Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training ground plans

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?
    Car park spaces need double lines like in Bluewater so you don't do in your back squeezing in and out, and for the future each car park space should have a charger for electric cars. Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food, and a little tea hut for spectators at U18 and U23 matches (I will work in there for free if it helps).
    Fantastic plans, love 'em, almost as good a pouring over train timetables.
    Of course they dont. Ridiculous comment.

No ridiculous at all. More and more sportspeople are choosing a vegan/vegetarian diet so why is a separate cooking and preparation area 'ridiculous'.
    Theres already a separate cooking and food preparation area. It's called a kitchen.
    I suspect you already know this, but vegetarians and vegans are wary of cross contamination from meat and fish based stuff, like might happen on the same cooking surfaces, the same utensils and splashing of lard or meat fat or fish oil.
    So no, not ridiculous, or at least not as ridiculous as you choosing to make an issue out of what I originally wrote.
    So are you suggesting that all restaurants should now have two kitchens? Just to satisfy the vegan brigade? You gonna pay for that?

I suspect that professional chefs are fully aware of the issues with cross contamination of food. No need for a completely separate facility.

But I suspect you just wanted another opportunity to tell people you are a vegan and push that agenda. Again.
    Stop acting like a dick. No, the separate kitchen or kitchen area as is stated above (amazing how some have selective reading cognition!) is a question being asked, especially with more and more athletes going vegetarian or vegan. Venus Williams, David Haye, Jermain Defoe, even Neil Robertson the snooker player are vegan. It's a fair consideration if there is a possibility of cross-contamination. Would you expect Muslim athletes - like Naby Sarr, I think, unless I have that very wrong - to be happy if pork product is used without due consideration for cross-contamination?

So no. He's not bloody suggesting all restaurants should have two kitchens. Stop deliberately strawmanning and acting like a twat. A separate area AS IS SAID ABOVE is a fair question.

He's also not a vegan lol mug
    Lol. Who rattled your cage?

Calling people twats and dicks. Is that called for?
    I didn't call you a twat and/or dick.

I said stop acting like one. So no, I can verifiably say I have not called you a twat or dick.
    Lol. Now who's being selective.

Did you call me a mug though? Just to be clear.
    Don't understand how ensuring your reading comprehension is up to scratch is being selective, but sure.

And I refer you to the addendum above.

And you were being selective from the outset! There are many good and positive things in Seth's post, and you pick up on a vegetarian/veganism thing and claim it's peddling an "agenda". I wonder who truly has the agenda.
    From memory I believe the two of you are related, so completely understand why you feel the need to jump in.

I just find it baffling that we have some great plans unveiled and someone has to bring up a separate cooking area for vegans, of all things!

Professional chefs are all fully aware of food cross contamination issues. No need for separate areas.

It's a strange thing to suggest. That's all.
    Fair enough to find it baffling or strange. Whatever. But I don't know if anyone else would see it as such a big concern, or as thinking that is so offensive, as to prompt them to comment that Seth is "pushing an agenda".

I would say that it's impractical to have a separate kitchen entirely, of course. But in the context - for instance - of Chelsea opening a fully vegan food kiosk, or Burger King's new plant-based Whopper not being suitable for vegetarians or vegans, it's clear that a non-meat diet is in the mainstream/zeitgeist, and Seth's question by extension isn't exactly as "ridiculous" as you would like everyone to think.
    It wasn't a question though, was it, it was a statement on what, in his opinion, the facility needs.

When someone posts the same things on every food related thread and sometimes on non food related threads, at what point do you think it does become pushing an agenda? Even mods have had to mention it to Seth in the past.
    What on earth are you talking about?
    You are simply wrong I'm afraid.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?
    Car park spaces need double lines like in Bluewater so you don't do in your back squeezing in and out, and for the future each car park space should have a charger for electric cars. Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food, and a little tea hut for spectators at U18 and U23 matches (I will work in there for free if it helps).
    Fantastic plans, love 'em, almost as good a pouring over train timetables.
    Of course they dont. Ridiculous comment.

No ridiculous at all. More and more sportspeople are choosing a vegan/vegetarian diet so why is a separate cooking and preparation area 'ridiculous'.
    Theres already a separate cooking and food preparation area. It's called a kitchen.
    I suspect you already know this, but vegetarians and vegans are wary of cross contamination from meat and fish based stuff, like might happen on the same cooking surfaces, the same utensils and splashing of lard or meat fat or fish oil.
    So no, not ridiculous, or at least not as ridiculous as you choosing to make an issue out of what I originally wrote.
    So are you suggesting that all restaurants should now have two kitchens? Just to satisfy the vegan brigade? You gonna pay for that?

I suspect that professional chefs are fully aware of the issues with cross contamination of food. No need for a completely separate facility.

But I suspect you just wanted another opportunity to tell people you are a vegan and push that agenda. Again.
    Stop acting like a dick. No, the separate kitchen or kitchen area as is stated above (amazing how some have selective reading cognition!) is a question being asked, especially with more and more athletes going vegetarian or vegan. Venus Williams, David Haye, Jermain Defoe, even Neil Robertson the snooker player are vegan. It's a fair consideration if there is a possibility of cross-contamination. Would you expect Muslim athletes - like Naby Sarr, I think, unless I have that very wrong - to be happy if pork product is used without due consideration for cross-contamination?

So no. He's not bloody suggesting all restaurants should have two kitchens. Stop deliberately strawmanning and acting like a twat. A separate area AS IS SAID ABOVE is a fair question.

He's also not a vegan lol mug
    Lol. Who rattled your cage?

Calling people twats and dicks. Is that called for?
    I didn't call you a twat and/or dick.

I said stop acting like one. So no, I can verifiably say I have not called you a twat or dick.
    Lol. Now who's being selective.

Did you call me a mug though? Just to be clear.
    Don't understand how ensuring your reading comprehension is up to scratch is being selective, but sure.

And I refer you to the addendum above.

And you were being selective from the outset! There are many good and positive things in Seth's post, and you pick up on a vegetarian/veganism thing and claim it's peddling an "agenda". I wonder who truly has the agenda.
    From memory I believe the two of you are related, so completely understand why you feel the need to jump in.

I just find it baffling that we have some great plans unveiled and someone has to bring up a separate cooking area for vegans, of all things!

Professional chefs are all fully aware of food cross contamination issues. No need for separate areas.

It's a strange thing to suggest. That's all.
    Fair enough to find it baffling or strange. Whatever. But I don't know if anyone else would see it as such a big concern, or as thinking that is so offensive, as to prompt them to comment that Seth is "pushing an agenda".

I would say that it's impractical to have a separate kitchen entirely, of course. But in the context - for instance - of Chelsea opening a fully vegan food kiosk, or Burger King's new plant-based Whopper not being suitable for vegetarians or vegans, it's clear that a non-meat diet is in the mainstream/zeitgeist, and Seth's question by extension isn't exactly as "ridiculous" as you would like everyone to think.
    It wasn't a question though, was it, it was a statement on what, in his opinion, the facility needs.

When someone posts the same things on every food related thread and sometimes on non food related threads, at what point do you think it does become pushing an agenda? Even mods have had to mention it to Seth in the past.
    What on earth are you talking about?
    You are simply wrong I'm afraid.
    Then please point put where the question was.

Also I guess AFKA didn't have to pull you up on bringing up veggie options for every club event going, despite having no intention of going?

Wrong how exactly?
  • Options
    AFKA has not 'pulled me up' for bringing up veggie options for every club event going.
    My comments on club events are more like the price you pay for what food you get and how the price excludes people.
    Point out where what question was?
    If you read my first post on this thread I mention car parking, separate veggie cooking areas, the memorial garden and a tea hut all in the context of what good news this is. Later I enquired about whether there were fan lights or solar panels on the roof...that bit was a question.
    So the 'wrong how exactly' is the inference that I am a poster held in check by moderators for occasionally mentioning vegetarian food. There are others who mention vegetarian/vegan food in their posts too. I have never noticed moderators trying to prevent any poster from mentioning such stuff.
    You are wrong in what you say about me on this thread.
  • Options
    So I come onto this thread. Getting really encouraged and excited about the plans and the ambition. 
    Finish up being totally depressed about petty arguments. Only on CL!
  • Options
    Surprised no-one's mentioned the absence of penalty spots yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dunno i find it mildly amusing seeing people being shut down with their own words.
  • Options
    Well, the building certainly isn’t going to win any awards for architectural design.
    Functional is the word I guess.....I would like to see a couple of ‘pleasing on the eye features’ to make it more homely and to give it a more warmly and welcoming appeal.
  • Options
    Well, the building certainly isn’t going to win any awards for architectural design.
    Functional is the word I guess.....I would like to see a couple of ‘pleasing on the eye features’ to make it more homely and to give it a more warmly and welcoming appeal.
    I imagine the limited space makes that hard
  • Options
    Aint there enough grass to graze on for the food extremists, or can I suggest you make a start on that annoying little tree
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    "You do make me laugh Seth. 

Every year without fail fail you end up in some meaningless debate about an event you have zero likelihood in attending. "

Yet there's no agenda....

Your first post had no question, as paddy had claimed:

"Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food"

Unless one has an agenda there is no reason a football clubs training facilities need a seperate vegetarian cooking area.

So not wrong.

Just stop now, this is a petulant argument.
    DM one and other if you care that much, because I can assure you no one else does.
    ''Be careful or I'll have a family member come and insult you。 :D
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Like this homely enough
  • Options
     I don't like the bricks
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Maybe.....but inventive architects should all be well accustomed to awkward space limitations.
    I myself have no idea what could be done along those lines, but I would just like to see a bit of individual originality rather than a featureless concrete and glass block. One that everyone could go away from having seen a nice/interesting looking building.
  • Options
    Some mock Tudor cladding would make it look amazing.

• Options
    One thing that should be considered ASAP is the Pierre Bolangi memorial garden.

@Fanny Fanackapan
    I'm free !

I did ask someone to bring this up at last Friday's meeting if/when the SL development was on the agenda but presume this was overlooked. 

As I stated a week or so ago, the issue will be brought to the notice of MS shortly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe.....but inventive architects should all be well accustomed to awkward space limitations.
    I myself have no idea what could be done along those lines, but I would just like to see a bit of individual originality rather than a featureless concrete and glass block. One that everyone could go away from having seen a nice/interesting looking building.
    Whilst I get your point, as a building it only really needs to be functional, I'd rather that money was spent elsewhere
  • Options
    If you look at some of the new facilities going up around the Premier League then yes these plans do look formulaic and dare i say boring.

BUT compared to what we have now and THE TRENCH we have to be grateful that this new mob are pushing our wonderful academy forwards.
  • Options
    Some mock Tudor cladding would make it look amazing.

And a Creteprint car park to finish it off (even go a French drain in the photo) -

• Options
    Whilst I get your point, as a building it only really needs to be functional, I'd rather that money was spent elsewhere
    On a Michelin star quality vegan restaurant?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Every year without fail fail you end up in some meaningless debate about an event you have zero likelihood in attending. "

"Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food"

Unless one has an agenda there is no reason a football clubs training facilities need a seperate vegetarian cooking area.

So not wrong.

Just stop now, this is a petulant argument.
    DM one and other if you care that much, because I can assure you no one else does.
    ''Be careful or I'll have a family member come and insult you。 :D
    You think that's how family works? "Come help me fight fires"? Man, your life must be warped.

See - the thing is, I get on with mine, so yeah, of my own volition I'm happy to stick up for Seth. I'm really, really sorry for you that apparently you have such a transactional view of family that I was doing this as some sort of favour.
  • Options
    Give it a rest all of you, bloody hell. 

Don't need to ask for separate areas in kitchens for vegetarian and vegan food, that's already a thing in all professional kitchens worth their salt, and seeing as sports nutrition etc is a forerunner in plant based proteins and fuels, I don't think this will be an issue going forward.

I'm surprised by the "rest areas" as people have called them, sure look like digs to me, but maybe that's a way to get around certain restrictions on building and planning permission. 
  • Options
    @Off_it

Find most of your posts quite funny but think you are wide of the mark here. 

The bloke literally offered to volunteer for the club in order to make the experience of fans attending youth games at SL more enjoyable...Fair play!

If he believes there should be a separate area in the Kitchen for veggie/vegan food preparation then who cares 

It doesn’t really affect your life...

• Options
    edited January 2020
    sam3110 said:

I'm surprised by the "rest areas" as people have called them, sure look like digs to me, but maybe that's a way to get around certain restrictions on building and planning permission. 
    Got a nagging suspicion that they'll be digs for players shipped in, as has already been touted by MS
  • Options

So not wrong.

Yes wrong.
    What on earth 'agenda' is there FFS?
    Sheesh. When the Valley West Stand was being planned a council officer asked about separate changing facilities for female match officials. At the time the question was mocked, yet yesterday we saw the female assistant at Brentford, was the council official asking a question because they had an 'agenda'?
    On this thread my first post was uncontroversial, yet out of a clear blue sky you have created friction not because of what I wrote but because of what looks like your personal antipathy towards me.
    If you wish to pursue your personal attacks do it in a private message.