Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training ground plans

Comments

• Options
    They are resting areas but not places to live. I dare say overnight stays will occur but this is not accommodation in the sense of digs.
  • Options
    Let’s take this over to Macros
  • Options
    They are resting areas but not places to live. I dare say overnight stays will occur but this is not accommodation in the sense of digs.
    It's not being explained as such, but it seems strange to me that they're having fully self contained units for "players to rest in". Can understand a quite room to wind down in, but don't players just get given rest days?
  • Options
    By the vegetable isle
  • Options
    seth plum said:8
    "You do make me laugh Seth. 

Every year without fail fail you end up in some meaningless debate about an event you have zero likelihood in attending. "

Yet there's no agenda....

Your first post had no question, as paddy had claimed:

"Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food"

Unless one has an agenda there is no reason a football clubs training facilities need a seperate vegetarian cooking area.

So not wrong.

Yes wrong.
    What on earth 'agenda' is there FFS?
    Sheesh. When the Valley West Stand was being planned a council officer asked about separate changing facilities for female match officials. At the time the question was mocked, yet yesterday we saw the female assistant at Brentford, was the council official asking a question because they had an 'agenda'?
    On this thread my first post was uncontroversial, yet out of a clear blue sky you have created friction not because of what I wrote but because of what looks like your personal antipathy towards me.
    If you wish to pursue your personal attacks do it in a private message.
    No, it's because what you said is ridiculous, the club does not need to provide seperate cooking areas for vegetarians, you only think its to do with personal antipathy as you love playing the victim.

PaddyP17 said:
    PopIcon said:

Every year without fail fail you end up in some meaningless debate about an event you have zero likelihood in attending. "

"Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food"

Unless one has an agenda there is no reason a football clubs training facilities need a seperate vegetarian cooking area.

So not wrong.

Just stop now, this is a petulant argument.
    DM one and other if you care that much, because I can assure you no one else does.
    ''Be careful or I'll have a family member come and insult you。 :D
    You think that's how family works? "Come help me fight fires"? Man, your life must be warped.

See - the thing is, I get on with mine, so yeah, of my own volition I'm happy to stick up for Seth. I'm really, really sorry for you that apparently you have such a transactional view of family that I was doing this as some sort of favour.
    I think that's how your family works, yea, as this not the first time it's happened, luckily my family who use the forum (Hi Mum) would never think of jumping in and throwing personal insults around. Fortunately I get on perfectly well with my family, so not really sure where that comment is coming from either.

Let's just end this here and you and daddy can stick to PMing people requesting meetups to resolve these issues.
  • Options
    It would seem Seth has been asking other posters to do exactly that, now thatd be a PPV worth paying for. 
  • Options
    It would seem Seth has been asking other posters to do exactly that, now thatd be a PPV worth paying for. 
    Not the case, and never have I done this either, as you've said above. Strange.

And the only personal insult I used was "mug". But yes, let's end it here, but remember where it began: with Off_it and subsequently yourself having a go at someone who brought up an idea - which I believe is indeed misguided - and claiming it to be "pushing an agenda" or "playing the victim" and "ridiculous".
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    Not the case, and never have I done this either, as you've said above. Strange.

And the only personal insult I used was "mug". But yes, let's end it here, but remember where it began: with Off_it and subsequently yourself having a go at someone who brought up an idea - which I believe is indeed misguided - and claiming it to be "pushing an agenda" or "playing the victim" and "ridiculous".
    You might wanna double check with your dad before you claim it's not the case, mainly because it is the case.

Thanks for highlighting the 3 key points, now we can get back to discussing our future Cat1 academy.
  • Options
    seth plum said:8

So not wrong.

Yes wrong.
    What on earth 'agenda' is there FFS?
    Sheesh. When the Valley West Stand was being planned a council officer asked about separate changing facilities for female match officials. At the time the question was mocked, yet yesterday we saw the female assistant at Brentford, was the council official asking a question because they had an 'agenda'?
    On this thread my first post was uncontroversial, yet out of a clear blue sky you have created friction not because of what I wrote but because of what looks like your personal antipathy towards me.
    If you wish to pursue your personal attacks do it in a private message.
    No, it's because what you said is ridiculous, the club does not need to provide seperate cooking areas for vegetarians, you only think its to do with personal antipathy as you love playing the victim.

PaddyP17 said:
    PopIcon said:

So not wrong.

Just stop now, this is a petulant argument.
    DM one and other if you care that much, because I can assure you no one else does.
    ''Be careful or I'll have a family member come and insult you。 :D
    You think that's how family works? "Come help me fight fires"? Man, your life must be warped.

See - the thing is, I get on with mine, so yeah, of my own volition I'm happy to stick up for Seth. I'm really, really sorry for you that apparently you have such a transactional view of family that I was doing this as some sort of favour.
    I think that's how your family works, yea, as this not the first time it's happened, luckily my family who use the forum (Hi Mum) would never think of jumping in and throwing personal insults around. Fortunately I get on perfectly well with my family, so not really sure where that comment is coming from either.

Let's just end this here and you and daddy can stick to PMing people requesting meetups to resolve these issues.

This is my first post on this thread in full:

Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?
    Car park spaces need double lines like in Bluewater so you don't do in your back squeezing in and out, and for the future each car park space should have a charger for electric cars. Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food, and a little tea hut for spectators at U18 and U23 matches (I will work in there for free if it helps).
    Fantastic plans, love 'em, almost as good a pouring over train timetables.

You have chosen to select part of it to be insulting and call the point ridiculous.

I have answered that it is not ridiculous, you have fanned the flames yourself, not me.

As for PMing and asking for meet ups, would you like me to publish on here my off line conversation with @Off_it in full from December when I was concerned that he or she called me a racist? That way you can get the full picture rather than one side.

I appreciate you want to 'end things here' which above I invited you to do by taking it private, but you have chosen to continue in this public space. You chose then to continue not to 'end things'.

As for throwing personal insults around, have you ever heard of the saying 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IF they don't offer a vegetarian Ginsters then sling it out!
  • Options
    Nurse, nurse ...... hes out of bed again!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    That's exactly what they were designed for. It's why I found it surprising the application got through planning. However, this is old, old news. 
  • Options
    That little trees doing me farkin head in -

Yea but its not his fault he's not on the far side with the other little trees.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Give it a rest all of you, bloody hell. 

Don't need to ask for separate areas in kitchens for vegetarian and vegan food, that's already a thing in all professional kitchens worth their salt, and seeing as sports nutrition etc is a forerunner in plant based proteins and fuels, I don't think this will be an issue going forward.

I'm surprised by the "rest areas" as people have called them, sure look like digs to me, but maybe that's a way to get around certain restrictions on building and planning permission. 
    Wrong wrong wrong 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Give it a rest all of you, bloody hell. 

Don't need to ask for separate areas in kitchens for vegetarian and vegan food, that's already a thing in all professional kitchens worth their salt, and seeing as sports nutrition etc is a forerunner in plant based proteins and fuels, I don't think this will be an issue going forward.

I'm surprised by the "rest areas" as people have called them, sure look like digs to me, but maybe that's a way to get around certain restrictions on building and planning permission. 
    Wrong wrong wrong 
    All the kitchens I have worked in have had separated working areas and kitchen flows to minimise cross contamination between high risk foods, vegan/vegetarian and meat, including designated equipment for each
  • Options
    You would have separate chopping boards for meat & vegetables & in some cases separate knives & areas for vegetables but this does not constitute a vegetarian section, knives & equipment are not a legal requirement but only advised by EHO , most chefs use their own knives and I assure you we do not carry a set of vegetarian knives or for any other allergy otherwise we would need an assistant to just carry our knives , proper cleaning practices are sufficient to prevent cross contamination.
    Veggie/vegan is a lifestyle choice but some people have life threatening allergies which rank high up in priority for any kitchen but do you think we have a nut free section with nut free equipment & nut free ovens ,fryers & grills  and then another piece of kitchen with a gluten free section and more ovens etc then a lactose free section and a section & equipment for every eventuality? Maybe the tardis would have this kitchen ? I’ve worked in kitchens for almost 30 years from Claridges to hungry horses from Kent cricket ground to p&o ferries & everything in between and I have never once had a vegetarian section or cooking equipment, I’m sure there are many out there but it’s a very small minority. 
  • Options
    You would have separate chopping boards for meat & vegetables & in some cases separate knives & areas for vegetables but this does not constitute a vegetarian section, knives & equipment are not a legal requirement but only advised by EHO , most chefs use their own knives and I assure you we do not carry a set of vegetarian knives or for any other allergy otherwise we would need an assistant to just carry our knives , proper cleaning practices are sufficient to prevent cross contamination.
    Veggie/vegan is a lifestyle choice but some people have life threatening allergies which rank high up in priority for any kitchen but do you think we have a nut free section with nut free equipment & nut free ovens ,fryers & grills  and then another piece of kitchen with a gluten free section and more ovens etc then a lactose free section and a section & equipment for every eventuality? Maybe the tardis would have this kitchen ? I’ve worked in kitchens for almost 30 years from Claridges to hungry horses from Kent cricket ground to p&o ferries & everything in between and I have never once had a vegetarian section or cooking equipment, I’m sure there are many out there but it’s a very small minority. 
    Right, my mind's made up I'm not going Vegan :smile:
  • Options

That's the Oztumer tree
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So in summary I may be able to augment the clubs income by booking an overnight stay in some luxury hotel rooms above a Michelin starred vegan only kitchen and be able to watch training the next day?
    I am sorry but, throwing fuel on a burning fire is banned on here. 
  • Options
    So in summary I may be able to augment the clubs income by booking an overnight stay in some luxury hotel rooms above a Michelin starred vegan only kitchen and be able to watch training the next day?
    Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing up what the club do and don't need,hopefully that will be an end to ridiculous claims.
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing up what the club do and don't need,hopefully that will be an end to ridiculous claims.
    🤫🤫🤫🤫
  • Options
    Serious question.  If the rooms that aren't for living in, but can be slept in, are used is there provision for food avaliable?

Is where the players eat only open before and after training or is it open longer?  I assume there are staff and academy players there at different times?

Could someone stay there, for a short timeand get 3 or 4 meals a day there? 
  • Options
    Do they have separate bedrooms for vegans?
    It’s a little bit more than that. They are building a separate training ground for them. 

Marrows Lane?
    I’ll set them up you knock ‘em in. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Serious question.  If the rooms that aren't for living in, but can be slept in, are used is there provision for food avaliable?

Is where the players eat only open before and after training or is it open longer?  I assume there are staff and academy players there at different times?

Could someone stay there, for a short timeand get 3 or 4 meals a day there?

It's not a prison.
  • Options
    The bedrooms make sense if we have an early start to an away game and players live a bit of a drive away. A player needs as much rest as possible before a game.
    Useful for SG working all hours during transfer windows as well!