Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training ground plans

Comments

• Options

No plans for potholes then?!?
  • Options
    You're capable of thinking?
    Wonders will never cease.
  • Options
    I keep refreshing for updates lol :)  And just to declare I know Seth but not related!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    You're capable of thinking?
    Wonders will never cease.
    I'm full of surprises. 

But theres no need to get so personal just because your prejudice means you are wary of me and my kind.
  • Options
    Does anyone know whether the John Lewis is open to the public, or whether it's solely for players? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Does anyone know whether the John Lewis is open to the public, or whether it's solely for players? Thanks in advance.
    I think there's two. One for vegans and another for the rest.
  • Options
    "Blinkered pompous arse" ------ bet that don't get said on any Smallwall forum
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Know nothing about planning rules, but I am surprised we are allowed to incorporate sleeping/ living accommodation onto a site that was designated as a sports facility.  Next step, get rid of pitches and Gyms etc and build houses. 

We are going to have the best facilities in league one by miles...... ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?
    Car park spaces need double lines like in Bluewater so you don't do in your back squeezing in and out, and for the future each car park space should have a charger for electric cars. Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food, and a little tea hut for spectators at U18 and U23 matches (I will work in there for free if it helps).
    Fantastic plans, love 'em, almost as good a pouring over train timetables.
    Of course they dont. Ridiculous comment.

No ridiculous at all. More and more sportspeople are choosing a vegan/vegetarian diet so why is a separate cooking and preparation area 'ridiculous'.
    Theres already a separate cooking and food preparation area. It's called a kitchen.
    I suspect you already know this, but vegetarians and vegans are wary of cross contamination from meat and fish based stuff, like might happen on the same cooking surfaces, the same utensils and splashing of lard or meat fat or fish oil.
    So no, not ridiculous, or at least not as ridiculous as you choosing to make an issue out of what I originally wrote.
    So are you suggesting that all restaurants should now have two kitchens? Just to satisfy the vegan brigade? You gonna pay for that?

I suspect that professional chefs are fully aware of the issues with cross contamination of food. No need for a completely separate facility.

But I suspect you just wanted another opportunity to tell people you are a vegan and push that agenda. Again.
    Stop acting like a dick. No, the separate kitchen or kitchen area as is stated above (amazing how some have selective reading cognition!) is a question being asked, especially with more and more athletes going vegetarian or vegan. Venus Williams, David Haye, Jermain Defoe, even Neil Robertson the snooker player are vegan. It's a fair consideration if there is a possibility of cross-contamination. Would you expect Muslim athletes - like Naby Sarr, I think, unless I have that very wrong - to be happy if pork product is used without due consideration for cross-contamination?

So no. He's not bloody suggesting all restaurants should have two kitchens. Stop deliberately strawmanning and acting like a twat. A separate area AS IS SAID ABOVE is a fair question.

He's also not a vegan lol mug
    Lol. Who rattled your cage?

Calling people twats and dicks. Is that called for?
    I didn't call you a twat and/or dick.

I said stop acting like one. So no, I can verifiably say I have not called you a twat or dick.
    Lol. Now who's being selective.

Did you call me a mug though? Just to be clear.
    Don't understand how ensuring your reading comprehension is up to scratch is being selective, but sure.

And I refer you to the addendum above.

And you were being selective from the outset! There are many good and positive things in Seth's post, and you pick up on a vegetarian/veganism thing and claim it's peddling an "agenda". I wonder who truly has the agenda.
    From memory I believe the two of you are related, so completely understand why you feel the need to jump in.

I just find it baffling that we have some great plans unveiled and someone has to bring up a separate cooking area for vegans, of all things!

Professional chefs are all fully aware of food cross contamination issues. No need for separate areas.

It's a strange thing to suggest. That's all.
    Fair enough to find it baffling or strange. Whatever. But I don't know if anyone else would see it as such a big concern, or as thinking that is so offensive, as to prompt them to comment that Seth is "pushing an agenda".

I would say that it's impractical to have a separate kitchen entirely, of course. But in the context - for instance - of Chelsea opening a fully vegan food kiosk, or Burger King's new plant-based Whopper not being suitable for vegetarians or vegans, it's clear that a non-meat diet is in the mainstream/zeitgeist, and Seth's question by extension isn't exactly as "ridiculous" as you would like everyone to think.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Love these plans.
    Memorial garden?
    Car park spaces need double lines like in Bluewater so you don't do in your back squeezing in and out, and for the future each car park space should have a charger for electric cars. Also need a secure bicycle storage area, and a separate kitchen (area) for vegan/ vegetarian food, and a little tea hut for spectators at U18 and U23 matches (I will work in there for free if it helps).
    Fantastic plans, love 'em, almost as good a pouring over train timetables.
    Of course they dont. Ridiculous comment.

No ridiculous at all. More and more sportspeople are choosing a vegan/vegetarian diet so why is a separate cooking and preparation area 'ridiculous'.
    Theres already a separate cooking and food preparation area. It's called a kitchen.
    I suspect you already know this, but vegetarians and vegans are wary of cross contamination from meat and fish based stuff, like might happen on the same cooking surfaces, the same utensils and splashing of lard or meat fat or fish oil.
    So no, not ridiculous, or at least not as ridiculous as you choosing to make an issue out of what I originally wrote.
    So are you suggesting that all restaurants should now have two kitchens? Just to satisfy the vegan brigade? You gonna pay for that?

I suspect that professional chefs are fully aware of the issues with cross contamination of food. No need for a completely separate facility.

But I suspect you just wanted another opportunity to tell people you are a vegan and push that agenda. Again.
    Stop acting like a dick. No, the separate kitchen or kitchen area as is stated above (amazing how some have selective reading cognition!) is a question being asked, especially with more and more athletes going vegetarian or vegan. Venus Williams, David Haye, Jermain Defoe, even Neil Robertson the snooker player are vegan. It's a fair consideration if there is a possibility of cross-contamination. Would you expect Muslim athletes - like Naby Sarr, I think, unless I have that very wrong - to be happy if pork product is used without due consideration for cross-contamination?

So no. He's not bloody suggesting all restaurants should have two kitchens. Stop deliberately strawmanning and acting like a twat. A separate area AS IS SAID ABOVE is a fair question.

He's also not a vegan lol mug
    Lol. Who rattled your cage?

Calling people twats and dicks. Is that called for?
    I didn't call you a twat and/or dick.

I said stop acting like one. So no, I can verifiably say I have not called you a twat or dick.
    Lol. Now who's being selective.

Did you call me a mug though? Just to be clear.
    Don't understand how ensuring your reading comprehension is up to scratch is being selective, but sure.

And I refer you to the addendum above.

And you were being selective from the outset! There are many good and positive things in Seth's post, and you pick up on a vegetarian/veganism thing and claim it's peddling an "agenda". I wonder who truly has the agenda.
    From memory I believe the two of you are related, so completely understand why you feel the need to jump in.

I just find it baffling that we have some great plans unveiled and someone has to bring up a separate cooking area for vegans, of all things!

Professional chefs are all fully aware of food cross contamination issues. No need for separate areas.

It's a strange thing to suggest. That's all.
    My original post on this thread was, and remains, entirely positive. Very enthusiastic, and as well as the food thing I mentioned the possible memorial garden and car parking and a tea hut for spectators at games.
    You chose to focus on one of those things in order to....
    Well I won't assume too much, but I believe in order to create discord for whatever reasons you have.
    'Racist'
    'Seth being Seth'
    And that kind of thing.
    Unnecessary but if it gets you through a gloomy afternoon than I expect you will carry on.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Has the three story building been given approval by planners in Greenwich? I'm aware that a two story building has planning permission. Local residents were complaining about it for various reasons.

My guess would be that having CACT based there would heavily influence cllrs. 
    I think Roland's original plan (which had planning permission) was for a 3 story building like this, but last year he "downsized" it to 2 stories.  

Can't see any CACT-dedicated spaces on these plans - presumably they are to be housed elsewhere? 
    I agree that if they were included in this new-build it might influence the cllrs, but not so sure it will help if they are to remain in existing buildings.
  • Options
    The original plans approved in 2015 showed the second floor with recovery areas, which are now shown as en-suite bedrooms which surely will require planning permission. 
  • Options
    Know nothing about planning rules, but I am surprised we are allowed to incorporate sleeping/ living accommodation onto a site that was designated as a sports facility.  Next step, get rid of pitches and Gyms etc and build houses. 

We are going to have the best facilities in league one by miles...... ! 
    I believe it was contentious at the planning stage.

I vaguely remember an issue over a 4th floor and a pulled Fulham programme but this design isn't an issue.

It's been approved and the rest rooms agreed.
  • Options
    One thing that should be considered ASAP is the Pierre Bolangi memorial garden.

@Fanny Fanackapan
    I'm sure she mentioned it on another thread
  • Options
    That little trees doing me farkin head in -

Got to do some replanting to keep the project carbon neutral. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got to do some replanting to keep the project carbon neutral. 
    That would off set a squirrel fart that 
  • Options

That's not a tree - it's the pensioned-off Roland Balloon
  • Options
    Stig said:
    So is this actually going ahead or is it a pipe dream?
    It's Phase 1 of a multi-phase approach, subject to planning permission for a trench.  Phase 1 expected to complete in 18 months.
  • Options

It's an Otzumer tree I believe 
    I guess the wide one to the right is a Hasselbaink tree then?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Charlton already has a top notch academy and these plans and vision will make Charlton even better. The money in football is ridiculous and having the ability to produce our own stars and make a good profit when they move on is I feel the exact model a club of our size should pursue.
    If we can produce our own talent and also back our scouts and recruitment team like Brentford have done we'd really hit the sweet spot. It's phenomenal how many players they've signed for £1-2m and then sold on for large profits. Hopefully our new owners have got the funds and the vision to do the same.

#BrentfordFC

• Options
    Charlton already has a top notch academy and these plans and vision will make Charlton even better. The money in football is ridiculous and having the ability to produce our own stars and make a good profit when they move on is I feel the exact model a club of our size should pursue.
    If we can produce our own talent and also back our scouts and recruitment team like Brentford have done we'd really hit the sweet spot. It's phenomenal how many players they've signed for £1-2m and then sold on for large profits. Hopefully our new owners have got the funds and the vision to do the same.

#BrentfordFC

Their approach is basically Driesen, but done with experts in computer player analysis instead of Thomas...