twat. A separate area AS IS SAID ABOVE is a fair question.

I didn't call you a twat and/or dick.

I said stop acting like one. So no, I can verifiably say I have not called you a twat or dick.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?

I said stop acting like one. So no, I can verifiably say I have not called you a twat or dick.
    Lol. Now who's being selective.

Did you call me a mug though? Just to be clear.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?

I have never once said I am a vegan, because I am not. The agenda being pushed again is you trying to find fault and create an issue where none exists.
    But I'm not a racist
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?

Lol. Now who's being selective.

Did you call me a mug though? Just to be clear.
    Don't understand how ensuring your reading comprehension is up to scratch is being selective, but sure.

And I refer you to the addendum above.

And you were being selective from the outset! There are many good and positive things in Seth's post, and you pick up on a vegetarian/veganism thing and claim it's peddling an "agenda". I wonder who truly has the agenda.
  • Options
    Have I stumbled into the Brexit thread?
    No. Just Seth being Seth.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?

But I'm not a racist
    'But'. LOL.