Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training ground plans

Comments

• Options

Don't like those green balloons they've installed behind the building
    Or the jumbo jet to the right!
  • Options
    Typical Roland... Looks like it was drawn with an Etchosketch!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    The bedrooms make sense if we have an early start to an away game and players live a bit of a drive away. A player needs as much rest as possible before a game.
    Useful for SG working all hours during transfer windows as well!
    Or if Chris Parkes wants to get away from Sue
    I would not like to stir anything up, but I hear he has asked for a double.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Redrobo said:
    The bedrooms make sense if we have an early start to an away game and players live a bit of a drive away. A player needs as much rest as possible before a game.
    The rooms were included to accommodate academy trainees, quite possibly from the EU, as a cheaper alternative to lodgings off site and to comply with category one rules. The "recovery rooms" are simply extra bedrooms badged differently to get more bedrooms through planning without frightening the horses.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Or if Chris Parkes wants to get away from Sue
    Will the training ground vol-au-vents be vegetarian? 
  • Options
    Every single CL thread would be half it's size if we all stayed on topic lol. Can't stress how happy I am that ESI are focusing so heavily on the academy
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    The rooms were included to accommodate academy trainees, quite possibly from the EU, as a cheaper alternative to lodgings off site and to comply with category one rules. The "recovery rooms" are simply extra bedrooms badged differently to get more bedrooms through planning without frightening the horses.
    I assumed they were for one of the revenue streams, Airbnb. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Looking at the long term, I just can't see a Premier League footballer bedding in for the night at the training ground. Surely all Prem, and most Championship, Clubs travel the day before if the start is that early.

Nb - not looking for a conspiracy here, just can't see the 'residential' part of the build being used as described by MS. Pretty sure it'll be more for bringing foreign young players in as part of the academy set up. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    As above
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    As above
    Ah, so the Christmas parties will be at Sparrows. Sound planning/
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

Don't like those green balloons they've installed behind the building
    Or the jumbo jet to the right!
    Christ what a lack of ambition!!

That jumbo jet my friend is in our very own private Airport so we can easily jet off on Champions League nights
  • Options
    Has a Principle contractor been appointed???? 
  • Options
    These people are not happy I can tell you.   All lined up by Roland, they knicked a new mixer and everything!

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Every single CL thread would be half it's size if we all stayed on topic lol. Can't stress how happy I am that ESI are focusing so heavily on the academy
    Well said Rossman92 - the academy news is a great step forward. Just stopped myself from posting something else off topic :)
  • Options
    Has there been any update on the plans yet? Unless I'm missing something there hasn't been much change in infrastructure since TS arrived.

The Valley looks very tired in places as well, some of it not major stuff, nothing a good bit of jet washing wouldn't sort out.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Has there been any update on the plans yet? Unless I'm missing something there hasn't been much change in infrastructure since TS arrived.

The Valley looks very tired in places as well, some of it not major stuff, nothing a good bit of jet washing wouldn't sort out.
    Take it up with the Landlord, TS doesn’t own either the Valley or Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Agree about The Valley. Needs a bit of TLC. There is a bog in the AC Stand where the lock was broken first game of the season, still broken now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fans would help cleaning up etc. Just ask. 
  • Options
    Im sure the facilities and general standing of the property (The Valley) is the role of the COO (Chief OPERATING Officer) who should be reporting said issues back or using his nonce to get them fixed/spruced up......but then our COO is quite clearly not doing his job, or ensuring other are, and this role is well beyond his capabilities.........................I would imagine!!!

He’s director of operations now so those responsibilities may will be outside his pay grade. 

• Options
     Went on the first organised tour of the training ground yesterday morning. Apart from the two astroturf pitches for the academy, and the standalone Pippin Hall facilities for the women, I was very unimpressed.

Until we are able to purchase the training ground from the Rat this will remain the case. A collection of portacabins, dotted around. Even with additions from Sandgaard,  both the physio and training room resources were inadequate and in need of a drastic upgrade. 

The tiny portacabin which Tracey operates out of is a disgrace. Good luck with showing that to any successor. 
    Especially when we are in competition now a few miles down the road with this at Palace...

https://mobile.twitter.com/cpfc/status/1453708146384515075?s=21
  • Options
     Went on the first organised tour of the training ground yesterday morning. Apart from the two astroturf pitches for the academy, and the standalone Pippin Hall facilities for the women, I was very unimpressed.

Until we are able to purchase the training ground from the Rat this will remain the case. A collection of portacabins, dotted around. Even with additions from Sandgaard,  both the physio and training room resources were inadequate and in need of a drastic upgrade. 

The tiny portacabin which Tracey operates out of is a disgrace. Good luck with showing that to any successor. 
    Especially when we are in competition now a few miles down the road with this at Palace...

Saw that on LinkedIn the other day as my mate worked on it. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021

I remember being slightly concerned when Thomas (before the takeover) was eulogising about how wonderful and PL standard our training ground was, when in reality it's light years behind what PL clubs have now, and not just the Big 6 clubs. Leicester have a vast new complex, and the likes of Burnley have spent a lot of their PL money on their training ground
  • Options
    Burnley have spent that money after 10 years in the Premier League, but Turf Moor has only really been tweaked and tidied up, we made different choices while we were in the PL in terms of infrastructure, and Sparrows Lane wasn't one. 
  • Options
    There's no point Roddy and co planning for a Cat 1 academy unless we have a decent training ground